2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had luck with them shipping an item from a store. I mean the manager asked that I just get him a bottled Coke in exchange (shipped it from a store about an hour away) but I'm also friendly with everyone there so might be worth a shot?
It's probably going to be easier for me to get my mom or my stepdad to purchase the item at a store that's 90 miles away and then give them a few bucks for their trouble. I just wondered if it was something that GS did or not. I can often find clearance items on the website, but they don't have them anywhere near me while there are 1-3 of them at a store in Bubblefuck, Ohio or somewhere like that.

i did this last week for pro day. only got $160. it says 3ds OR vita...

The promo that Gamestop posted on Twitter shows a regular 3DS XL on the counter, I think both systems would net you $100.

I have a Vita and 3DS XL that I picked up really cheap recently and would love to get $200 credit for them, but I don't really want to jump through hoops to return the Switch after.

is this game any good? better yet is it finished? heard the xbox one version was a mess
It looks horribly bad. They definitely went after that Five Nights at Freddy's audience though and failed it seems. Pretty much all the Hello Neighbor merch is clearance at my local Target.

Just got an alert for Samsung Pay 6% cashback at GameStop that expires on 9/23. Seems to be multiple use with no total limit (limit of $500 cashback per transaction). So, time to make a bunch of preorders?

Edit: NVM, thought it worked in store but seems to be online transactions only. But 6% beats the usual 5% I get from upromise.

No Prestige day ads out yet?
PrestigeDay922.jpg

Would the 3ds for $100 trade in work for a preorder new switch ? Like the Fortnite one?
Usually not, but I've had people usually allow you to trade for a switch, then returning it to rebuy the fortnite one when it comes out. Of course you need to ask the people working if they'll allow it

is this game any good? better yet is it finished? heard the xbox one version was a mess
I hate the game. My 6 year old and her cousin love it. The game still doesn't feel finished. A lot of bugs still need to be worked out, but seems to be fun for a child. $10 for digital lets me trade in physical and recoup some of my wasted trade credit.

Anyone buy a new Xbox One recently with an advertised 1 month of game pass? Just curious if there's supposed to be a code included in the box since mine didn't have one.

Anyone buy a new Xbox One recently with an advertised 1 month of game pass? Just curious if there's supposed to be a code included in the box since mine didn't have one.
Check your receipt

But u should have a gamepass trial depends i think the s comes with 14 day and the x comes with a month

Besides the BOGO, pretty meh

I have a giant stack of games waiting to be traded in so I'm just hoping for a good trade promo to come up. I don't even care if it's the 20/40/60% promo

I'm a little annoyed that shirts are b1g1 as I just picked up a few the other day. They usually don't let you return rebuy in my area but I guess I'll try to get them to anyway

I traded in Pokemon Fire Red and Super Mario Sunshine that I got from GS to amazon. I'm glad that they were accepted because I took a big risk. I checked the fire red to make sure that it was real and I'm glad that they agreed with me. Their graders have been known to screw people over.

Arcade 1up isn’t even out until after $300 promo for OG Xbox ends so should be easier to “change your mind” cancel pre order and keep credit.

Arcade 1up isn’t even out until after $300 promo for OG Xbox ends so should be easier to “change your mind” cancel pre order and keep credit.
Is that promo for real? Seems unreal that they are giving $300 for OG Xbox Ones. I didn't plan on selling my white Xbox One right now, but for $300 I may just have to reconsider that since I want to buy an X eventually anyway.

Is that promo for real? Seems unreal that they are giving $300 for OG Xbox Ones. I didn't plan on selling my white Xbox One right now, but for $300 I may just have to reconsider that since I want to buy an X eventually anyway.
No idea. But it's listed on their mobile browser trade-in page.

I didn't think I wanted one until this deal came along; and, now I'll probably preorder one, but i might change my mind before release ;)

I didn't think I wanted one until this deal came along; and, now I'll probably preorder one, but i might change my mind before release ;)
I wanted one, but was going to wait for some different ones, but this deal seems too good to pass up. I am trying to just buy a Used Xbox One on Offer Up for under $100 and just trade that in and keep mine, but if I can't get one for cheap I will just sell mine since I plan on eventually getting a One X anyway. Luckily Microsoft makes my decision easier by having one exclusive game this year that I really care to play with Forza Horizon 4, but I can wait to play that too.

It says Xbox one X or ps4 pro

But it's not listed in the app, by far the most accurate when it comes to promotiona and trade values. That's a bit worrisome. The website, Twitter, and even printed ads haven't been as reliable as the app. It easily could be a mistake, and there's a high chance it is.

But it's not listed in the app, by far the most accurate when it comes to promotiona and trade values. That's a bit worrisome. The website, Twitter, and even printed ads haven't been as reliable as the app. It easily could be a mistake, and there's a high chance it is.
None of the Arcade 1Up trade offers are listed in the app. I'm going to try and trade an Xbox One in today, probably call ahead before I go through the trouble of bringing it in. Can't pass up the Arcade 1Up for an even swap of an Xbox One OG though. Debating on what cabinet I would want to get between the Rampage and Centipede ones. Street Fighter would be cool too, but I have those games on so many different systems that I don't need yet another way to play them.

If you go further down the page on the desktop site it includes Xbox one s, PS4, Switch, and Xbox one

D5XtmAc.png
Ha! I wonder why it takes them so long to correct these errors. I bet it is supposed to say $200 or $225. I feel sorry for the prestige GS staff tomorrow that have to deflect the dudes buying 3 Switches with B2G1 and then immediately trying to trade them in for this "promo."

No stealth bump damn
Technically the last weekend of the month is next weekend, plus they've shown a newfound apprehension for running a promo like Prestige Day and Most Wanted Trades on the same weekend. I'm hoping we get something next weekend.

I wish they would do some sort of PS3 for a PS4 promo. I've got my 500 GB super slim collecting dust, but I'm not letting it go at ~$48.

Ha! I wonder why it takes them so long to correct these errors. I bet it is supposed to say $200 or $225. I feel sorry for the prestige GS staff tomorrow that have to deflect the dudes buying 3 Switches with B2G1 and then immediately trying to trade them in for this "promo."
Damn, I bet the OG Xbox One is less than the $150. I am still going to call on my way home from work and try and confirm. Definitely won't pass it up for $300, but anything less is a pass.

Technically the last weekend of the month is next weekend, plus they've shown a newfound apprehension for running a promo like Prestige Day and Most Wanted Trades on the same weekend. I'm hoping we get something next weekend.

I wish they would do some sort of PS3 for a PS4 promo. I've got my 500 GB super slim collecting dust, but I'm not letting it go at ~$48.
Last gen trade values are a joke. Better off selling on varageSale or something similar. Just toss in some cheap games.

Damn, I bet the OG Xbox One is less than the $150. I am still going to call on my way home from work and try and confirm. Definitely won't pass it up for $300, but anything less is a pass.

That will be me tomorrow, however I'll only trade in one of the switches. Order a SF cabinet for the man cave.

You can get OG xbone's for like $50-$100 on OfferUp fyi, find someone who will meet you asap and you can probably get the arcade deal way cheap

Somebody replied to Wario64 tweet that they called 2 GS stores and they said they would not honor $300 for og Xbox. There go my prestige day dreams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back