2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
As horrendous as I think this is I may have to get one. I want a new switch and can sell the voucher code and the box to someone on ebay to offset the cost a little more.
The PS4 Bomber Outfit from the Dualshock 4 bundle is selling for absurd amounts on ebay - some of the sold auctions are well over the cost of the Dualshock 4 bundle. People will buy anything related to that game!

You weren't kidding - the auction ending soonest in 6 hours is already up to $100 for the skin. This Fortnite market has to crash sometime soon, right? Or is this the new TF2 hats / EVE Online ships thing (which I don't really know much about anyway)?

Don't know if this has been posted before but this vita game plus a few others were converted from new to used recently

https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly/159808

We noticed when the copy we purchased had the bonus cards still sealed in it. Gamestop guy mentioned it was probably converted. So be sure to check some random collectors editions of vita games if you see them.
thanks picked this up, had the cards inside sealed as well. used a coupon and got it for $11...also had some old preorders i never picked up and the cashier just put it all on smash for me so thats that.

The PS4 Bomber Outfit from the Dualshock 4 bundle is selling for absurd amounts on ebay - some of the sold auctions are well over the cost of the Dualshock 4 bundle. People will buy anything related to that game!
Wtf? That controller bundle is in stock at all mu local Gamestops for $60...why would someone pay more for just the code...

Got $18 in credit from some ps2 games with surprisingly high values. Almost bought something with it but remember tomorrow is the new ad.

Hoping for a sale on slime rancher, fire pro or mon hun generations ult but not counting on it

Yes I was ready to buy one but even though it says FREE SHIPPING** on the product page there seems to be no way around a $7.99 "handling" charge even with elite pro.  Lost a sale, GS

Yes I was ready to buy one but even though it says FREE SHIPPING** on the product page there seems to be no way around a $7.99 "handling" charge even with elite pro. Lost a sale, GS
Happen to me with spiderman pro even though I'm Elite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes I was ready to buy one but even though it says FREE SHIPPING** on the product page there seems to be no way around a $7.99 "handling" charge even with elite pro. Lost a sale, GS
Did you re-login? The website sucks. Every time you need to purchase something, add items to your cart, click checkout, then click on your name in the upper right (which would normally signify you are logged in,) odds are it will want you to log in again. Do that. Then go back to check out and finish the transaction. You should see it reflects your elite status now.

Not everyone has prestige stores in their area.
^^^ This right here. If there is prestige store it could be an hour or more from where folks live. Thankfully I have two prestige stores close to home. I'll likely wait until Saturday before trading in the PS2 games I have along with a wired third-party XB1 controller.

Anyone know how easy it is to trade in cell phones and tablets to Gamestop?

Mainly want to know if I can factory reset the things and don't have to sign into any accounts.

FYI, they're not stolen.

Anyone know how easy it is to trade in cell phones and tablets to Gamestop?
Mainly want to know if I can factory reset the things and don't have to sign into any accounts.

FYI, they're not stolen.
Factory reset and remove SIM card and you should be good. Just make sure they can go to the settings to get some information so it must be able to get to the main screen but doesn't have to have an account attached to it.

Maybe these are selling to international buyers?
I doubt many people will see any money from these auctions. In my experience, selling codes on eBay is basically paying people to take them. There is no protection as far as I know for virtual items. Got burned years ago with a XBL code. I'm sure it's still an auto-win for the buyer if they dispute. If it doesn't make sense/sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone know the day of the week and time of day that the trade values change now? I feel like it's either Tues or Wed but I can't remember which, nor whether they change overnight or in the morning.

I have lots of common PS2 games I need to dump before values tank when everyone realizes they give more than a dollar for GTA games, Kingdom Hearts, SSX's, etc.

I doubt many people will see any money from these auctions. In my experience, selling codes on eBay is basically paying people to take them. There is no protection as far as I know for virtual items. Got burned years ago with a XBL code. I'm sure it's still an auto-win for the buyer if they dispute. If it doesn't make sense/sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Best bet is to supply the code via message and then mail them a paper with the code printed on it with tracking. Eats into your profit but some is better than none. I got hit with a chargeback once and I'm only doing it this way from then on.

Factory reset and remove SIM card and you should be good. Just make sure they can go to the settings to get some information so it must be able to get to the main screen but doesn't have to have an account attached to it.
Thanks for the info.

I'm cleaning out and closing two storage units for a family member all the way across the country before the storage fee's are due so I don't have the time or patience to play phone tag with them trying to remember usernames and passwords for several devices nor do I want to deal with Craigslist weirdos.

I know trading games and consoles with Gamestop is relatively fast and easy but wasn't sure about other devices.

Best bet is to supply the code via message and then mail them a paper with the code printed on it with tracking. Eats into your profit but some is better than none. I got hit with a chargeback once and I'm only doing it this way from then on.
I've thought of this but still don't know if it would hold water with eBay. I'd be curious to hear of any results of disputes where the buyer mailed the code to see how it turned out.

You're right to be wary - that wouldn't cover your ass in a dispute. The official way to do is to set up a classified ad and work it out yourselves according to eBay's policies. Everyone just does the above anyway and bank on the fact that most people are honest.

The local Gamestop finally opened so I traded in my Xbox One S that I paid $168 for towards a Switch which gave me $225 off it. Gamestop isn't so bad after all. Probably will get more of my business once my GCU expires at Best Buy.

Yeah I figured it would be dangerous. Selling say a $20 code for $20 might net you a legit buyer more often than not, but paying over $100 for a code in this type of circumstance has scam written all over it.

I got fucked for emailing the code+sending the paper as well. Buyer claimed the code got his account banned somehow (It was a code from Dissidia NT for the Final Fantasy Mobile game). When I sent him/ebay a copy of the TOS and a few other things stating how his claim would be impossible and solely a problem on his end, they instantly sided with him and forcibly took the funds from my account. They didn't even care that he confirmed/thanked me for getting the code, left me positive feedback, and the fact it magically happened like 3-4 weeks later before the claim period was over.

I'm definitely never trying it again. I'd rather deal with here and other forums I frequent. I always get super nervous when any of my items sell to 0 feedback or new accounts, and try to cancel the bids especially if its an item over 15-20$

I got fucked for emailing the code+sending the paper as well. Buyer claimed the code got his account banned somehow (It was a code from Dissidia NT for the Final Fantasy Mobile game). When I sent him/ebay a copy of the TOS and a few other things stating how his claim would be impossible and solely a problem on his end, they instantly sided with him and forcibly took the funds from my account. They didn't even care that he confirmed/thanked me for getting the code, left me positive feedback, and the fact it magically happened like 3-4 weeks later before the claim period was over.

I'm definitely never trying it again. I'd rather deal with here and other forums I frequent.
Sucks to hear it happening, but why not everyone just sell it here on cag

Sucks to hear it happening, but why not everyone just sell it here on cag
I do usually. In that situation though it was a code for a game that a lot of members brought here anyway. So at most it was selling for $5-$10, while for some reason the few auctions on Ebay were going for $25+ (As did mine)

Just saw the new ad for tomorrow and the crew 2 and far cry 5 are going to be $34.99 new each and the preowned copies will be 20% off for elite as well. Not bad a price.

Yeah it's tempting to want to dip into that with the amount of those controller bundles around here but I'm way too wary of selling something like that on Ebay.

You're right to be wary - that wouldn't cover your ass in a dispute. The official way to do is to set up a classified ad and work it out yourselves according to eBay's policies. Everyone just does the above anyway and bank on the fact that most people are honest.
Usually — USUALLY— if you are a seller in good standing and mail with tracking eBay will believe that you actually sent it, although the problem you have with codes is that eBay would generally allow the buyer to return the shipped item for a refund, which obviously doesn’t do you any good with a code that’s now been used.

Good thing I did trade in my PS2 games yesterday, every game I traded dropped in value from $20 base to $11.

Bully  $5 - $3

GTA San Andreas $2 - $1

Twisted Metal Black $2 - $1.50

Resident Evil 4 $2 - $1

Final Fantasy X  $4 - $2

Final Fantasy XII $3 - $1.50

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $2 - $1

Good thing I did trade in my PS2 games yesterday, every game I traded dropped in value from $20 base to $11.

Bully $5 - $3
GTA San Andreas $2 - $1
Twisted Metal Black $2 - $1.50
Resident Evil 4 $2 - $1
Final Fantasy X $4 - $2
Final Fantasy XII $3 - $1.50
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $2 - $1
Had a feeling something like this would happen. My local retro game store has most ps2 titles at 3.99 and a couple locals are clearing them out and trading to GS for sometimes double the value. Not sure when the retro store is going to figure this out.

I also asked when I was trading in my PS2 games what they do with them. They just send them off and as of recently GS had no plans to start selling in stores. Online sales only.

First time I actually might take advantage of Prestige Day as I got a couple around now. Also was wondering do trade bumps usually happen during these or probably not. I’m trying to decide on whether I should wait for a trade bump to trade some games in or do it on Prestige Day and didn’t know if sometimes they happen at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back