2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone try getting an extra $5 for a Switch game yet? Saw this on the Super Mario Party email.

[attachment=31069:9565235A-510E-433E-BB1C-1B2AA9A3404F.jpeg][attachment=31070:A7D87FEF-5467-4943-B9F0-7BB39CBA04D9.jpeg]

Kind of LTTP here but how come they changed the app from showing the amount you have put down on preorders. It used to show how much you had paid off and now it just shows the price of the item.

Traded in my PS4 Pro for the RDR2 Pro Bundle.  Neither employee there knew about the bundle and didn't believe me that it was real when they couldn't find it in their system at first.

So, it looks like changed how PS2 games are listed in the system. Typing in PS2 no longer gives you a big list of titles, so you actually have to search for the actual titles again. Haven’t explored too deeply, but maybe they added more titles?

Isn't it just a rumor? Does anyone have any actually proof that there will be an update next year? Of course it could be true. It'll happen eventually. But it could also be like a lot of rumors that the internet blows up over only to find out it's not even true. It's strange that people are acting like it's already set in stone.

I was going to get one on BF but now I will wait for 2019
that would be smart, though i have one already, nintendo usually only puts out le consoles in the west when they are trying to move old inventory hence two le switch consoles, though its true about a new switch next fall, hard to see what if any upgrades they do since they release a console that was already far behind tech wise, best guess is handheld will run in 1080 45fps at best but any arent really worth it unless they decide to stop banning bigger carts since its a huge restriction already, although people are saying their going after 3ds owners to upgrade for a pokemon title coming around that time, until they decide to unify properly, those using pokemon bank wont switch until they can carry over pokemon properly

Anyone try getting an extra $5 for a Switch game yet? Saw this on the Super Mario Party email.

attachicon.gif
9565235A-510E-433E-BB1C-1B2AA9A3404F.jpeg
attachicon.gif
A7D87FEF-5467-4943-B9F0-7BB39CBA04D9.jpeg
I had an associate recommend I wait to trade in a switch game until this Friday because there was going to be a $5 bonus. Perhaps that's when it starts.

Updated Nintendo Switch slated for late 2019, rumored to have a better display. This makes me rethink buying the Pokémon Switch...
I still plan on getting the Pokémon Switch because well that's the way electronics are anymore. They are nearly obsolete within a couple years because everyone is always trying to make new & improve gadgets in order to make more money. That's why I stopped always wanting to have the "newest" electronics because you just can't win that game. As long as it operates the way I want it to then that's fine with me I'm ok with not having the top notch additions to a similar product I already own.

Isn't it just a rumor? Does anyone have any actually proof that there will be an update next year? Of course it could be true. It'll happen eventually. But it could also be like a lot of rumors that the internet blows up over only to find out it's not even true. It's strange that people are acting like it's already set in stone.
The Wall Street Journal isn't going to publish an article without solid information.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-plans-new-version-of-switch-next-year-1538629322

Maybe this means Nintendo will try to move all its old inventory and we will actually see a few good deals on Switch bundles this holiday season. 

Anyway to cancel gamestop online preorder ? I ordered the pikachu one but i might just get a regular one for cheaper now. And upgrade later when the new one comes out

So everyone is going crazy now over this rumor? Nothing is confirmed, and there is no word on what the new version of the switch would improve. It's all speculation.

But if people want to wait over 8 months to get a switch because of the possibility for a screen improvement, more power to them I guess.

Anyway to cancel gamestop online preorder ? I ordered the pikachu one but i might just get a regular one for cheaper now. And upgrade later when the new one comes out
There's usually a bright red button that says "cancel this shipment."

Did you check your order in your order history?

There's usually a bright red button that says "cancel this shipment."

Did you check your order in your order history?
Yes it says processing but it doesn’t ship til November 16th...a few weeks ago I tried to cancel in store and I told them I would preorder it in store and they said I couldn’t...I’m about to call them and try my luck

Well damn this means I should probably cancel my Smash Bros Switch then.
Why? If there is a new model is will probably just be a new screen to improve the battery life. They're not going to re-design it. That would mean they would have to make new joy-cons to fit. And they won't be making it more powerful because then they would have to raise the price.

Why? If there is a new model is will probably just be a new screen to improve the battery life. They're not going to re-design it. That would mean they would have to make new joy-cons to fit. And they won't be making it more powerful because then they would have to raise the price.
That's all true, I'm just asking myself if I'm actually going to pick it up and play it for 8 months with my massive backlog. Wouldn't be the first time I've bought a console and not touched it for months.

That's all true, I'm just asking myself if I'm actually going to pick it up and play it for 8 months with my massive backlog. Wouldn't be the first time I've bought a console and not touched it for months.
thats why i sold my launch unit, and it was out of warranty, its been a good six months since anything comes out on it new worth playing anyway. i feel i havent missed out on much or anything.

but some good games coming soon.

The USB-C cable is the cable manufacturers' fault, not Nintendo's.

But the incorrect standard on the Switch is what caused the Switch to brick on some third party docks. Its voltage non-compliance is the reason why there's only half a dozen chargers that can charge the Switch while playing without the battery still draining. And the Switch charger can charge almost nothing else without shutting itself down.

My Google/Motorola/LG/Anker/etc chargers and devices all work with each other. Almost none of them work with the Switch.

BestBuy is the choice on this one if you happen to still have GCU and will receive the 10$ certificate. That's the only reason I bought it.
I just opened my $30 AC Origins Gold edition from Target...I think I'm going to wait for a similar AC Odyssey gold deal as well. $40 for the vanilla version still seems expensive for an "incomplete" Ubisoft game tbh

Retailers doing away with Day 1 incentives is going to help my patience for "complete"editions.

Question about the triple points toward currency cards. I'm elite pro. Will I get 90 points per dollar, or is there typical gamestop fine print where the triple points only applies to base 10 points or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back