2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sense in getting at 9pm.  You really think this is going to sell out?  It is a mass produced there are plenty of copies to go around.

They're probably doing away with stealth bumps, too. I didn't seen any price increases from the mwt list.
Agreed. Regardless of what some people said earlier this year about TIV and promos rebounding after summer, I think a permanent shift happened in April after the 70% extra NSW flip event. After that, TIV tanked and haven’t really rebounded past $30-35, Elite Pro was killed off, and now SB. With BB essentially mirroring TIV from GS, there’s no real competition.

Did anyone who picked up their Ultimate edition of RDR2 notice both codes say warhorse and outlaw? Did they redeem for different things or a rockstar error?

Agreed. Regardless of what some people said earlier this year about TIV and promos rebounding after summer, I think a permanent shift happened in April after the 70% extra NSW flip event. After that, TIV tanked and haven’t really rebounded past $30-35, Elite Pro was killed off, and now SB. With BB essentially mirroring TIV from GS, there’s no real competition.
Black Ops 4 held at $25 base price. Guess I'll hold out until Nov 11th, when the $30 guaranteed value ends for BO4, in the hopes that there's a TIV bonus deal just in case. If not, I'll go for the $35 TIV with that deal.

No sense in getting at 9pm. You really think this is going to sell out? It is a mass produced there are plenty of copies to go around.
Well, the sense in getting it at 9pm is that you can install the game and play it earlier. I don't think anyone was worried about not getting a copy of the game though.

I picked my copy up at 9pm and it allowed me to install and update (which took a little over an hour) and I played the game for a few hours before having to call it a night. Because of this I am now sitting in an office building at a desk wishing that I was still playing RDR2.

The $59 switch game TIVs were fantastic. I am hoping that 1) pre-order numbers tank hard once everything physical goes mostly MSRP at launch and 2) Trade in stock gets extremely low at GS from the lack of worthwhile promos and terrible TIVs

Unfortunately, my GCU expires Oct 29th so I will not be pre-ordering or getting day 1 games besides the ones I will have already preordered via Amazon or BB with the 20% discount (assuming I even keep those since 20% isn't that great without the $10 reward cert imo).

My GS Elite goes until 2025 (assuming GS is still in business and/or honors it) so I might just wait for used B2G1 for most games.

Other options are to wait for Target B2G1 (unless the exclusions continue), MSRP drops to sub $40/$20, Costco, etc

To be honest, if trading games dies then I will probably just wait for PSN sales/coupons. I prefer digital for my switch besides booming games to GS.

I know that "stealth bumps" have waited until Saturday to kick in before, so there's still a small chance for this weekend. I agree that the lack of trade promotions stinks... I haven't traded anything in a couple of months due to that.

Great my ultimate edition of RDR2 came with 2 warhorse codes instead of 1 warhorse and 1 ultimate edition. Don’t know how I’m going to explain this to Gamestop or how they would actually help ...

Great my ultimate edition of RDR2 came with 2 warhorse codes instead of 1 warhorse and 1 ultimate edition. Don’t know how I’m going to explain this to Gamestop or how they would actually help ...
Are the codes on the receipt or in the box? Either way, I would think you could take it back into Gamestop and ask for an exchange.

I redeemed my Ultimate edition code and when the download came up it said “Special Edition content” with no mention of Ultimate Edition any where

I redeemed my Ultimate edition code and when the download came up it said “Special Edition content” with no mention of Ultimate Edition any where
I watched an unboxing and the insert that comes outside the game case says Ultimate edition stuff while the 1 inside the case says Warhorse and Outlaw survival kit.

Does anyone know if I trade in my Xbox today for the deal (but I don't buy red dead) and then return it unopened tomorrow, will I get my $250 and the $250 credit?

If so, I could get any Xbox one x I want (fallout system) tomorrow and do the red Dead deal then. Any reason that wouldn't work?
I saw a reddit comment that said "traded in xbox one s for $250 towards the $500 xbox one x with sod2. then immediately returned it for $500 towards the fallout 76 xbox one x that's $500. Then bought rdr2 so that I get the game and basically $40 off an xbox one x purchase. so in essence I got sod2, fo76, rdr2, and the robot white xbox one x all for $200"

no idea if it's confirmed though.

edit: i'd like to try but I can't until Sunday. Does the deal run until the end of the day Sunday?

edit 2: found the comment chain on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9rdxtn/deal_upgrade_your_og_xbox_one_or_xbox_one_s_to_an/e8ghtb0/

Do you get $300 for trading in an X for an X? I ask because I've been having issues with mine and would like to get rid of it before it dies on me, plus I wouldn't mind having the white X.

Is GS getting ready for a trade promo? Mario Od and Zelda for Switch just dropped in TIV ($25 ---> $22). No mention of a bump this month either.

Return/rebuy is YMMV.
They're SUPPOSED to do it but it depends how cool the person you're dealing with is. I already asked one employee and he said it was "sketchy". Keep in mind that ultimately all deals/returns are at their discretion.

My local gamestop was agree to possible stacking on the Console trade in and RDR2 purchase specials pending what the cash register wants to do lol. We’ll see in a few days.
It has to be the specific console SKU of the black console with no game inside it (State of Decay 2 prints digitally on receipt.) No other XB1X SKU gets the system trade bump.

Any new XB1 console gets the $100 off w/RDR 2 purchase, but only the specific one described above gets the bump on the system trade in.

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here, but why would you buy Red Dead for 60 and then trade it in for 30+10 cert?
To get the $100 off the X1X. You don't have to trade it in, you could probably sell it. Scenario I listed is "worse case scenario" cost for an Xbox one x. You could potentially knock off another $20 from what I had listed, if you were able to sell it on Craiglist or Facebook for $50.

I don't think it's a bad deal, or requires all that much work (like everybody else made it out to be). If you have no tax, and sell red dead, that's only like $425 for all that stuff.

Return/rebuy is YMMV.
They're SUPPOSED to do it but it depends how cool the person you're dealing with is. I already asked one employee and he said it was "sketchy". Keep in mind that ultimately all deals/returns are at their discretion.
May I ask, say I trade in my One S for $250 toward the X. Three days later, I return the unopened X to another GameStop. What credit would I receive? Thanks!

It goes to that page on the Microsoft Store for whatever reason when you redeem. If you look under it's individual details in your My Games and Apps, you'll have the game and 3 downloads underneath listed pre order, special edition, ultimate edition.

Also from what I can tell no flips from Redbox to GameStop. The newest game available to buy is Sea of Thieves but base TIV is $12 and costs $20 to buy from Redbox still.

May I ask, say I trade in my One S for $250 toward the X. Three days later, I return the unopened X to another GameStop. What credit would I receive? Thanks!
As someone else said YMMV but if you're going to do that then you better get a gift receipt on the original system you got via the trade in. The minute they see you're receipt with the SoD 2 code on it they will sense something is up.

There's a reason MS is only allowing the bump on that SKU that has their game included.

Same thing for me, but I think it's the right content. I honestly am not too worried about it. I wanted the Ultimate Edition for the steelbook stuff and will probably barely play Red Dead Online anyway.

Anyone know if the $5 extra for Switch games is still applying today?
Pretty sure that offer has ended.

Traded my OG Xbox One I had in the closet and was able to get a XB1X + RDR2 for $259 + $40 Taxes.

Manager was aware of the deal, but it only works on the base XB1X. State of Decay 2 code was on the receipt.

Glad work let me hook it up, run updates, and install RDR2. It took over 2 hours to install RDR2.

I saw a reddit comment that said "traded in xbox one s for $250 towards the $500 xbox one x with sod2. then immediately returned it for $500 towards the fallout 76 xbox one x that's $500. Then bought rdr2 so that I get the game and basically $40 off an xbox one x purchase. so in essence I got sod2, fo76, rdr2, and the robot white xbox one x all for $200"

no idea if it's confirmed though.

edit: i'd like to try but I can't until Sunday. Does the deal run until the end of the day Sunday?

edit 2: found the comment chain on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9rdxtn/deal_upgrade_your_og_xbox_one_or_xbox_one_s_to_an/e8ghtb0/
Thanks for this. I will give it a shot.

This "pay $20 less for any new game" gimmick is absolutely disgusting. Make trades great again, Gamestop.
In all fairness, Gamestop's business model is to prey upon young children, idiot teenagers, and ignorant adults...they don't really want informed customers that only make savvy trades/purchases...

As did I but it was still reported to be working yesterday so I was hoping that trend continued.
Why not just call a store and ask them to do a dummy trade transaction for you? A PUR account isn't required for the bonus $. So it shouldn't be a problem for them to check.

When I went at 10:15 this morning to pick up my copy of RDR2 there were already 6 people trading consoles in. Luckily they had two employees ringing up so One was taking care of that and the other handled regular transactions.

Huh, I was just checking the TIVs for an Xbox One S and the 500GB is trading in for $175 credit. 

It was $105 just like three days ago.

Damn I'm sad $35 is all I'm gonna be able to get for my NSW trades, but I guess I should take it while I can. Looks like GS is running stealth tanks now so it's only a matter of time until values suck more.

I've been saying this for awhile too. One of the first real clues they were actively clamping down on things was when they cut all the Switch values just as a trade promo started. That's a flag that they are targeting specific things.
There was that one day where you could get almost $50 for Madden but yeah outside of that it’s been rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back