2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean these games?
attachicon.gif
Yep, most of those were in the stacks that I saw. Mine had the DS games they were clearing out in those yellow disc sleeves and just stapled them shut.

Ah man, I have meaning to get the old Fifa games on 360/PS3.  I heard the game engines used before the Ignite game engine led to some hilarious, janky gameplay.

Considering that its been taken away and removed from the site multiple times now once Corporate gets word that its directly effecting their profit margins. Loose lips sink ships.
Didn't even think about that.....just thought if anyone wanted to snag a copy, now's the time. I'll go back to radio silence

Clearance deal on the various toys / collectibles this morning got killed online if anyone was hoping to get on that

Yeah I had some pick up stuff then waited to long to go and prices updated while I was gone check out online

Clearance deal on the various toys / collectibles this morning got killed online if anyone was hoping to get on that
It feels like they've done that before with changing prices back and forth. Fortunately i got an order of the star wars model kits and the rick and morty comics before prices changed.

Not even that great a deal. Just looked and used copies eBay for $45 shipped. Very little profit there. The B2G1 on retro much better for that kind of thing.
This. May as well just wait until B2G1 and get switch games, then flip them during good trade promos/bumps. Not sure where he saw $60, unless he was really cherry picking "recently sold prices" (not bashing him, but like you said all I see is $35 - $45 shipped). Decent 1:1 cash out, but may as well keep rolling your GS credit into more GS credit.

Godzilla was really underprinted. The day it came out I had a hard time getting my preorder copy from Best Buy because they only got 2 for 3 preorders.

Well talked myself into trading my launch PS4 pro for the RDR Pro bundle. Getting a new, hopefully more quiet system, along with a new controller (traded in my old one of course with my pro) certainly seems like a good idea. What tipped the scales was the points I'd be generating with a $300 trade and a $400 purchase.

So should end up with $100 difference -$60 game I was buying anyway - $21 in cert value = $19 value for trading in my old extremely noisy Pro with 2 years of use and a old DS4 for a brand new, quieter Pro and a new DS4.

Seems like a good deal to me!

I bought it new and traded it in. In fact, it was my first physical PS4 game. It's that bad.
It was my first game too but I wouldn’t say it was that bad. A lot of people were expecting WAY too much out of this game (especially some of the reviews out there). As a Godzilla fan myself it was something different and very welcoming. Although I will admit it could have been better and by far considered great but it’s not nearly the disaster that some make it out to be.

anyone get cancelled on this mornings pricing goofup? saw someone on SD suggesting they did
Wait what happened and why didn't I hear about it??

Edit: Okay I have got to start following the Twitter account.

Well talked myself into trading my launch PS4 pro for the RDR Pro bundle. Getting a new, hopefully more quiet system, along with a new controller (traded in my old one of course with my pro) certainly seems like a good idea. What tipped the scales was the points I'd be generating with a $300 trade and a $400 purchase.
So should end up with $100 difference -$60 game I was buying anyway - $21 in cert value = $19 value for trading in my old extremely noisy Pro with 2 years of use and a old DS4 for a brand new, quieter Pro and a new DS4.
Seems like a good deal to me!
Did they let you pre order that pro? Or do you just have to get it on release day?

Rocket League Collectors edition is $15.99 at Best Buy if you still have GCU, current pro trade in value is $22. This would be a solid flip if that $5 bonus for trading switch games is legit and you have GCU

Was curious what was the 4 for $10 people were rumbling about?
You can get any four used games priced $4.99 or lower for $10 total. Actually, less than that with Pro discount. Then, each game comes out for $2.25 each, so it's a really good deal if you're not picky. There aren't many current gen games that qualify that aren't sports titles.

I went to two stores today:

Store 1
Buzz Quiz TV (PS3)
Final Fantasy X and X-2 (PS3)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (PS3)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)

Store 2
Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year (PS3)
Body & Brain Connection (360 Kinect)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS3)
Little League Baseball Double Pack (Wii)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
Safecracker (Wii)
UFC 2010 (PS3)

All of them except Body & Brain were complete, and they were all games that I had been wanting to try but was waiting for the right price. ;)

Pro-tip: check the website for availability before going to the store. Both of the stores that I went to had games in the drawers that weren't on the shelves. The associates didn't even know they were there. That was how I got complete copies.

How are switch game values right now with the $5 bump? I remember them tanking before the last SB but did the go over $35? I cant remember. I'm trying to go all digital this BF and want to get rid of my 5 or so games.

Did you have to trade towards any specific items or just simply trade a Switch game to get the extra $5??
Traded in Rocket League and it automatically gives you the extra $5 even without a PUR account. I know this because I saw it ring up $25 before they added my PUR Elite Pro to the transaction which bumped it to $29.

You can get any four used games priced $4.99 or lower for $10 total. Actually, less than that with Pro discount. Then, each game comes out for $2.25 each, so it's a really good deal if you're not picky. There aren't many current gen games that qualify that aren't sports titles.

I went to two stores today:

Store 1
Buzz Quiz TV (PS3)
Final Fantasy X and X-2 (PS3)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (PS3)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)

Store 2
Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year (PS3)
Body & Brain Connection (360 Kinect)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS3)
Little League Baseball Double Pack (Wii)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
Safecracker (Wii)
UFC 2010 (PS3)

All of them except Body & Brain were complete, and they were all games that I had been wanting to try but was waiting for the right price. ;)

Pro-tip: check the website for availability before going to the store. Both of the stores that I went to had games in the drawers that weren't on the shelves. The associates didn't even know they were there. That was how I got complete copies.
Glad to hear that u still play your 360 or PS3 from time to time. You know brain and connect u need a Kinect?

Anyway, there is a lot of games that is hidden gems and many that is backwards compatible to Xbox one. GTA 4 + GTA episode, Mafia 2, dead space 2, final fantasy,etc.

Anyone got recommendations for Xbox 360 good Kinect or PS3 move games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back