2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have $77 and change in BB Gift Cards and I am able to buy Splatoon 2 and MK8D and can trade them in.

Is getting $96 in credit at Gamestop worth it compared to saving the $77 in credit at Best Buy to use with GCU?

How thoroughly do they check the PS4 on trade in?  I have an OG unit but it has a 1TB HDD and they said that they won't take it unless I have the 500GB, which I do not.

^what state do you guys live in? I'm in California, I'm assuming it's just another trade in issue because of that.

What do you need exactly to do a switch trade in btw? I'm hoping it's okay to wipe the memory beforehand as well.
manual override here in ca, worked better on my end. got 51 each on 3 switch games, 225 for broken og ps4, 155 for broken og x1. paid off pikachu switch with 100 left over.

I have $77 and change in BB Gift Cards and I am able to buy Splatoon 2 and MK8D and can trade them in.
Is getting $96 in credit at Gamestop worth it compared to saving the $77 in credit at Best Buy to use with GCU?
You have to decide if it’s wirrh your time to do legwork for 19$ of trade credit.

I plan to trade a PS4 dualshock

controller. Is the rechargable cable required for trade in?  Thanks in advance

My day just keeps getting better. Some of the credit I used was for a Magic : The Gathering Starter deck (Which comes with 1 Booster Pack). My booster pack had a Foil card worth $70-80 in it.

Praise be unto Gamestop and Video Game Day

I haven’t played my Xbox one in probably 6 months,it’s an oh phat, I guess today would be a good day to trade it in? It’s too bad this is one day only,

I haven’t played my Xbox one in probably 6 months,it’s an oh phat, I guess today would be a good day to trade it in? It’s too bad this is one day only,
Definitely the best day. Normal value is like $80. $150 is realistically the highest this will probably get at this point. Even more so if your store will let you use the $50 coupon so you can get $200 for it

I sure hope letting people use these coupons doesn't lead to store employees getting disciplinary action placed against them.

How thoroughly do they check the PS4 on trade in? I have an OG unit but it has a 1TB HDD and they said that they won't take it unless I have the 500GB, which I do not.
I traded my OG ps4 today which has an upgraded HD and they did not even check the HD size. I didn’t know they might not take it if it had been changed though so it worked out for me.

Question

Has anyone ever placed an order online through gamestop.com and received a shipping confirmation (with an expected delivery date)but later received an additional email stating "your payment was declined "?

This happend to me when I purchased the spiderman pro edition.

Does anyone what is going to happen whether it's just a glitch and it will actually be delivered?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Question

Has anyone ever placed an order online through gamestop.com and received a shipping confirmation (with an expected delivery date)but later received an additional email stating "your payment was declined "?

This happend to me when I purchased the spiderman pro edition.

Does anyone what is going to happen whether it's just a glitch and it will actually be delivered?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's happened to me 2-3 times in the past 2 weeks. It happened again today. I received the other items, so I'm going to let it go.

I sure hope letting people use these coupons doesn't lead to store employees getting disciplinary action placed against them.
If GameStop hands out a generic code they should know what's going to happen. We've taught them numerous times, and will continue to do so. Do you think employees got in trouble for letting people use birthday coupons when it wasn't their birthday? Hell no. Quit being a pussy.

I plan to trade a PS4 dualshock
controller. Is the rechargable cable required for trade in? Thanks in advance
Depends on the store. Mine always want the cable and you may be hit with a fee. The headset is not required though.

For the guy asking about a 1tb HD. They test HD capacity, internet connection, and all controller functions. If they notice the extra HD space your trade will be denied.

What an ordeal my trade in was. The system wasn't showing the proper base trade value on the Ps4 so it turned into a debate about the coupon. Took an override to fix

Depends on the store. Mine always want the cable and you may be hit with a fee. The headset is not required though.

For the guy asking about a 1tb HD. They test HD capacity, internet connection, and all cables nt roller functions. If they notice the extra HD space your trade will be denied.
I think you are talking about a console trade-in and not a trade in of just the controller. The only controller trades that "require" a cable are the ones that are sold with them such as the Switch Pro Controller & Wii U Pro Controller.

I think you are talking about a console trade-in and not a trade in of just the controller. The only controller trades that "require" a cable are the ones that are sold with them such as the Switch Pro Controller & Wii U Pro Controller.
Was about to say, the new DS4 controllers don't even include the cable.

Traded in some switch games and the $48 credit applied. End up getting a Switch no tax due to it all being credit.

Traded in my og 500gb ps4 and used the $50 coupon code on here and got $260 trade in value for that alone! Added in two games and got a brand new 1tb ps4 slim for $18!!!

I would've went for a pro but there weren't any available at my home store or any even within 100 miles! 

Okay so traded OG PS4, Persona 5 and Siege + code for 310. Since I already formatted the system before I got there the lady said "Oh, you already formatted it" and just turned it off and wrapped it up. Lucky me as the controller I gave them does not work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Traded in my og 500gb ps4 and used the $50 coupon code on here and got $260 trade in value for that alone! Added in two games and got a brand new 1tb ps4 slim for $18!!!

I would've went for a pro but there weren't any available at my home store or any even within 100 miles!
$50 coupon code?

Yeah Sony has been selling out of their systems really well lately. They had a big restock of standard Pro consoles on top of the Spiderman LE and they've pretty much have sold through everything already.

Sold my PS4 Pro for $350 no problem. I'll buy another on Black Friday or when the next limited comes out.cant seem to get my hands on a spiderman pro. I just want one of the ones that's quieter.

This thread got active real quick.

Wait a week and people will go back to complaining about GS and say they should never shop there.

Traded in two of the high profile switch games and got $90 credit. I figure I'll wait on a B2G1 deal that's coming soon and pick them back up along with a free game for my trouble.

So there is a secret trade in , bump today? Some values seem higher than usual
It's for Video Game Day. Must be something as none of the employees seemed to know about it. She was actually surprised I got that much for the PS4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Traded in two of the high profile switch games and got $90 credit. I figure I'll wait on a B2G1 deal that's coming soon and pick them back up along with a free game for my trouble.
Did the same but I traded in 3 for 144. Hoping to get them back this weekend or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back