2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
glad i'm not the only one that saw that $300 for an original XBOX One and thought it was a mistake. please post if it works. I will run to the pawn shop and buy one right now.

where do yall live to get 80-100 xbox on offerup lol

i live in houston and people sell used up items for full blown retail lol...pawn shops as well probably 220 for a s and 200 for a regular xbox one even tho they got 200 of them 

You can get OG xbone's for like $50-$100 on OfferUp fyi, find someone who will meet you asap and you can probably get the arcade deal way cheap
Just offered a dude $80 for one today, but it seems like the $300 towards Arcade 1Up cabinets is a no-go for OG Xbox Ones. :(

where do yall live to get 80-100 xbox on offerup lol

i live in houston and people sell used up items for full blown retail lol...pawn shops as well probably 220 for a s and 200 for a regular xbox one even tho they got 200 of them
I am in Indiana and I see plenty of people try and sell systems for way more than they are worth and for some reason around me there are a lot of overpriced Wii U systems right now. I typically still make these people an offer, typically much lower than the asking price. Many times they will first say no, but knowing how absurd the amount they want is I know it'll be very unlikely that they get an offer close to what they are asking and they end up getting back to me a week or two later to ask if I am still interested. I got a great deal on New 3DS lot with about 13 games a few weeks ago for $60.

where do yall live to get 80-100 xbox on offerup lol

i live in houston and people sell used up items for full blown retail lol...pawn shops as well probably 220 for a s and 200 for a regular xbox one even tho they got 200 of them
I live in SWFl, there's currently one listed for $85 but its about an hour drive into the everglades. There's a nice white one with 3 games for $120 I'd probably snag for this if the deal works.

Good rule of thumb is to not call beforehand. If the POS works, it works.
Yeah that's what I would follow, play coy and just go for it at the POS and see if it flies under the radar, calling just alerts them to the fact there was probably something wrong

Yeah that's what I would follow, play coy and just go for it at the POS and see if it flies under the radar, calling just alerts them to the fact there was probably something wrong
I dunno in this case. The OG Xbox Ones don't even sell for close to $300 used in the store. I'd love to get $300 for mine, but I'd be pissed if I went through the trouble of unhooking it and bringing it into the store only to find out it's worth $150 towards an Arcade 1Up.

I dunno in this case. The OG Xbox Ones don't even sell for close to $300 used in the store. I'd love to get $300 for mine, but I'd be pissed if I went through the trouble of unhooking it and bringing it into the store only to find out it's worth $150 towards an Arcade 1Up.
Looks like the website is updated to receiving $175 for the OG Xbox one, $250 for xbox one s or switch on the arcade 1up trade in

Another deal going on that I haven't seen mentioned: 3x points on digital currency purchases. I bought a $10 PSN card yesterday and got 900 points with elite. Not an amazing deal but still good.

Edit: as far as I can tell it's in-store only, and it had specific dates. I think end date was sometime in October but I don't remember.

Why would you want an arcade cabinet? Isn’t that extremely niche? Feel like you guys are talking about it like most people are interested in that.

Why would you want an arcade cabinet? Isn’t that extremely niche? Feel like you guys are talking about it like most people are interested in that.
I think it mainly has to do more with the trade credit then the cabinet itself. Anyways would have totally been over that as I regret not trading in my Switch for $300 last time but looks like they corrected it to $250.

Looks like the website is updated to receiving $175 for the OG Xbox one, $250 for xbox one s or switch on the arcade 1up trade in
Damn, $175 is still damn good for an Xbox One, but I don't want to pay any additional money for the cabinets Arcade 1Up has coming out this year.

I've always wanted one personally and these are much cheaper and easier to own than the real deal. I am into any of the games on the first set of these enough to spend actual money on one though. I have a Game Room, but I only have enough space for one of these things. The only reason anyone here was interested in these right now though was because trading an OG Xbox One for an Arcade 1Up is one hell of a deal.

I am waiting to see what the next batch of cabinets are and I really am interested in the rumored cocktail tables they are doing.

yeah even at $175 trade in you could still be able to get some original xbox one's cheap on offerup if you move quickly and get a good discount on the arcade cabinet

These things have been marketed big time. They made a big deal about pre-orders, and they are going to be selling them everywhere. I'm not saying they are any good, but they are going to be a hot item here for a little while. The threa don slickdeals when they were announced was like 100 pages.

And once again Wario64 ruins another deal by pulling the trigger early. Should have waited to see if the POS allowed it before going mainstream with the info.

So who is good with gamestop math and hypotheticals?

Mission: Buy switch tommmorow

Trade wiiU $100 bump, ads show 25% bonus(on any system), prestige bonus 10% on top of any offer

any thoughts welcome

Trade wiiU $100 bump, ads show 25% bonus(on any system), prestige bonus 10% on top of any offer

any thoughts welcome
Can't remember if it's different on prestige day but % boosts like that almost never work on hardware. Other than specifically posted like the 25% of course. Could be nice if it stacks though.

any thoughts welcome
I believe the register will negate the 25% hardware bonus promo if you attempt to do the Switch promo bump. I also do not recall if systems would receive the 10% prestige trade boost in the past.

10% prestige does not work on consoles and the 25% will be an either/or with the bump towards the switch, so the POS will give you the better of the two deals which would be the trade bump towards the switch.

Anybody ever have issues with employees not wanting to scan more than 1 reward cert? I know the register will accept the $50, $25, etc. all in one transaction (no duplicate denominations), but I was told they’d only take one per transaction. I don’t want to redeem 105k pts and be shot down when I try to redeem them... especially if I can’t just go to another store and use them (say in the event I want to get a LE console and they only have it in stock at that one store).

Hi. If u preorder the arcade 1 up, do u have to out down the whole $300 for the trade in to kick on? Can u cancel and get the amount back? Wish they had final fight listed

Just offered a dude $80 for one today, but it seems like the $300 towards Arcade 1Up cabinets is a no-go for OG Xbox Ones. :(

I am in Indiana and I see plenty of people try and sell systems for way more than they are worth and for some reason around me there are a lot of overpriced Wii U systems right now. I typically still make these people an offer, typically much lower than the asking price. Many times they will first say no, but knowing how absurd the amount they want is I know it'll be very unlikely that they get an offer close to what they are asking and they end up getting back to me a week or two later to ask if I am still interested. I got a great deal on New 3DS lot with about 13 games a few weeks ago for $60.
Indiana as well, I'm not sure if it's the meth or what but yeah people around here are delusional. I gave up on the second hand market, one guy had an OG X1 for $1500. It was filthy, covered in dirt\dust and the vents were clogged. Somebody has the new anniversary PS4 for $20,000 because "limited"

Indiana as well, I'm not sure if it's the meth or what but yeah people around here are delusional. I gave up on the second hand market, one guy had an OG X1 for $1500. It was filthy, covered in dirt\dust and the vents were clogged. Somebody has the new anniversary PS4 for $20,000 because "limited"
actually probably the worst thing i have seen on the 2nd hand market here is that most people think there copy of madden 11 or fifa 10 are worth 10 to 15.

You should be able to use up to 3 in one transaction. It says right on them that the limit is 3 per member, per day, and even gives an example of how you can use 2 different denominations in the same transaction, so only being able to use 1 is BS.
The register still allows more than 3 though correct? I haven't tried in awhile but I've done 4 or 5 before when the employee didn't care.

Fyi,

if you have a prestige store today,   Far Cry 5 or Sword of Art Online : Fatal Bullet are good credit movers to BB with the b2g1.

crap, we lost our closest prestige store. now the closest one is on the other coast of FL, 85 miles away. What a stupid gimmick this is to make some stores better than others, on purpose.

Ah nuts, my closest Gamestop lost its prestige status.  Oh well,  I would have liked another chance at 3 for $25 on $14.99 and under games. 

I guess I'll just keep scraping at the bottom of the barrel for those 4 for $10 on $4.99 games I don't already have. 

I was fortunate enough to have a GameStop that let me do a return/rebuy to get the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

I got Arms, Hyrule Warriors, and Pokken for about $32.50 a piece. Pretty happy about that, especially since I’ve yet to see a deal for any of these games.

If your local store was closed last Saturday, or really any in the district you live in, for pro day it may be worth calling to see if they’re doing any special promotional sales today to make up for it. They very well may have a prestigious but if info for you

Finally went to my first Prestige day and of course the store was picked clean of Switch games but I might wait until next weekend anyways and use my own B2G1 just in case there is a trade bump.

Picked up 3 Switch consoles, 2 Neon & one blk. Also got Arms, Zelda and Mario Odyssey. Not the 3 I really wanted but good nevertheless.

Fyi,

if you have a prestige store today, Far Cry 5 or Sword of Art Online : Fatal Bullet are good credit movers to BB with the b2g1.
Seen this post, picked up two FC5 & SAO. FC5 on xbox is 3 bucks more at GS, I got one on each system. I don't remember if BB has a one copy per system rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back