2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question
Has anyone ever placed an order online through gamestop.com and received a shipping confirmation (with an expected delivery date)but later received an additional email stating "your payment was declined "?
This happend to me when I purchased the spiderman pro edition.
Does anyone what is going to happen whether it's just a glitch and it will actually be delivered?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This just happened to me as well. They ended up recharging me the difference of the gift card without putting the original balance back on it so now I have to call and try to get that refunded. I know that's going to a huge pain.

Its been a while since I've traded anything in. Just found out I'm on a 90 day ban for trading in too many controllers at once.

Its been a while since I've traded anything in. Just found out I'm on a 90 day ban for trading in too many controllers at once.
Side question: Do the controllers have to work that you trade in? I have one with a broken trigger and another with the headphone plug broken off in it. (..kids...)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Side question: Do the controllers have to work that you trade in? I have one with a broken trigger and another with the headphone plug broken off in it. (..kids...)

They have to work or the GameStop employee will deny the trade. If it's a current gen controller they actual test them out on a screen that will notify the employee of any defects before confirming the trade-in. In your case they probably won't even go that far before denying you.

Are they offering a bonus TIV for controllers today?
Not that I've heard or seen

This just happened to me as well. They ended up recharging me the difference of the gift card without putting the original balance back on it so now I have to call and try to get that refunded. I know that's going to a huge pain.
The exact thing happened to me so I called GS rep right after and he fixed it by dropping the additional charge on my cc (took place of the gift card).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wanted to cash out some of my credit and I had a B2G1 coupon. Got three switch games and boomeranged. $88 credit for $110 cash. Is there a chance of getting banned?

traded in my OG PS4 with the $50 bonus with no issues... employees at the store seemed not to have heard of it. just mentioning since someone said earlier on this thread that they were given a hard time about it.

They were all junk 360 controllers. Broken buttons or missing battery covers. They all got refurb fees but I traded when there was a 70% boost.

Sad to see my PS4 Pro go today, but pretty darn happy about the $350 for it.  Thanks to those that let us all know about the $50 trade coupon.

Holding out hope for the KH PS4 Pro to come to the US, it will be mine if so.

Traded in my PS4 Pro towards a Switch and got $325. It was $320 including tax so didn't pay anything out of pocket. I got my Pro for $320+tax from Target a couple months after it came out from a PM+coupon the manager let me stack so I broke even after almost 2 years of use.

Since I finished Spider-Man I figured I wouldn't get much use out of it until The Last of Us 2 comes out since I'll be playing multiplats on the X. By then I'd probably be able to get a cheap PS4 slim or the PS5 could be announced.

They also didn't test my system to see if it worked. Hadn't been to GS in over a year since I was accused of selling stolen games (bought them from Walmart to sell to GS at a higher price during a promo) so I don't know if they stopped testing systems or if the employee just didn't care.

Somehow I got $225 for a 500gb xbox one s with the coupon. Is that right? I thought it was only supposed to be $200.

The 1 hour it took while they checked the basically brand new system( actually told me they couldn't take it at first because it looked to new)wasn't probably worth it.

Does the extra $25 credit towards new console work towards preorders? If it does I was going to go that route instead of using a coupon multiple times, kind of feel shitty doing it and don't wanna get caught. I was going to trade in my Switch towards the Pokemon bundle.

Ended up with $600+, traded in my 1st party switch titles and my Switch. Used the coupon for a 2nd time.  Sadly Pokemon console is only order able online. Wished I could just leave $50 on it like I did my Spider pro.

Gone back and forth on whether I wanted to trade my Switch in and towards the Pikachu Switch or not and decided against it. Can’t wait 2 months as there is still multiple Switch games I want to play plus Mega Man next month. I’m sure there will be another trade in offer in the few next months.

Gone back and forth on whether I wanted to trade my Switch in and towards the Pikachu Switch or not and decided against it. Can’t wait 2 months as there is still multiple Switch games I want to play plus Mega Man next month. I’m sure there will be another trade in offer in the few next months.
I traded mine in too but I’ll most likely just rebuy a vanilla Switch.

Traded 3 Switch games today for $138. Good stuff. Not letting go of this hackable Switch though no matter what the trade deal is. Not that most people will care, but you're probably swapping unpatched Switches for patched ones.
Yeah. I keep a backup switch (pun not intended) that's unpatched. Now that opengl is working on libnx, I'm looking to start using it.

Traded 3 Switch games today for $138. Good stuff. Not letting go of this hackable Switch though no matter what the trade deal is. Not that most people will care, but you're probably swapping unpatched Switches for patched ones.
$138 WTF kinda trade in deals you on?

My GS was really busy and was having multiple computer issues but I was able to trade in. I got $397 credit for just trading in my OG PS4, Zelda, Mario Odyssey, and Madden (and I used the coupon)!

Man pro and prestige days are gonna have to try real hard to beat the deals today. Wound up with credit coming out the ears.

Ughhh some good trade deals but I didnt have any high ticket games. I really considered trading my OG One for the Slim w/ 2k19 but decided to pass. Hoping theres a trade bonus for pro day cause I have tons of other stuff I'd love to dump

Traded in a PS4 Slim 1tb for $275, a Xbox one S 1TB for $240, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 for $138. I think I did pretty good today lol

white og ps4 $250 ($50 coupon)
B2G1 Coupon flipped mk8+mario odyssey+dk tropical freeze = $144 credit or $115 cash. took the cash

Just got back from trading in my OG PS4. Thought I wasn't going to make it as I was swapping in my old hdd and reformatting it, but luckily my mall GS was open an extra 30 mins. They were in the middle of doing some inventory, so the guy told me he had to ask his boss first, who apparently was in some GS pow wow out in the food court. Anyway, got the go ahead and all the system/controller tests checked out. I was a little worried near the end because he had me sign the pad before scanning the $50 coupon, but it worked with no questions asked. Walked out with $250 credit in 15 mins. Really too bad they didn't have PS4 Pros in stock since I was in the middle of DQ XI, but just gonna borrow a friend's ps4 to play on.

Was going to trade in the switch for $300, but forgot the HDMI cord at home.

Too lazy to drive home and back to the store. Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be.

Traded in 4 Switch games that have been just sitting there for months (Splatoon 2, Odyssey, ARMS and Breath of the Wild) and got $186. 

Still have Hyrule  Warriors, Mario Aces, Mario Kart and Kirby Allies...if I had time I would have probably traded in the Switch and these 4 other games too.  Just bad timing in the middle of a hectic workweek. 

44$ Madden 19 and 33$ The Crew 2 im just a regular PRO member

would the TIV be higher on the PRO/PRESTIGE day?

Where do I get a B2G1 coupon?

In the pile of PS Move controllers, Wii Remotes, and Wii Wheels I took in today, I had Odyssey, Kirby, and Zelda. But I wanted to keep those. So I asked if I could immediately buy the games I just traded in as used. She said sure. I also had a birthday Buy 2, Get 1 coupon. So for those 3 games, $144 credit earned and $88 credit spent. And no Gamestop stickers!

Thanks, Gamestop.

44$ Madden 19 and 33$ The Crew 2 im just a regular PRO member

would the TIV be higher on the PRO/PRESTIGE day?

Where do I get a B2G1 coupon?
To clarify, the trade bump is today only and will not be higher (probably much lower) on Pro Day (15th) and Prestige Day (22nd). Based on previous Prestige Day Ads, all prestige stores will feature at least a 10% bonus trade bump and a B2G1 sale on all pre-owned products (no coupon necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back