2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry friend. If you do manage to find one, I suggest using a different controller. A friend of mine who is a neat freak, keeps his hands washed and never eats while playing had his analog sticks turn yellowish already. It seems the oil from your skin will react with the white rubber.
I've seen some people have this issue. I've been using the Spidey controller since I got the system and have not had any issues with the sticks turning yellow.

I've seen some people have this issue. I've been using the Spidey controller since I got the system and have not had any issues with the sticks turning yellow.
If I break it open, I have those toppers from a few BFs ago I'll transfer over to the SM controller just in case.

attachicon.gif
A4015381-015D-41B7-986A-147EB6610D8D.jpeg

Tomorrow only. I assume the $325 will be for the One X and/or PS4 Pro?
saw that too. I wonder if the $50 code will stack and curious as to the breakdown of boosted values on the PS4's.

No regrets if it stacks. Also I doubt the Pro and X would get equal billin’, that $325 ($350? $375?) is surely only the X.

Hmm I wonder what games this will work with. Cmon switch titles... Would also be insane if if stacked. That would be what 375 for a pro? Seems like too good to be true

Tbh I wonder if this is a trick to screw people over before dropping pro day deals (if there are any)...
Pro Day is usually just a way for them to clear out stock of months old AAA games. I doubt there will be any "good" trade promos, if any. I could see this as a way to get people to amass trade credit to blow on Pro Day.

Why doesn't Game Stop show any PS4 Pro consoles in stock at stores in the NY Metro area?   Depending on the trade value tomorrow I might upgrade my PS4 Slim.  

Is the inventory checker for it broken?  I just want the 1TB in black.

Pro Day is usually just a way for them to clear out stock of months old AAA games. I doubt there will be any "good" trade promos, if any. I could see this as a way to get people to amass trade credit to blow on Pro Day.
Proday back in May was 30% extra trade credit (Elite members), so there might be a bonus this time.

If the coupon stacks I'm trading in my original pro tomorrow. I need a good reason to open one of the limited pros I was lucky enough to get.

I might even trade in a switch if I can use the coupon multiple times. Anybody know if it works multiple times? It was stated to be generic, but not sure if their system tracks multiple use per account.

Why doesn't Game Stop show any PS4 Pro consoles in stock at stores in the NY Metro area? Depending on the trade value tomorrow I might upgrade my PS4 Slim.

Is the inventory checker for it broken? I just want the 1TB in black.
Because they might not have any? I've heard that they have been tough to find new for a few weeks

Then I guess I am out. Not going to trade my PS4 if I can't upgrade to a Pro. I am in the middle of Spider-Man.
I just checked for the fun of it. I live just outside Philly and the closest one to me is in York, PA. Only store within 100 miles of Philly with a new PS4 Pro. I do wonder why they haven't been manufacturing them. It's not just a GS problem.

I just checked for the fun of it. I live just outside Philly and the closest one to me is in York, PA. Only store within 100 miles of Philly with a new PS4 Pro. I do wonder why they haven't been manufacturing them. It's not just a GS problem.
I’m hoping all these pro bundles have been their way of getting rid of existing stock and releasing a new hardware revision of the pro. I am cautiously optimistic about that though, after the ps3 super slim though (ie a step in the wrong direction).

Lol, I'm still pretty happy with how it all panned out. Between their preorder trade bonus from a week or so ago and the $50 promo code, I did pretty good on my Pro trade toward a Spidey console.

Spiderman Pro in stock , got one but was charged for shipping and handling when it was stated as free

I'm also elite

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I want to get in on this..but not without trading my OG PS4 Pro. Would love to do a web in-store order but I'm stuck at work, what's the best way to get around this?
If you can swing it, buy it on a credit card and do a return/rebuy in store & then pay with credit.

Hmm, I just got a PS4 pro and have my original 500gb PS4 to get rid of still, this looks like the time! (If it qualifies) Any other details on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back