2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got denied for a B2G1 return/rebuy at a prestige store. The guy claimed they can only do it from games bought at their store, even though I did it there last prestige day. lol. And he was quite rude about it. Anyway I guess it’s YMMV.

Just so I don’t get left out like last time: if there are any website breaking B2G1 glitches, if you could let me know, that would be great.

Just got denied for a B2G1 return/rebuy at a prestige store. The guy claimed they can only do it from games bought at their store, even though I did it there last prestige day. lol. And he was quite rude about it. Anyway I guess it’s YMMV.
Depend on the employee really

Fyi,

if you have a prestige store today, Far Cry 5 or Sword of Art Online : Fatal Bullet are good credit movers to BB with the b2g1.
Thanks for the info. Transferred some credit and bought some clearance junk. Lots of far cry 5s around

Traded in Spider-man for $37.50 with Elite Pro. Considering I used their $5 preorder bonus to my advantage, I ended up earning over $10 on the trade in vs my actual cost. Humble brag, but just wanted to throw out the deal in case anyone else blew through the game like me.

For those looking to trade in their XB1S, are you considering keeping it for the 4k Blu Ray player or is that not a factor?  I didn't see a 4k player for less than $200, so I was thinking of just keeping my XB1S (even though I would trade it otherwise). 

For those looking to trade in their XB1S, are you considering keeping it for the 4k Blu Ray player or is that not a factor? I didn't see a 4k player for less than $200, so I was thinking of just keeping my XB1S (even though I would trade it otherwise).
I got this one after I traded my xb1 s. Got it for $60 a couple months ago and works fine. I imagine black Friday will have some cheap ones.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/magnavox-mbp6700p-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-black/5901505.p?skuId=5901505

Traded in Spider-man for $37.50 with Elite Pro. Considering I used their $5 preorder bonus to my advantage, I ended up earning over $10 on the trade in vs my actual cost. Humble brag, but just wanted to throw out the deal in case anyone else blew through the game like me.
How’d you get $37.50? Isn’t it $25 base?

Are all these triple switch buys just for future trade fodder or what? Got a store like an hour away I could try that at but I've never been there and I'm afraid the employees might be dicks about it haha

Anybody know if the extra 10% on any offer for trading in any game stack on the 25% extra for any system?
ad says 10% is for games, not system - if I am understanding your question correctly.

If you trade in a system and games, they wouldn't cancel out one or the other (separate bonuses would apply)

Sometimes life works out. Nearest prestige store is less than 2 miles from my house, with no others under 60 miles. And they let me do a re-ring for Mario Tennis Aces, Spider-Man, and Divinity II to get the B2G1F.

Just curious what everyone thinks about this.  I think I've seen previous deals for new systems and trading in old systems.  I think you can trade in multiple consoles for a single NEW system, as long as each trade-in system is UNIQUE.

For today, we can buy a new switch and get the following trade in values:

[ignoring XB1X/Pro/Switch]

XB1s, PS4-OG, PS4slim = 225

XB1OG=150

With today's B2G1 prestige sale, you can buy XB1s(0), PSslim(270), PSOG(260) for $530.

Since they are different sku#, couldn't you trade them in for a single Switch@$225*3=$675?

Buy 3 used consoles for 530 (B2G1 at a Prestige GS)

Trade in 3 used consoles (at 3*225 at ANY GS)

Buy 1 new Switch at $300 & get have $375 leftover trade credit.

***you paid $155 net for a new Switch***

Think that will work?  The only hitch is maybe you can't trade in a PS4og & Slim on the same transaction.

Good timing for me today. Came across a pre-owned NBA 2k19 anniversary edition with an unused code. It was priced at the regular used edition. It even had the bracelet, poster and stickers included. Also picked up xenoblade 2 and Skyrim for switch.

Had some success using a september birthday 20% coupon along with the prestige b2g1.  Best used to bring down the highest priced game near the price of the other two games being purchased,

I really hope there’s a decent game trade promo soon. Blew all of my credit today and ended up with 27 switch games. All top tier, most of them complete with great condition cases, had to get a few multiples. This wasn’t too hard to do since every store in my region had b2g1 today.

I'm trying to grab a Wii U from the $120 deal online but it refuses to give me free shipping despite the fact the product page says it should ship free :whistle2:/

Good timing for me today. Came across a pre-owned NBA 2k19 anniversary edition with an unused code. It was priced at the regular used edition. It even had the bracelet, poster and stickers included. Also picked up xenoblade 2 and Skyrim for switch.
Damn that’s pretty lucky, I was happy just finding the vanilla version today.

Anyone know how u can tell if a used Nintendo switch is banned?
Any recommendations to test it to make sure everything works? Plan on giving one as a gift.

Also, any recommendations on screen protectors vs glass? Which is better? I see so many cases...

Any recommendations to test it to make sure everything works? Plan on giving one as a gift.

Also, any recommendations on screen protectors vs glass? Which is better? I see so many cases...
Absolutely this product on amazon. Sorry can't link it as I just created an account the other day. "amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch"

I have the nyko glass protector and it’s done it’s job just fine.

I'm trading in Spiderman since I finished it. What trade in deals are stacking? I know from the forum that there is a preorder bonus going on that gives you extra $5. Is that towards any preorders? I don't want to be stuck with a preorder at this store if I have to pay it in full. Did that stack with the extra 10% from today? It doesn't mention it on the site about it having to be a prestige store. I would have trade it in earlier today but I just finished the game.

Is that $5 bonus unadvertised?

I really wish I had more money so I could have hopped on both Psychadelica games on Vita since they were converted to preowned recently. Fingers crossed for a new B2G1 soon

Too late now but Best Buy is giving the old GCU 10% bonus trade credit to everyone for some monthlong mid Sept to mid Oct promo.

To answer the question about the $5 extra credit, that was from a promo that expired on the 16th. You got an extra $5 to use towards any new pre-order(s) when trading PS4/XB1/NSW games worth $2 or more.

It looks like their system screwed up on one of my pre-orders. I noticed the number of active pre-orders changed in the app. So I signed into my account on desktop and it shows Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition (Digital) as being "released" and "not picked up." The problem is that the actual release date is Sept 28th.

Hopefully it will be corrected before then because I don't want to have to call or email customer service about it.

Edit: Corrected some typos.

To answer the question about the $5 extra credit, that was from a promo that expired on the 16th. You got an extra $5 to use towards any new pre-order(s) when trading PS4/XB1/NSW games worth $2 or more.

It looks like their system screwed up on one of my pre-orders. I noticed the number of active pre-orders changed in the app. So I signed into my account on desktop and it shows Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition (Digital) as being "released" and "not picked up." The problem is that the actual release date is Sept 28th.

Hopefully it will be corrected before then because I don't want to have to call or email customer service about it.

Edit: Corrected some typos.
I have the same issue with Forza ultimate, it dissapeared from my preorders, I will just stop by on Monday at the store where I preordered and check whats going on, hopefuly it means we can actually pick up the code right there as they did with Spiderman a couple days early.

My sis bought me Spider-Man on disc but I’ll be returning it for cash or gift card and I’ll get the digital version from their site or PlayStation gift card. Anyone know if digital games get taxed from GameStop? Thanks.

Lmao I wonder who actually paid $100 or $85 for it and traded it back in with all the content. Could’ve been stolen

My sis bought me Spider-Man on disc but I’ll be returning it for cash or gift card and I’ll get the digital version from their site or PlayStation gift card. Anyone know if digital games get taxed from GameStop? Thanks.
Just use the credit to buy a psn card. I believe they also get 3x points right now as well.

Lmao I wonder who actually paid $100 or $85 for it and traded it back in with all the content. Could’ve been stolen
They mentioned that a lady returned it after she found out she needed the XBox version. Something about a company buying her the wrong version. Didn't make sense to me but I couldn't pass it up.

Yeah I did the same and then used my 20% B'Day coupon to get the new Tomb Raider and $2.31 in credit.

Wanted it on Xbox One but they only had it on PS4 (used). They did give me the steel book and it looks brand new. The Prestige store near my parents showed they had it on XBox One. But before I went out yesterday it showed they didn't have it. Of coarse when I was actually down at my parents (after I did the trade/purchase at a prestige store near me) it was back in stock. Oh well pretty good day for me.

Got an override for my PS2 games, so I ended up with 30% trade in on those which came out to almost 100 bucks. Did some flipping for points and called it a day.
So i brought in 5 PS2 games that showed up on the app, but the cashier was only able to find 2 of them in the system. He even showed me the screen, to prove they didn't show up at all. Kinda sucked - with the Prestige bonus, one of the games would have been about $10 (along with nearly $5 each for other games). Oh well - maybe they'll show up later?

Anyone had any luck, bad or otherwise, trying to trade in PS2 titles?

So i brought in 5 PS2 games that showed up on the app, but the cashier was only able to find 2 of them in the system. He even showed me the screen, to prove they didn't show up at all. Kinda sucked - with the Prestige bonus, one of the games would have been about $10 (along with nearly $5 each for other games). Oh well - maybe they'll show up later?

Anyone had any luck, bad or otherwise, trying to trade in PS2 titles?
I was told the same thing on about half of my PS2 games I was trading in. I showed him how they come up in the app and he suddenly was able to find all of them in the system.

My rewards points for the 500 mil headset bundle finally posted after having someone on twitter look into it. Problem is, I only received 6000 points. I was Elite Pro when I purchased it, but a week after the purchase it ran out, so when they looked into my account 2 weeks later to see the purchase I wasn't Elite Pro anymore. I only received the base 6000 points. Should it not have been 2x points for Elite Pro console purchases? 

Too late now but Best Buy is giving the old GCU 10% bonus trade credit to everyone for some monthlong mid Sept to mid Oct promo.
Hmm it doesn't seem to stack if you already have GCU. Looking over my trade i did yesterday it shows two 10% trade bonus values but they all add up to what it would be with just the 10%.

I have the same issue with Forza ultimate, it dissapeared from my preorders, I will just stop by on Monday at the store where I preordered and check whats going on, hopefuly it means we can actually pick up the code right there as they did with Spiderman a couple days early.
I'll ask about it today at my home store when I go to trade in some PS2 games. Something else that's odd about it is they normally send an email when pre-ordered game(s) are ready for pickup. I checked mine last night and nothing had been sent. Hopefully we will get it a few days earlier than expected.

My rewards points for the 500 mil headset bundle finally posted after having someone on twitter look into it. Problem is, I only received 6000 points. I was Elite Pro when I purchased it, but a week after the purchase it ran out, so when they looked into my account 2 weeks later to see the purchase I wasn't Elite Pro anymore. I only received the base 6000 points. Should it not have been 2x points for Elite Pro console purchases?
I called them up about 2 weeks ago and they manually credited the points. It was about 19k points, so it should've been 3x the base

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back