2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
it just means you get $20 trade for the game that is then applied to the full retail price of the game your picking up. Just more gamestop sneaky wording.
This has to be the most retarded "promo" they've ever had. AFAIK the TIV you get for "eligible" games is the same regardless of whether you trade towards a new game or not.

This has to be the most retarded "promo" they've ever had. AFAIK the TIV you get for "eligible" games is the same regardless of whether you trade towards a new game or not.
Gamestop’s target consumer doesn’t realize this and thinks they are getting a deal...so both sides are happy with the transaction.

There is no deal and the $20 TIV isn’t good to begin with.

Gamestop’s target consumer doesn’t realize this and thinks they are getting a deal...so both sides are happy with the transaction.

I only see the $20 value worth it is it’s a $40 game or you got it from elsewhere to flip.

The only people that read the ad or wait on pins and needles to see the new deals...is this site. So the people that frequent this board is their target audience? Soccer mom's, 'idiot's, the clueless, suckers, morons...I could go on but please let me know who else drops everything and waits till midnight to see the next trade in deal. You are taking a shot at someone. So who is it?

it just means you get $20 trade for the game that is then applied to the full retail price of the game your picking up. Just more gamestop sneaky wording.
Nope. I don't think that's true. If you go to the trade in page and click on view details for that offer, it will take you to eligible games and there are only 94 of them. There are big titles there and also some head scratching titles. When you select Spider-Man PS4 from the lousy it shows the trade in value as $25 for non pro members.

I don't know exactly how the deal works but I just don't see them advertising to give $20 for a game then also showing a $25 trade value.

Nope. I don't think that's true. If you go to the trade in page and click on view details for that offer, it will take you to eligible games and there are only 94 of them. There are big titles there and also some head scratching titles. When you select Spider-Man PS4 from the lousy it shows the trade in value as $25 for non pro members.

I don't know exactly how the deal works but I just don't see them advertising to give $20 for a game then also showing a $25 trade value.
It's basically stating that any of the games on that list will net you a minimum of $20 dollars towards your purchase. While yes, a bunch are definitely higher than 20 some are definitely boosted to the 20 buck trade value.

I bought some games online and decided I didn't want them (didn't open them). Right now, it is easier for me to return stuff online rather than going to the store, so I called and tried to setup a return. The rep told me he could only refund the price of the items without tax. I've never heard that, and I just had a refund on an order a couple weeks ago and that didn't happen. What is GS trying to pull here?

The only people that read the ad or wait on pins and needles to see the new deals...is this site. So the people that frequent this board is their target audience? Soccer mom's, 'idiot's, the clueless, suckers, morons...I could go on but please let me know who else drops everything and waits till midnight to see the next trade in deal. You are taking a shot at someone. So who is it?
I’m not sure I follow, but anyone dealseeking is not their target audience. You pretty much nailed their target audience in your comment though.

It is a banner on the GS website main trade in page...dealseeking not required.
Really...yet the question of 'Can someone please explain said deal to me?' Has popped up over and over in this thread. You should be thankful for people keeping it in business...where would you go on Friday and Saturday nights.

Lordy, I've been looking through all the last gen TIVs that tanked, and what a massacre. Some got gutted by half, including some rarities. I had given up on waiting for a trade promo and was going to unload my stash of pawn shop and Facebook finds, but at this point I've got nothing to lose from holding onto them a few more weeks, or putting them on eBay.

Has anyone noticed funds being taken or trade credit/gift cards and place on hold? I was randomly checking my trade credit in the app and $50 mysteriously was taken out. I called customer service and they said there was a hold placed on my card, but they couldn't provide any additional information because it was still pending and didn't actually go through.....Luckily, they released the funds with no issue. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue? And before you ask, no i did not have any preorders pending. 

Here's the fine print on the pay $20 less deal .....

Purchase value is net after application of eligible trade item. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Boy, reading this thread about dropping values and waiting for bonuses is a real bummer.

There's something about any type of discounts in the video game retail world that has absolutely spooked retailers, physical and online. Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop - each put out their own somewhat strong efforts to entice buyers and then either they get a call from an accountant or something similar and the programs are cut.

Maybe we are just in a weird spot in between console generations too, I don't know. Thoughts & Prayers for some promos soon. 

The $5 extra for NSW trades is still active as of 10 minutes ago for those asking. No clue when it ends

Did anyone else get 30% off coupons for Madden and FIFA 19 in their active offers? It's for new copies and they expire 11/8/18. Don't rightly know how I got them unless it's just a random offer.

Did anyone else get 30% off coupons for Madden and FIFA 19 in their active offers? It's for new copies and they expire 11/8/18. Don't rightly know how I got them unless it's just a random offer.
I got one for Madden. Don't remember the last time I bought Madden and I've never bought FIFA.

I heard there is a 50% off coupon on clearance games? How do i get that? Sorry i haven't shopped on gamestop in like 2 years.

Managed to get the State of Decay 2 copy by calling the support number and telling them I bought a xbox one x that didn't come with a code for the game.

my experience today was that buying Red Dead Redemption at the same time resulted in having the SoD code NOT print.  Returning the console and rebuying the same one made the code print.  I'm guessing it was treating it as 2 separate promos and only applying the "better" of the two, but who knows.

I traded a PS4 pro for an x and picked up rdr, that receipt had the sod2 code. A few hours later I returned and rebought the x while trading in a one s, that receipt did not have the sod2 code.

It’s been awhile since I have traded or shopped at GameStop. They are offering $175 credit for an Xbox one S and I never use mine. However I have no use for GameStop credit, can I use the credit to buy gift cards to other places? Like food, eBay, Steam, etc?

Well my experience was terrible yesterday I tried to trade-in my Xbox One and no store within 100 miles had just the regular Black Xbox One X. So they wouldn’t let us apply the promo to the bundles they had for the white one. They had plenty of the S but I wanted the X so my wife complained to corporate about our experience.

They wanted to just do the regular trade-in and the Red Dead deal to only get $225 off instead of $300 so we didn’t go for that.

Well my experience was terrible yesterday I tried to trade-in my Xbox One and no store within 100 miles had just the regular Black Xbox One X. So they wouldn’t let us apply the promo to the bundles they had for the white one. They had plenty of the S but I wanted the X so my wife complained to corporate about our experience.

They wanted to just do the regular trade-in and the Red Dead deal to only get $225 off instead of $300 so we didn’t go for that.
They could have just done a web-in-store order with your trade and had a regular X shipped to you. Those are still in stock online. They also have the power to manually adjust the trade credit for the trade if that WIS didn't automatically add the trade boost.

Why would you feel entitled to the discount on an item that isn't involved in the promotion? If everyone has a coupon for $3 bucks off a box of cheerios then 1. I wouldn't be surprised if stores run out of stock on Cheerios and 2. I wouldn't then expect the cheerio coupon to work on frosted flakes if it was specifically only for cheerios. because that would be silly.

Why would you feel entitled to the discount on an item that isn't involved in the promotion? If everyone has a coupon for $3 bucks off a box of cheerios then 1. I wouldn't be surprised if stores run out of stock on Cheerios and 2. I wouldn't then expect the cheerio coupon to work on frosted flakes if it was specifically only for cheerios. because that would be silly.
It IS surprising all GameStops in nearly the entire DFW area ran out of X1X standards in a matter of 36 hours, when most stores started with 20-40 on Wednesday. Also, they can order web-in-store for a customer, which were in stock.

And cheerios to frosted flakes isn't really the same as one new X1X console to a second new X1X console at the same price. I mean, it's easy enough to return and rebuy a different bundled X1X anyway. Gamestop just didn't want to sell anymore X1X consoles with the trade boost. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't mean to run the RDR2 and the trade-in promo simultaneously. So yeah, it is pretty silly.

If it's any consolation, this is a great deal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-X-1TB-PUBG-Bundle-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4/123438522097?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have this one on order. It is tax free and ships free. I am planning to sell Black Ops 4 and the packed-in controller. I am in the process of selling my One S, so I think this meets or beats this gamestop deal. The only thing that is different is that I probably won't get $225 or $250 from my One S, but the tax free makes up for that. And selling those 2 items, I feel, make it better. I have an Elite controller and an extra black controller so I can safely sell this one. Hope this helps!

This is 100% misleading. I worked at a grocery store in college for a couple years. We would at the very least give a rain check. Some stores might even offer a substitute or give a free version of the store brand.

It’s been awhile since I have traded or shopped at GameStop. They are offering $175 credit for an Xbox one S and I never use mine. However I have no use for GameStop credit, can I use the credit to buy gift cards to other places? Like food, eBay, Steam, etc?
I noticed your question hadn't been answered yet. I don't trade in as often as others, but I think Amazon and EBay might be the only gift cards that people aren't allowed to use trade credit to buy. I could be wrong, but I've bought Burger King and gaming gifts cards with it this year.

I noticed your question hadn't been answered yet. I don't trade in as often as others, but I think Amazon and EBay might be the only gift cards that people aren't allowed to use trade credit to buy. I could be wrong, but I've bought Burger King and gaming gifts cards with it this year.
I'll add that you can't buy pre-paid credit cards or gas cards. I think everything else is fair game.

Got the bonus 5,000 points from pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption on Pro Day a few months ago.
How long did it take to get the credit?

That is the only thing I’m missing from my GS RDR2 deal.

I preordered the game on Thursday from Gs and then decided to just do the x1x and RDR2 deal together. I upgraded to rewards pro at the same time and knew I’d be getting the $10 bonus rewards.

My rewards app shows my game and console purchase only.

How long did it take to get the credit?

That is the only thing I’m missing from my GS RDR2 deal.

I preordered the game on Thursday from Gs and then decided to just do the x1x and RDR2 deal together. I upgraded to rewards pro at the same time and knew I’d be getting the $10 bonus rewards.

My rewards app shows my game and console purchase only.
You had to have had pre-ordered the game specifically on the last Pro Day.

But would the coupon work on honey nut Cheerios?

Has anyone had luck with the trade select games get $20 off new promotion? I'm thinking of trading in xenoblade 2 from the list for $30 elite and getting Red Dead 2 new on PS4. I have a couple other games to make up the $10 assuming my math is correct on the promos but we'll see if GS tries to screw me. 

Has anyone had luck with the trade select games get $20 off new promotion? I'm thinking of trading in xenoblade 2 from the list for $30 elite and getting Red Dead 2 new on PS4. I have a couple other games to make up the $10 assuming my math is correct on the promos but we'll see if GS tries to screw me.
You'll only get $35 for Xenoblade 2 after Elite + $5 bonus on Switch games--the $20 promo doesn't mean you'll get an additional $20 added to the post-Elite value.

Drove an hour north for the last xbox one x to trade up for....
Some guy was buying it as i walked in the door. The guy on the phone said they couldnt hold it for me which is funny because you can hold shit online and ive never had trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back