2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously?? I was planning on preordering one today considering I’ve had bad experiences when dealing with online preordering. But once again shouldn’t be too surprised.
Update: I just checked around, and they are indeed taking preorders for $50 at some stores for the smash bundle. Allotment may be low, so call around.

So, for clarification, PUR certificates work on Pre-owned but not on Pro-Day Offers/new games?, does it negate the 30% off pre-owned for Elite making it just 20% as regular? 

Any particular amount on the 40% that needs to be hit? I bought a Friday the 13th figure for $30 yesterday, could return it and rebuy it along with a few other things, didn’t know.

Didn’t get any Pro Day stuff, but I did find a used copy of Spiderman and the 30% off for Elite worked. Bought that and a preowned Nintendo Pro Controller that looked brand new, also 30% off. I was able to use a $25 cert and Ebates cash back, so $10 out of pocket.

Just grabbed a new copy of Dead Cells for $25 and pre-owned Azure Gunvolt Striker Pack for $22. Both games were challenging but fun. 

Can confirm the PS+ card rings up for full price in store.
Here's hoping they put it on sale again for $40 later in the year like they did last year.

Didn’t get any Pro Day stuff, but I did find a used copy of Spiderman and the 30% off for Elite worked. Bought that and a preowned Nintendo Pro Controller that looked brand new, also 30% off. I was able to use a $25 cert and Ebates cash back, so $10 out of pocket.
Did using the PUR cert negate the extra 10% discount or everything applied?

I got very lucky and found a spiderman ps4 pro from a week of being persistent and bought a pre owned nba 2k19 for $28 using $15 PUR and 30% off.

Went to a GameStop and asked about Pokémon Switch Bundle and they said no it’s only online but they did say I can preorder Smash Switch Bundle but better hurry because they are allowed only 5. Going to couple more and see if it’s the same.

I preordered the smash bundle in store today. The associate didn't know anything about allocated amounts, just said it's letting her take the preorder. Weird how they're doing this.

Hey off topic but fuck it the threads busy and they shut down the amazon thread: did Amazon shut down what it was doing like a year ago offering QVC style no interest six installment payments on things? Like apparently they still do it for Kindles and phones, but a year or so ago when I was looking to upgrade my NEX5 to a Sony 6300 I found out they offered an installment plan. I’m looking to get an HDR TV to compliment my Xbox X... but no TVs I’m looking at seem to offer the plan and there doesn’t seem to be a search filter for it (except in the unlocked cell phones section).

Went to a GameStop and asked about Pokémon Switch Bundle and they said no it’s only online but they did say I can preorder Smash Switch Bundle but better hurry because they are allowed only 5. Going to couple more and see if it’s the same.
I think a lot of stores only got 5.

I traded in some PS2 games and 2 move controllers, which are getting $20+ on trade value for some reason. Picked up new/sealed $25 Fallout 4 GOTY and Diablo Eternal which seemed like great prices.

XB1 VCR is as unreliable as OG PS1 & PS2, & if the power brick ever goes bad you’re screwed as MS discontinued making them just like they did with the S/X Kinect adapter (and the 3rd party ones out there are varying degrees of crap.)
Can't that be the same for the s model when the power supply is dead?

Has anyone ever gotten a DS game that came with anything but just the cartridge? I don’t think that ever happens unfortunately.
I actually just got a CIB DS game today and I also saw a CIB HeartGold. Seems like some GS are starting to have some complete DS games which is definitely a step in the right direction.

If anybody cares, as mentioned a couple pages back PS2 trades are live. Also asked about a Prestige Day event. Guy behind counter said there is one coming next week but they didn't know what the deals would be. 

Neat trick I figured out today last minute

Sorry I couldn’t share because I did it at closing

The elite pro 10% collectibles STACKED with the pro day 40% off, making it 50% off all collectibles....including the bag lol

It also discounted every item in the transaction

Was able to stack a 20% bday coupon today on top of 10% extra off used for elite Pro. Walked away with a Yakuza Kiwami 2 complete with steelbook for about $25 after taxes!

Xenoverse 2 seems to be really the only 1:1 trade between GS and BB. Siege is almost, but not quite.
By my calc it loses about a dollar per ($28 x .8) x .9 ) = $20.16
$17.52 TIV x 1.1 GCU = $19.26

Thanks for posting it though.

Is that link that shows B.B. trades descending working again?

Finally starting to see the PS2 game trade vales in the app. Been looking to thin out the collection lately and it gives me the opportunity to help pay for my pre-orders too.

Crap didn’t know that plantronics thing that lets you play podcasts through your Xbox controller headset with a volume mixer was part of this .

It’s not even 9:00 and everything went back to full price online.

Neat trick I figured out today last minute

Sorry I couldn’t share because I did it at closing

The elite pro 10% collectibles STACKED with the pro day 40% off, making it 50% off all collectibles....including the bag lol

It also discounted every item in the transaction
Damn, I didn't even try to use my coupon during my first (and likely only) time buying collectables. Dropped like $200 too.

By my calc it loses about a dollar per ($28 x .8) x .9 ) = $20.16
$17.52 TIV x 1.1 GCU = $19.26

Thanks for posting it though.

Is that link that shows B.B. trades descending working again?
Yeah sorry for the false info, forgot BB only does 10% bonus and not 20%. I traded in both for $41 and some change.

Also I just manually checked the semi cheap games from the pro day sale. I forgot about that link, but trying it doesn’t seem to work (on safari at least)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=2840066196174704638&id=pcat17097&searchCatId=pcat17097&type=page&st=*&cp=1&nrp=100&sp=buyprice:desc&sc=gameToySP&newsearch=newsearch&platform=&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-4uwwTWktVv8czMAgEMSFuQ

Does gamestop actually honor saved trade estimates from the app? I tried the other day and they didn't want to honor it because their system was showing a lower value.

The Ps4 $200 trade in from a couple days ago is still showing in my active saved offers. It just says "expires today" but never does.

No, never. Those estimates are really for your reference only, like if your phone doesn't have Internet access. The trade values you saved are only good for that day.

No, never. Those estimates are really for your reference only, like if your phone doesn't have Internet access. The trade values you saved are only good for that day.
That figures. This line is what had me wondering if there was actually any hope " Show this summary and product you are trading to a game advisor." Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back