2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that u still play your 360 or PS3 from time to time. You know brain and connect u need a Kinect?

Anyway, there is a lot of games that is hidden gems and many that is backwards compatible to Xbox one. GTA 4 + GTA episode, Mafia 2, dead space 2, final fantasy,etc.

Anyone got recommendations for Xbox 360 good Kinect or PS3 move games?
Yup, I still have a Kinect and a Move. And Body and Brain Connection has a mini game that lets you play a game of Pac-Man with your body which is why I bought it. It was $2.99 before the four for $10 deal kicked in. But as someone had mentioned earlier, the Kinect games are in the group of games that GameStop is removing from their system and stores. One of the associates confirmed that today. So, I didn't hesitate on buying it. My suggestion is go to GameStop's website, check the preowned 360 and PS3 games by lowest price, and then search by store to find what you're looking for. That's what I did.

I'd suggest the Eyepet games, EA Create, R.U.S.E., and Kung-Fu Rider for PS3 Move, but I don't know if they're on the sale or not.

A GS close to me already has a preowned Super Mario Party. Anyone play it?
Played it last night with some friends. It is much better than the last Mario party. The controls seem odd at first but Nintendo does a great job of using the joycons in creative and innovative ways. We didn't play anything too challenging but it was fun and fair for all players even if you're trailing behind.

Thanks for the replies. It does stink to not have the Pro Controller option, but I’m hoping to play it with my wife who doesn’t normal play games, so the Joycons should be fine. Hopefully I can grab the preowned copy tomorrow before someone else gets it.

None of the games work with a pro controller. All of them are made with the joycons in mind. I'd watch a video of some of the mini games to get an idea of why the controller choice is limited.

Since we're talking about Super Mario Party, my Amazon preorder from July has been delayed until Tuesday due to "weather", yet it's been at a UPS facility about 45 minutes drive from me since Friday 10am.

Since we're talking about Super Mario Party, my Amazon preorder from July has been delayed until Tuesday due to "weather", yet it's been at a UPS facility about 45 minutes drive from me since Friday 10am.
i had that last winter, streets were clear but still got delayed several days. i think its just a misspelling, as in, "whether" or not we want to go to work today is the real delay.

i had that last winter, streets were clear but still got delayed several days. i think its just a misspelling, as in, "whether" or not we want to go to work today is the real delay.
Yeah it's BS. I asked them to tell me where the weather delay is and suddenly the chat agent changed. I had to push to get a $5 gift card for the delay.

None of the games work with a pro controller. All of them are made with the joycons in mind. I'd watch a video of some of the mini games to get an idea of why the controller choice is limited.
Yeah I don't really get the complaints about no pro controller. It's kinda like if people had complained that Wii Sports didn't support the Classic controller.

How does the 25% bonus for Dualshock 4 or Xbox one controller work? There's a new one for 10/8-10/22. Does the base trade-in credit price of $20 already include the 25% bonus or is it added at the POS? TIA

How does the 25% bonus for Dualshock 4 or Xbox one controller work? There's a new one for 10/8-10/22. Does the base trade-in credit price of $20 already include the 25% bonus or is it added at the POS? TIA
$20 base does not include the 25%. basically $20 plus $5 plus either $2 or $4 depending on your PUR level.

There is a buy 2 get 1 free on wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, ds, and ps3 games. Don’t know if it’s just online or in store too.

Yeah I don't really get the complaints about no pro controller. It's kinda like if people had complained that Wii Sports didn't support the Classic controller.
I think it mostly comes from the Pro controller having all the bells and whistles of the Joycon sans IR sensor IIRC. There's also the factor that the switch's design leads itself to the whole play however you want mentality. Makes sense for third parties since they aren't as invested in a console like that, but for Nintendo themselves to limit how you interact is a bit eh. I'm not that invested in SMP, and I have enough joycons to play it, just a weird situation.

A noob with lack of reading comprehension here.  I have been wondering forever about how the guaranteed $20 credit toward new game/preorder works.  Because to my eyes most, if not all, of the eligible games are already $20 (especially given the fact that I am Elite Pro) in trade value.  Then what is the point of this promotion?  Is it just one of the 'good-on-paper' promotions by Gamestop?  Or is it actually a godsend deal that adds $20 onto the original trade value?  For example, if I am to trade in Spiderman PS4, which is solid $30 for me as of today, and purchase a $60 new game, do I actually get $50 in credit ($30 + $20) and only have to pay $10?  Or just $30 in credit since it is greater than $20?  I am sure it is the latter scenario but if an enlightened one could confirm I'll appreciate it.  Thanks!

A noob with lack of reading comprehension here. I have been wondering forever about how the guaranteed $20 credit toward new game/preorder works. Because to my eyes most, if not all, of the eligible games are already $20 (especially given the fact that I am Elite Pro) in trade value. Then what is the point of this promotion? Is it just one of the 'good-on-paper' promotions by Gamestop? Or is it actually a godsend deal that adds $20 onto the original trade value? For example, if I am to trade in Spiderman PS4, which is solid $30 for me as of today, and purchase a $60 new game, do I actually get $50 in credit ($30 + $20) and only have to pay $10? Or just $30 in credit since it is greater than $20? I am sure it is the latter scenario but if an enlightened one could confirm I'll appreciate it. Thanks!
You'd get the value listed on the site unless it's a Switch game, I believe the extra $5 trade promo is still going so you can add an additional $5 for those.

Not sure if it's in-store, but it's running till 10/14. I'm taking this as a sign to dump all my 360 games now.
They have done this several times before, though some of the higher trade in games for the last gen have dropped in value. Perhaps an abundance of games in stock.

Has Pokemon SoulSilver, heart gold, spyro dawn of the dragon ps3 had a stealth bump recently? I need either a bump or a good promo to make these boomerangs worth my time.

was anyone able to pick up the batman rc collector item the other that was on sale for 49 instead of 199? i got 1 it shipped :D .. i think it was in stock for a few mins

Does anybody recall if GS did a 70% or even 50% promo during Q4 last year?  My 90 days has finally ended, and I've got a crapton of video store, flea market, and FB last gen bargains, but lordy these TIVs....  I just noticed the aforementioned tanking of  Forza Horizon 2 tonight.  That's got to be an all time low.  The bizarre thing is that my home store just made 360 games more prominent again...

Does anybody recall if GS did a 70% or even 50% promo during Q4 last year? My 90 days has finally ended, and I've got a crapton of video store, flea market, and FB bargains, but lordy these TIVs.... I just noticed the aforementioned tanking of Forza Horizon 2 tonight. That's got to be an all time low. The bizarre thing is that my home store just made 360 games more prominent again...
We had one at the end of the year.

I know that you can't use certificates on Pro Day sales, but does anyone remember if that prohibition also applies to BF sales? I don't think I've ever tried.

Anybody cancel preorders at one store and move them to another store, specifically because you don't like the employees? The store lead at my local GS is giving me major JD vibes, and I would prefer not even shopping there if I can avoid it. Major PITA who asks for my ID even when I'm buying stuff or putting down money on preorders.

Haven't been playing many games recently, I was just wondering if it is still possible to use GS trade-in credit to buy an Amazon gift card. I wanna trade my X1 and some games and get a PS4 near Black Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back