2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not mention the sweet bundles available currently:

Forza Horizon 4

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Battlefield V

NBA 2K19

I think the deal offering comes with state of decay 2 if I am not mistaken.

Forza Horizon 4

Battlefield V

NBA 2K19

If I'm not mistaken, the trade up to Xbox One X deal is only valid for the non-bundle Xbox One X. But it does come with SoD2.

Forza Horizon 4
Battlefield V
NBA 2K19

Only X1S bundles I see are

Sea of Thieves
NBA 2k19
PUBG

BFV doesn't come out til the 11/9.

If I'm not mistaken, sea of thieves is the only physical game bundle?

Edit:
Guessing SoT bundle isn't in stock most places, so mainly just nba bundle. Not bad at $200, but I bet BF will be better.

if I didn't have an elite controller as my only current Xbox controller I'd trade my one s in and do the red dead promotion
You could always just pick up a used one at GS or somewhere else and use that in the trade in. Still a nice promotion if they can be combined.

If I'm not mistaken, the trade up to Xbox One X deal is only valid for the non-bundle Xbox One X. But it does come with SoD2.
Yeah, the terms of condition mention only available with SoD2 edition.

Offer valid 10/8/18 - 10/28/18. Valid toward purchase of New Xbox One X console w/ State of Decay 2 digital, SKU 155211. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Edit: It also mentions it cannot be combined with any other offer so combining this trade deal with the RDR2 deal may be YMMV.

if I didn't have an elite controller as my only current Xbox controller I'd trade my one s in and do the red dead promotion
I wonder if they would let you trade in the brand new controller from the Xbox one you're about to purchase. If you buy the one x I'm sure they would, they want to move units no doubt.

Yeah, the terms of condition mention only available with SoD2 edition.

Offer valid 10/8/18 - 10/28/18. Valid toward purchase of New Xbox One X console w/ State of Decay 2 digital, SKU 155211. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Edit: It also mentions it cannot be combined with any other offer so combining this trade deal with the RDR2 deal may be YMMV.
based on the fact that frys has the same deal, i think the rdr 2 deal is a microsoft deal, so it should work fine. kind of like the deal a while back trading in electronics with a bonus towards xbox1s and getting a free gift card with purchase of said s. one deal is with the trade in, the other is with a purchase.

I wonder if they would let you trade in the brand new controller from the Xbox one you're about to purchase. If you buy the one x I'm sure they would, they want to move units no doubt.
You would probably need a GS employee who is lax or knows/trusts you. Technically they shouldn't be opening sealed consoles until after your payment clears.

Forza Horizon 4
Battlefield V
NBA 2K19

Forza bundles are exclusive to Walmart & SotTR bundles are exclusive to Best Buy.

The only bundles at GS that work with the trade in deal are the XB1X’s that come with a digital code of SoD 2 on the receipt. The prepackaged NBA, Fallout 76, & PUBG bundles (all that GS has available) don’t work with the trade promotion.

You would probably need a GS employee who is lax or knows/trusts you. Technically they shouldn't be opening sealed consoles until after your payment clears.
I do stuff line this all the time for customers. It helps them out and helps our store out.

that's a good deal, but I can't see this offer advertised on their website or weekly ad anywhere. Are you sure about it?
I don't think the "buy four" sales had been advertised in the weekly ads in the past few months nor have they been available online. It was always in store only. The only ways that I knew about it were CAG, GameStop employees, and the shelf tags in the store. Probably meant to clear out old games from the store inventories.

When I worked there, I never had an issue with people doing this, but I would make them open the console and take out the controller themselves after the transaction is completed.

When I worked there, I never had an issue with people doing this, but I would make them open the console and take out the controller themselves after the transaction is completed.
I did the same thing when I worked for Gamestop. Why wouldn't I want to buy a 'used' controller that I can personally then purchase for much cheaper myself with the employee discount.

based on the fact that frys has the same deal, i think the rdr 2 deal is a microsoft deal, so it should work fine. kind of like the deal a while back trading in electronics with a bonus towards xbox1s and getting a free gift card with purchase of said s. one deal is with the trade in, the other is with a purchase.
It stacks with the fallout bundle
They released a message stating it will absolutely stack

NotablePrice dropped to $9.99 stuff I've noticed for the sale that probably wasn't last time.

Fallout 4 XB1 (everyone probably already has this)
Left 4 Dead XB1
CoD 2 360/XB1
Mafia 3 XB1/PS4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm XB1/PS4
Far Cry 4 PS4
MGSV Phantom Pain PS4

Batman Arkham Knight PS4

Fallout 3 GOTY PS3/360/XB1

So does anyone know what happens if you take advantage of the current XB1S trade in promo ($250 toward SoD2 XB1X) and then return it?

Do you get $250 cash/ $250 credit?  or $500 credit?

Will they even let you return a console you purchased with a trade in promo?

So does anyone know what happens if you take advantage of the current XB1S trade in promo ($250 toward SoD2 XB1X) and then return it?

Do you get $250 cash/ $250 credit? or $500 credit?

Will they even let you return a console you purchased with a trade in promo?
It is hard to say, but they would probably only give you back the credit you would have gotten for the console without the trade bump plus the cash you paid. Some employees may just do the return and then some may do the return and flag your account for Loss Prevention to review. They can also refuse to do a refund entirely. You never know.

It is hard to say, but they would probably only give you back the credit you would have gotten for the console without the trade bump plus the cash you paid. Some employees may just do the return and then some may do the return and flag your account for Loss Prevention to review. They can also refuse to do a refund entirely. You never know.
According to the skickdeals site people have been doing the return and getting full credit back as a gift card. After doing the second trade they are then doing a third transaction to exchange for the white fallout bundle. Of course it is YMMV but it seems like it has been mostly successful and it might mean going to multiple stores.

Called my local Gamestop and asked if would stack. Although he wasn't a 100% sure, he stated that it "should". I guess I'll find out come Friday.

i just took advantage of the trade in promo for the x... in the event that this RDR2 promo does stack with the trade in promo, would it be possible to do a return/rebuy or will it be a ymmv deal?

Just received a promotional e-mail from Gamestop  for Red Dead 2 that mentions a "$10 Reward Cash" for PRO members who purchase the game by Nov 1st. Fine print says that it shows up in active offers. Interesting!

Just received a promotional e-mail from Gamestop for Red Dead 2 that mentions a "$10 Reward Cash" for PRO members who purchase the game by Nov 1st. Fine print says that it shows up in active offers. Interesting!
It doesn’t say 1 per account either because I got 2 of them preordered.

Just received a promotional e-mail from Gamestop for Red Dead 2 that mentions a "$10 Reward Cash" for PRO members who purchase the game by Nov 1st. Fine print says that it shows up in active offers. Interesting!
Hopefully the PS4 Pro console bundle counts because I'm getting that.

Must be a PowerUp Rewards member to qualify. $10 Rewards Cash coupon will be deposited into member's Active Offers within 7 business days of the purchase. Purchase of Red Dead Redemption 2 must occur between 10/26/18 and 11/1/18 in order to qualify for the bonus. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

So if you pre-ordered the game on pro day, you'll get that 5,000 point bonus plus this $10 reward. So 15 bucks just for pre-ordering a game. Pretty nice.

Must be a PowerUp Rewards member to qualify. $10 Rewards Cash coupon will be deposited into member's Active Offers within 7 business days of the purchase. Purchase of Red Dead Redemption 2 must occur between 10/26/18 and 11/1/18 in order to qualify for the bonus. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
FYI, midnight launch is on 10/25 so don’t be surprised if this will not apply unless you wait til Friday

So if you pre-ordered the game on pro day, you'll get that 5,000 point bonus plus this $10 reward. So 15 bucks just for pre-ordering a game. Pretty nice.
If they honor any of it. I pre ordered Black ops 4 on pro day and didn't get the 5000 bonus points. I did pick it up early on the 11th so maybe that effected it like the person said it did with thier God of war. Any body here actually get the bonus 5000 points for Black ops 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back