2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't had a % bonus since elite pro was killed, the only one was a 10% bonus for pro day... They just want to keep pushing that $20 "trade in bonus" for games that already trade in for $20 lol
Just seems to go against their business model. You would think they would want people trading 3-4 games towards one title give a little incentive for doing so and than resale the trade in titles for a profit.

So I thought I might be able to go ahead with the dual promotion today of trading in the Xbox one s for $250 and the red dead promo of $100 off. It would not ring up correctly and I was told it was because it had to be purchased instead of just preordering. Looks like I'll have to make another trip tomorrow to get the deals.

I've gone back and forth on the r
ed dead/xbox trade in bonus towards the X1. $200 to upgrade isn't bad, but their new system is coming in two years probably

Ugh, decisions decisions

We haven't had a % bonus since elite pro was killed, the only one was a 10% bonus for pro day... They just want to keep pushing that $20 "trade in bonus" for games that already trade in for $20 lol
I thought if anything killing off Elite was going to bring back more promos but so far it hasn't. It can still come back later this year but it doesn't look good for us.

#depressioneating

I thought if anything killing off Elite was going to bring back more promos but so far it hasn't. It can still come back later this year but it doesn't look good for us.

#depressioneating
I thought the same thing, but at the same time with Amazon and Best Buy ditching their discount programs as well Gamestop is probably expecting sales to pick up a little as a result. I know it's worked for me, my GCU is still good until next month, but Gamestop is really convenient for me as I live very close to two of them and I've gotten several games there recently.

Technically the last 70% promo was after they had announced that Elite was being killed off, plus said promo happened right before Q4, presumably to boost inventory *for* Q4, aka the three months of the year where they don't need big promos to drive foot traffic.

That said, I swear last November or December they offered a limited time 50% PUR Cert, but it only worked for the one month they offered it, and at the time TIVs were pitifully low even with the 50% bump.

Am I crazy, or was that during the holidays last year?

Was able to stack $100 off with RDR2 and $200 trade-in for an Xbox One X. Thanks, guys I was able to pick up an X for just a bit over 200 with tax.

Technically the last 70% promo was after they had announced that Elite was being killed off, plus said promo happened right before Q4, presumably to boost inventory *for* Q4, aka the three months of the year where they don't need big promos to drive foot traffic.

That said, I swear last November or December they offered a limited time 50% PUR Cert, but it only worked for the one month they offered it, and at the time TIVs were pitifully low even with the 50% bump.

Am I crazy, or was that during the holidays last year?
What are you talking about? Elite was killed off at the tail end of July, like 3 months ago. It sure as hell didn’t happen last year.

I was asking if the 50% extra credit PUR cert was last year.

Elite died in July of this year, but the last 70% trade promo was in August, hence why I don't think trade promos are dead.

Was able to stack $100 off with RDR2 and $200 trade-in for an Xbox One X. Thanks, guys I was able to pick up an X for just a bit over 200 with tax.
So do they just put you down for a pre order of rdr2, and you still get the console today? I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of this deal, and still pick up the game later tonight.

So do they just put you down for a pre order of rdr2, and you still get the console today? I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of this deal, and still pick up the game later tonight.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/9qiz0s/red_dead_redemption_ii_megathread/

Employees are confirming the console trade in bonus/RDR2 purchase stacks, but only for the base Xbox 1 X and purchasing RDR2 physical. You get a free State of Decay 2 download code on the receipt.

When I worked there, I never had an issue with people doing this, but I would make them open the console and take out the controller themselves after the transaction is completed.
I took advantage of the $250 TIC on a XBox One X a couple months ago. I forgot the power cord at home for my XBox One S. The GS guy said no problem I will just take it out of the new XBox. Some GS are cool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/9qiz0s/red_dead_redemption_ii_megathread/
Employees are confirming the console trade in bonus/RDR2 purchase stacks, but only for the base Xbox 1 X and purchasing RDR2 physical. You get a free State of Decay 2 download code on the receipt.
I don’t know if I agree with this one. The last trade in they had I was able to choose whichever X1X package I wanted from GS. If GS has recently changed something, I’m going to try for the white Fallout bundle. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I don’t know if I agree with this one. The last trade in they had I was able to choose whichever X1X package I wanted from GS. If GS has recently changed something, I’m going to try for the white Fallout bundle. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
During my visit today the employee tried scanning the fallout bundle to see if the trade in deal would apply and it would not. It only worked with the base Xbox one x that included SoD.

Quick question, does anyone know how many reward certificates you can use in the same transaction? I plan to use a $50, $25, $15, $10, and $5 with my console trade-in to bring down the cost of my Xbox X. There's some fine print that says 3 per day, but I am not sure that is accurate.

Quick question, does anyone know how many reward certificates you can use in the same transaction? I plan to use a $50, $25, $15, $10, and $5 with my console trade-in to bring down the cost of my Xbox X. There's some fine print that says 3 per day, but I am not sure that is accurate.
Officially you can only use 3. It’s YMMV if the employee will scan more than that.

Just got back and pre paid my rdr2 ps4 pro console and traded in a couple switch games towards it. I still got the $5 bonus per switch game. I also upgraded my account to pro so I hope I get the bonus $10 certificate with my console.

GS really screwed me on the 3 for $25. Most of these games are $9.99 and under and part of the 4 for $20.
Technically speaking if you bought them on October 1st or after... you are within the holiday return/exchange period. If you still have your original receipt you could buy the games as apart of the current 4 for $20 and then return them using your original 3 for $25 receipt.

Yes, I picked up the console at 3 pm today. Going back to get RDR2 at launch which is 9 pm EST for some reason....

Does anyone know if I trade in my Xbox today for the deal (but I don't buy red dead) and then return it unopened tomorrow, will I get my $250 and the $250 credit?

If so, I could get any Xbox one x I want (fallout system) tomorrow and do the red Dead deal then. Any reason that wouldn't work?

should've just ordered red dead at a gamestop, best buy didn't have my order ready for pickup at 9pm despite me ordering it through an ad saying it would be ready at 9pm

Technically speaking if you bought them on October 1st or after... you are within the holiday return/exchange period. If you still have your original receipt you could buy the games as apart of the current 4 for $20 and then return them using your original 3 for $25 receipt.
I bought them in September [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I still want rdr2 on xbox instead of PS4. I just wanted the PS4 pro console with the free game. I’m leaving tomorrow right after work but if the trade in value of rdr2 on PS4 is $40 so maybe $44 with pro and the $10 coupon cleared I might use the coupon and the trade credit to get it on xbox instead for like $5.

I still want rdr2 on xbox instead of PS4. I just wanted the PS4 pro console with the free game. I’m leaving tomorrow right after work but if the trade in value of rdr2 on PS4 is $40 so maybe $44 with pro and the $10 coupon cleared I might use the coupon and the trade credit to get it on xbox instead for like $5.
$60 MSRP games seem to start at $25 base TIV now. RDR2 is already on the site at $25 base.

Anyone know if you have to purchase the Xbox version of the game for the console deal? It doesn't specify in the ad and I've already preordered the digital copy from Microsoft, but I'd buy a PS4 copy for my brother if I could save $40 more off an Xbox One X.

$60 MSRP games seem to start at $25 base TIV now. RDR2 is already on the site at $25 base.
Well that sucks. Lol I only want to do it if it only cost me under $10. Maybe there will be a trade bump or something. I just wanted the PS4 pro for single player games cause I don’t want to pay for xbox live and ps plus and I have more friends on xbox.

Anyone know if you have to purchase the Xbox version of the game for the console deal? It doesn't specify in the ad and I've already preordered the digital copy from Microsoft, but I'd buy a PS4 copy for my brother if I could save $40 more off an Xbox One X.
It's a Microsoft deal for the $100, so no. Signs are hung throughout the stores.

Buy RDR2 + X1S Nba 2k19 bundle + 3 months Xbox live for $265 from BB
Buy RDR2 from GameStop for $60
Trade in X1S for $250
Trade in RDR2 for $30
Buy X1X for $400

So you get NBA 2k19, RDR2, SoD, 3 months Xbox Live, $10 GS certificate, and X1X for $445. Might be able to swap out X1X for another bundle, in which case you get all that plus FO76 or whatever.

Also get (60+250+30+400)*30=22.2k points if you're elite pro.

Trade in X1S for $250
Trade in RDR2 for $30
Buy X1X for $400

So you get NBA 2k19, RDR2, SoD, 3 months Xbox Live, $10 GS certificate, and X1X for $445. Might be able to swap out X1X for another bundle, in which case you get all that plus FO76 or whatever.

No.

Trade in X1S for $250
Trade in RDR2 for $30
Buy X1X for $400

Or just do this and avoid the headache of buying and trading a bunch of stuff:

https://www.walmart.com/co/462728244

I spotted a Gamestop trade bonus ad on the site. Up to 40% toward select games.  I. don't think its active yet because the ad takes me to  a generic page.

Went to GameStop to pick up red dead and some dude was guarding the door saying the manager said to not let anyone in anymore even if you pre ordered the game. Had to wait for the line to clear and talked to the manager and they let us in. This was my first time being at a 9pm release lol why isn’t it midnight no more

Trade in X1S for $250
Trade in RDR2 for $30
Buy X1X for $400

It would be stupid to sell RDR2 back to gamestop for $30 when you could either sell your new copy on ebay for a lot more or wait for a nice trade bump from gamestop.

You also need to add all the tax for everything. Which can easily be another $50+ for most people.

I personally don't see this as too much of a deal when I got a Xbox X and a extra controller for $325 total.

I got a strange feeling the xbox x is about to fall to $399.99 for Christmas and better bundle deals might be found in the coming weeks.

Went to GameStop to pick up red dead and some dude was guarding the door saying the manager said to not let anyone in anymore even if you pre ordered the game. Had to wait for the line to clear and talked to the manager and they let us in. This was my first time being at a 9pm release lol why isn’t it midnight no more
Cause no one wants to close the store 9pm then come back 2.5hrs later to open it back up again for preorders. Also has something to do to the fact that release dates aren't really set in stone anymore. Sometimes preordering a game gives you access to the game 3 days earlier than everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back