2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp here's to riding on that $350 PS4 Pro train. Inb4 it gets nuked asap

Shit, might trade my OG Phat Xbox One too. $200 and I haven't even turned the fucker on in like 6+ months

I only see switch as a $250 trade value. How do you get to $300?
There's a generic $50 coupon bonus on console trades. It was posted here last week. I don't have it but you may want to search the thread if you're interested in trading

Almost 5 years later, and they're giving you $200 base TiC on an OG PS4. Life is good.

Craziness.

Aside from the big Switch hitters anyone found some other good trade values on games?

Well boys we gonna be eating well tonight! First party switch titles going for $42-$48 with elite? Yes please! If only there was a trade bonus too, but I doubt values will be this high come pro day. Also if you need points, slim ps4s are $280, sell for $275 after coupon lmao

There's a generic $50 coupon bonus on console trades. It was posted here last week. I don't have it but you may want to search the thread if you're interested in trading

Almost 5 years later, and they're giving you $200 base TiC on an OG PS4. Life is good.
$200 TIC is pretty good. I wanted to sell my OG PS4 for about that much in cash, but I might just trade it in today (with that $50 bonus code) and get Amazon gift cards with the credit. Gotta wait for my Spidey Pro to arrive first (later today) and then swap the hard drives since my OG currently has a 2TB in it.

Why are no pro showing in stock?
Would the $50 stack with the bonus $25?
(and wouldn't they see you hadn't bought a 500m console or ask why not pro member?)

(and wouldn't they see you hadn't bought a 500m console or ask why not pro member?)
I was not able to get the $25 to stack with the $50 last week. I was not a Pro member but the coupon worked fine.

$200 TIC is pretty good. I wanted to sell my OG PS4 for about that much in cash, but I might just trade it in today (with that $50 bonus code) and get Amazon gift cards with the credit. Gotta wait for my Spidey Pro to arrive first (later today) and then swap the hard drives since my OG currently has a 2TB in it.
Amazon GCs? They nerfed that a few years ago. You sure they brought it back?

Because they're difficult to find brand new. No one seems to know why. It's a Sony issue because it's like that at other retailers.

I feel like this should be in the FAQ at this point.

These cash values are insane.
Indeed. Need the money right now fallen behind in bills, was gonna go the Cardpool route but it’s hard to find the right GC for online, and the vending machines only give you 60% even for top brands. $44.99->$38.40 is a 15 percent loss to convert to cash. I’ll take it, esp because I have one renewal coupon that’ll get $24 profit.

Really if the renewal coupons were unlimited B2G1 right now this would be an ultimate cash out.

But with one set of three, it would take those three and five more at $44 outright before you’d lose anything converting to cash. Basically $300.

Anyone else trading their One X today? Very tempting to get $375 with the coupon, especially considering base value yesterday was $230.
I might if I can back it up easy enough. I imagine with “Rakuten” style pricing being $400 w/ PUBG lately that that’s likely to be the Black Friday price (with a better free game). I got a real gaming PC recently, and won’t have an HDR TV, so while I love game pass, the X has been overkill, and with the slim being $140 new last Christmas I might take my $375 and buy back a slim soon.

I might if I can back it up easy enough. I imagine with “Rakuten” style pricing being $400 w/ PUBG lately that that’s likely to be the Black Friday price (with a better free game). I got a real gaming PC recently, and won’t have an HDR TV, so while I love game pass, the X has been overkill, and with the slim being $140 new last Christmas I might take my $375 and buy back a slim soon.
I’m in the same situation. I have a PS4 and Switch, which get used a lot more. I have a big Xbox backlog, but the One S can be had cheap. I saw that Rakuten price this morning and it made me want to trade. That and the new Microsoft financing option might end up lowering MSRP to $400...

I wonder if this is a one-Day thing or a precursor to GS getting back to pre-April form with values and promos. Hmm. March was great with $59 trade values on NSW games 👍🏼

I am definitely trading in my Switch games today. $40 base TIV on most of the top tier games (except Octopath, Hyrule Warriors, ARMS, Mario Tennis Aces, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which are $35 base TIV).

PS4 Slim 1tb base TIV is $225. Temped to trade in at this value since GS had it for $199 with a $50 gc during past BF.

Vanilla rainbow 6 siege trading for $36 elite is kinda insane.

Gotta check Target brickseek lol

Amazon GCs? They nerfed that a few years ago. You sure they brought it back?
Ah, I didn’t know you can’t buy them with GameStop credit. Guess that’s no longer an option. Not sure if it’s even worth the hassle trading my OG PS4 in to Gamestop if there’s no big purchases I’m looking to get anytime soon.

Reposting this, since this will be helpful:

Gamestop_zpsfj67eehi.png

Is $240 a good cash value for a original PS4 Pro? I just got the Spider-Man LE and looking to unload the one I have. Do you think it is realistic to get $325 selling it locally on the phone apps like letgo?

Is $240 a good cash value for a original PS4 Pro? I just got the Spider-Man LE and looking to unload the one I have. Do you think it is realistic to get $325 selling it locally on the phone apps like letgo?
It's a convenience thing. You can get more selling it yourself but that requires more work, usually dealing with no shows and requests to trade for paintball/airsoft guns.

Anyone else trading their One X today? Very tempting to get $375 with the coupon, especially considering base value yesterday was $230.
I posted here last week asking if I should wait because I pre-ordered the White X and wouldn't really need a normal X. My setup in my room is all white consoles, hence why I originally got an S, but now we just got a new 4K TV in our living room, so I was considering moving the Black X there and leaving the White one in my room. But $375 is very tempting, considering I bought my X for $400 without tax during E3 week.

Doesn't look like much 5 X1 games, 5 PS4 games, top tier Switch games, and consoles.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Persona 5 going up to $30 base. Gamestop was selling it for $30 back around Christmas.
I forgot about Persona 5... Guess I'm driving back home after work.

Is anyone else trading in their Switch games today? With Pro Day and Prestige Day right around the corner, this adds to the conundrum.

I'll take 42 for my Xenoblade 2. It's not 48 but better than the 40 I was expecting.
I am tempted to dump my copy, but I own the other games in the series despite never finishing any of them.

Doesn't look like much 5 X1 games, 5 PS4 games, top tier Switch games, and consoles.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Persona 5 going up to $30 base. Gamestop was selling it for $30 back around Christmas.
Yeah, seems to mostly be fairly recent releases, Siege, and top-tier Switch stuff.

Hmm I still have a Zelda breath of the wild I bought from that Best Buy glitch a few months back, might have to trade it in and buy Spider-Man with that credit.

Is anyone else trading in their Switch games today? With Pro Day and Prestige Day right around the corner, this adds to the conundrum.
Yes. $300 trade credit can go a long way with the Prestige Day B2G1 promo on any preowned.

I never realized GameStop's retro game section was so cheap, albeit insanely small. Noticed the section when I popped in this past weekend and left with complete and near mint condition copies of The Warriors and Jade Empire (limited edition) Xbox for $7 total. Pretty solid

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back