2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
so they are doing the 4.99 bag and you get 40% off all collectibles that fit which apparently works on trading cards, very interested, but have no idea how big the bag is

so they are doing the 4.99 bag and you get 40% off all collectibles that fit which apparently works on trading cards, very interested, but have no idea how big the bag is
It will fit those trading cards deluxe boxes, but not sure if you intend to jam multiples of them into the bag. Most GS employees are cool about it if you don't go overboard and offer them positive feedback on the survey receipt for their service.

My Gamestop just sells you the bag and then lets have 40% off collectibles without actually putting it in there

Welp just bought 2 Nappa SH Figuarts and a Master Sword umbrella. Apparently the 40% off seems to be applying on purchases above $160 or so

Good opportunity to clean out collectibles in store for the collectible portion of the epic quest thing if you managed to get a code!

Does anyone know with the 3 game for 14.99 and under for $25. Is that 14.99 before or after discount. So could i get a preowned game that is $20 then after pro day elite discount it would $14. so would 3 games like this work.

Does anyone know with the 3 game for 14.99 and under for $25. Is that 14.99 before or after discount. So could i get a preowned game that is $20 then after pro day elite discount it would $14. so would 3 games like this work.
Before, so they need to be listed at $14.99 or less. But the discount does then apply after, so I think someone said the total for the three would be like 17.50 or something.

So I have been assuming that the b1g2 on collectables will supercede the 50% off sale on them that's been running for forever now, but after speaking to a manager yesterday I'm not so sure. He seemed to think that since the 50% has been a thing for so long & the other is just one day that it will be both. If so, I'm gonna be spending more than I thought. ;)  

I don’t even know what “virtue signaling” is but okay. I’m sure there are tons of repetitive questions out there that can easily be found through a quick search, sure. But what I take issue with is essentially being called out directly (“newbies who aren’t newbies”, referring to my 12 year old account with very few posts), and assuming I’m too dumb or lazy to search. Explain how exactly I search for clarification on fine print for an ad that just came out today, which is surely not the exact same deal as the last pro day. And I don’t understand the “they’ll figure it out or they won’t” comment. Duh. The point is, this is a discussion forum for the discussion of deals and saving money. If people are asking legitimate questions about a deal that clearly isn’t something that can be searched for, I really don’t see what the issue is. And on top of all that, again, it’s okay if you personally don’t want to answer people’s questions, but if other people are willing to, that really shouldn’t bother you.
i just want to add to your comment. the search function on this forum is beyond inefficient. it infuriates me, actually. the worst i have ever experienced on any forum, ever.

does anybody knows if I can trade multiple system towards switch and get the bump on each one of the system?
I have done it before in the past with different consoles like a xbox and playstation in a single transaction and it work without issue. never tried two of the same console before though

Will god of war be cheaper on Black Friday? I think it’ll go $30 but I’ll just buy it today, can I use certificates or will they not work?

Looks like ps+ 12 month is $40 physical card in store. Digital is still $60 on app though.[attachment=30962:A463FA50-380F-44B2-921F-FD2AC9843846.png]

No, what instigated it was your strong desire to be a dick.
Edgy. You didn't refute what he said at all. Most of the questions that were asked here can be answered by reading the ad, albeit, in the fine print. But check this out: if you put your thumb and pointer finger near each other and increase the distance between them, the print is no longer tiny!

Saying "look at the ad" is no different than saying "read the FAQ" back when we had one, but the fact that everything's no longer clearly laid out in Q&A format suddenly makes everything confusing.

Looks like ps+ 12 month is $40 physical card in store. Digital is still $60 on app though.
attachicon.gif
A463FA50-380F-44B2-921F-FD2AC9843846.png
I checked the app and it says that you have to purchase a new PS4 to get PSN+ for $40.

r7ukx4.jpg

FYI the $50 bonus code doesn't stack with the "buy x console towards y console" bonus being done today. Had a manager who was nice enough to manually adjust it, though.

Dumb question, but if I look at trade values on the website does that already include the "Up to 30% more credit", or is that applied when you go to the store?

Just got back from GS and wanted to report that the elite pro will not get 30% off on top of the 3 for $25 sale.  You will just get the usual 20% like you have been getting all along.

Curious if the $40 year of PS works without a console purchase in store. It will be about 6 central time before I can try. I’ll report back if nobody else tries before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back