2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent almost 100 on odyssey. Considering the season pass comes with 2 remastered games and the story DLC was so good in Origins, they sold me which is very inf CAG like

Is it safe to use third party cables to charge the Switch pro controller? I use a braided 10 foot cable so that I can still play while it charges, but now I'm kind of scared to use it...

Is it safe to use third party cables to charge the Switch pro controller? I use a braided 10 foot cable so that I can still play while it charges, but now I'm kind of scared to use it...
I believe the main danger in the weird USB-C on the switch is using third party docks to play in TV mode, which may lead your switch to get caught in a boot loop. You should be fine.

I believe the main danger in the weird USB-C on the switch is using third party docks to play in TV mode, which may lead your switch to get caught in a boot loop. You should be fine.
Actually it's the lack of a 10k ohm pull up resistor in cables that is causing the issue. Just make sure your cord has one.

By any chance did anybody here get the 'Original PlayStation Hoodie' on the website? That tiny pic is literally the only one that exists of it on the web.

The buy four used games for $10 isn't too bad this time around. Looks like there were some price changes on some PS3 games that made them $4.99 each. Grabbed the following games at two stores tonight:

Lost Planet 2 - PS3, complete
Saints Row IV - PS3, complete
Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack - PS3, disc only
XCOM Enemy Within - PS3, complete

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS3, complete
Payday 2 - 360, complete
SSX - PS3, complete
Trivial Pursuit - PS3, complete

I usually don't bother with disc only games, but that Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack was an insane value with Deus Ex, Hitman, and Thief on one disc. And Payday 2 appeared to be converted to used from new although I'm sure that happened years ago.

Hi guys, quick Q.

I have a launch PS4 Pro system with the GS 2 Year Warranty. Recently I've been having issues with the system resetting randomly even when playing. 

Anywho before it expires (mid November), I'd like to take it to my local store I took this warranty out on and get the newest PS4 Pro revision. Looking online it seems its the Read Dead 2 Pro Bundle. 

I'm wondering, can I pre-order this Read Dead Pro system and when it comes out, go to store let them know about my issues and somehow walk home with the new system bundle?(same price as launch model) The reason I plan to pre-order a Read Dead 2 Pro is because apparently the Pros are hard to find? So I want to get one ASAP. Makes sense?

Any suggestions? Thanks guys! (if this is stupid and won't work, please let me know to avoid embarrassment.) 

FWIW, I traded in my SNES Classic tonight, and got $50 vs the $40 listed in the app. It even rang up that way before she scanned in my Elite PUR (which didn’t change the amount, of course). Not a bad return on something I’ve played once out of curiosity.

Hi guys, quick Q.

I have a launch PS4 Pro system with the GS 2 Year Warranty. Recently I've been having issues with the system resetting randomly even when playing.

Anywho before it expires (mid November), I'd like to take it to my local store I took this warranty out on and get the newest PS4 Pro revision. Looking online it seems its the Read Dead 2 Pro Bundle.

I'm wondering, can I pre-order this Read Dead Pro system and when it comes out, go to store let them know about my issues and somehow walk home with the new system bundle?(same price as launch model) The reason I plan to pre-order a Read Dead 2 Pro is because apparently the Pros are hard to find? So I want to get one ASAP. Makes sense?

Any suggestions? Thanks guys! (if this is stupid and won't work, please let me know to avoid embarrassment.)
Your warranty will only get you a preowned pro if I’m not mistaken.

FWIW, I traded in my SNES Classic tonight, and got $50 vs the $40 listed in the app. It even rang up that way before she scanned in my Elite PUR (which didn’t change the amount, of course). Not a bad return on something I’ve played once out of curiosity.
I think it's because there's an extra 25% trade in bonus on hardware happening now.

Hi guys, quick Q.

I really doubt they'll let you turn in your used PS4 for a new one that's bundled with a game. They'll probably just swap it out with another pre-owned one.

So far I’m not seeing the $5 extra for Switch games. Every GS I’ve been to recently is loaded with Switch games, so I’m a little surprised they’re even doing a promo honestly.

I want to trade in Crash Switch (not feeling the game, the controls are just as bad as I remember) but they dropped the elite pro tiv from $24 to $18. Meh, I'll hold it for now.

Really want AC: Odyssey but I know it’ll be $29 on or before Black Friday so I’m controlling myself.
Same here. I was tempted to spend the money the Gold Edition, but I had the Deluxe Edition of WWE 2K19 and I know I don't have time to play everything right now and like you I know it'll be cheap on BF and it's become my tradition to buy the annual AC game for half the price a month after it releases.

I traded in a couple Switch games last night and the $5 bonus automatically applied to each.
Yeah, I traded in my Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch and got $29 which was great since they only sell it for like $37 and I paid $15 for it.

Hi guys, quick Q.

There is a 0% chance of that happening. The warranty would cover the exact type of system you have, and not a new replacement.

It wasn’t all of them, but they did purge a bunch of cheap titles, like old sports games etc
I assumed that he's only talking about sports titles and old music and Move titles, but it was kind of a blanket statement. That said, I will probably pick up a few more games before the buy four used games for $10 sale ends. There are some really good deals to be had. And I'm not picky.

Wow. GameStop doing something decent? As I live and breathe. There's probably a tax write-off in there somewhere, but let's not think about that.

Associate shared with me that they're discarding last gen games from Wii, X360, PS3, and DS. Associate offered me any games from the list. After a quick glance, I saw a bunch of low profile games. Off the top of my head: Haze, Infamous 1 and 2, all Maddens up to 09, NHL's, Hannah Montana DS games and tons others. I would guess these games are most of the less than $1 trade ins.
I mentioned this a week ago so it's definitely happening

By the way, doc_j, you ever get contacted by a district manager about your issue?

Probably already known by most, but seems like Gamestop is moving all their New Vita games to Used now. Went in last night and every Vita game was used. Unfortunately I already had most of them and the ones I didn't were visual novels. 

The Annual WWE game is another on that always hits around half price on BF.
This is true, but it's typically the standard edition of the game and I wanted the Deluxe Edition for the season pass. I still need to get back to Orgins and finish that so I am in no rush on AC Odyssey.

Thank you for the feedback guys. Don't remember the guy saying "well replace it with a used model". I'll give them a call.

Went to reddit last night and didnt see anything about others getting pre-owned units just that if they get a replacement, GS has to have the unit in stock else they have to send you to another store or wait for stock thus my q about pre-ordering. BTW the reason I mentioned the new bundle is because it has the same monetary value as the ps4 pro? ($400)

Well thanks. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few weeks! Whatever the case I know I'm covered for a replacement.

I thought that Crash Bandicoot PS4 was on the Guaranteed $20 towards New/Pre Order list? Guess I should of traded it in earlier in the week. 

All of the Activision games that were on sale for the BB DOTD were also on sale for the same price at GS and other retailers (even Crash for Switch.) It was a publisher promo. Of course the TIVs are going to crash, especially, with the sale being only a few days ago.

All of the Activision games that were on sale for the BB DOTD were also on sale for the same price at GS and other retailers (even Crash for Switch.) It was a publisher promo. Of course the TIVs are going to crash, especially, with the sale being only a few days ago.
I see what you did there!

I was going to dump my PS4 Crash since I have it on Switch, but $18 is too low.

Thank you for the feedback guys. Don't remember the guy saying "well replace it with a used model". I'll give them a call.

Went to reddit last night and didnt see anything about others getting pre-owned units just that if they get a replacement, GS has to have the unit in stock else they have to send you to another store or wait for stock thus my q about pre-ordering. BTW the reason I mentioned the new bundle is because it has the same monetary value as the ps4 pro? ($400)

Well thanks. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few weeks! Whatever the case I know I'm covered for a replacement.
I didn't know that was a thing. I never bought a warranty and just assumed it was similar to best buy where if you bought it new that they would replace it with a new one.

I didn't know that was a thing. I never bought a warranty and just assumed it was similar to best buy where if you bought it new that they would replace it with a new one.
When I worked there I replaced warranties with whichever condition was equivalent to what they bought. PO got PO replacements, new got new. I'd be pissed if I paid $40 for a warranty on a new console and got someone's cheeto stained roach hotel as a replacement.

When I worked there I replaced warranties with whichever condition was equivalent to what they bought. PO got PO replacements, new got new. I'd be pissed if I paid $40 for a warranty on a new console and got someone's cheeto stained roach hotel as a replacement.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Maybe I missed it but I dont remember the OP saying anything about buying it used so I assumed what he was asking was reasonable but ymmv on getting the RDR bundle.

I once saw somebody doing a warranty claim for pre-owned PS4 slim. The employee brought out a brand new ps4 slim and told him that's all they have. Maybe wait until they are out of stock of the pre-owned item and then go in.

By the way, doc_j, you ever get contacted by a district manager about your issue?
No one has called or contacted me at all.

At first I assumed the DM, had to conduct an investigation due to the nature of the complaint. Tomorrow will be a week.

At this point I assume GameStop doesn’t GAF. I’m Contemplating blasting them on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit

No one has called or contacted me at all.

At first I assumed the DM, had to conduct an investigation due to the nature of the complaint. Tomorrow will be a week.

At this point I assume GameStop doesn’t GAF. I’m Contemplating blasting them on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit
I wouldn't bother with the subreddit.

Visited my local store for the 4 for $10 deal and wow, they really are clearing out a lot of Wii, 360, PS3 and DS stuff.   Basically any game w/o instruments/portals(DJ Hero, Rock Band, Lego Dimensions, Skylanders), sports games before 2013 and any Kinect-only game was being dumped.   As the employee I talking with about it said that they had 20+ copies of some of that stuff that never sells. 

There were also some games that are listed for $.99 on their website mixed in there like Infamous 1 & 2, Uncharted 1/2/3, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor that were thrown in the stack.  Mine had a bunch of DS games removed from the locked display case and put cart-only 3DS games there instead.  So looks they're finally realizing there's a bunch of game no one wants anymore.

Just FYI, just picked up Godzilla for PS4 for $28 after the CAG16 and Elite membership......seen this game sell for over $60 bucks lately

Visited my local store for the 4 for $10 deal and wow, they really are clearing out a lot of Wii, 360, PS3 and DS stuff. Basically any game w/o instruments/portals(DJ Hero, Rock Band, Lego Dimensions, Skylanders), sports games before 2013 and any Kinect-only game was being dumped. As the employee I talking with about it said that they had 20+ copies of some of that stuff that never sells.

There were also some games that are listed for $.99 on their website mixed in there like Infamous 1 & 2, Uncharted 1/2/3, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor that were thrown in the stack. Mine had a bunch of DS games removed from the locked display case and put cart-only 3DS games there instead. So looks they're finally realizing there's a bunch of game no one wants anymore.
you mean these games?[attachment=31083:Screenshot_20181005-190712_Facebook.jpg][attachment=31083:Screenshot_20181005-190712_Facebook.jpg][attachment=31084:Screenshot_20181005-190706_Facebook.jpg][attachment=31085:Screenshot_20181005-190701_Facebook.jpg]

Just FYI, just picked up Godzilla for PS4 for $28 after the CAG16 and Elite membership......seen this game sell for over $60 bucks lately
I still have my copy sealed that i picked up from TRU for $20. I remember seeing this on sale digitally for like $10 a while ago and it looks like it must have been delisted from PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back