2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
...and yet ANOTHER week of no real trade promos. I think I’m just about done with GS at this point. They’ve obviously chosen to go in another direction.
I'm becoming more mindful of my GS spending, as my GC balance isn't super high. Also I have a stack of PS4 and Wii u games that are essentially worthless now too, that I was hoping to boomerang from previous b2g1 sales. Dun goofed buying those games with the expectation I could make some quick credit (knew I should have stuck to switch games, but I was being stupid).

I was in a Gamestop yesterday and the associate says there is a chance they will bring Elite Pro back. He said it was super popular but they were losing too much (or were not making as much) money. He says after tinkering with the rules they will bring it back. He says this is coming from emails from corporate.

I was in a Gamestop yesterday and the associate says there is a chance they will bring Elite Pro back. He said it was super popular but they were losing too much (or were not making as much) money. He says after tinkering with the rules they will bring it back. He says this is coming from emails from corporate.
That's interesting. I guess they might cut free 2-day shipping (which never lived up to its promise, from my personal experience, as it always took 3-5 business days in reality) and provide 15%-ish bonus to trade-ins and preowned's. My fear is that they might apply such rule to us existing Elite Pro members... That'll truly be maddening.

That's interesting. I guess they might cut free 2-day shipping (which never lived up to its promise, from my personal experience, as it always took 3-5 business days in reality) and provide 15%-ish bonus to trade-ins and preowned's. My fear is that they might apply such rule to us existing Elite Pro members... That'll truly be maddening.
Sad thing is, even if they bring it back it'll still be useless if values stay in the gutter with no trade promos. Hopefully they do call it something else and don't force existing members into it.

i wonder how that would work for elite pro members whose membership hasn't expired yet. if i don't like the new elite pro rules, i hope i can cancel w/refund due to change of terms.

At this point I don't even care about promos, I just need the TIVs to go back to where they were six days ago. The first party Wii games I have may be the exception to my no eBay policy - those and NCAA Football 14 since it's in season.
fuck I thought Monster Jam Path of Destruction and Kirby's Return to Dreamland were safe. It's a surprise NCAA Football 14 stayed at the same TIV. I need these all back at $20 base TIV. I can't sit on these forever. Last gen games TIV are so unpredictable.

fuck I thought Monster Jam Path of Destruction and Kirby's Return to Dreamland were safe. It's a surprise NCAA Football 14 stayed at the same TIV. I need these all back at $20 base TIV. I can't sit on these forever. Last gen games TIV are so unpredictable.
They may be trying to clear out the older gen systems, but I do hope that TIVs go back up.

They may be trying to clear out the older gen systems, but I do hope that TIVs go back up.
That's right new gen systems are around the corner. They need to make room. This is my fault since I decided to wait for an extra 70% but who knows if there's going to be another one.

It's college football season, and unless EA decides to dust off the license again, I could see NCAA 14 staying valuable every fall for the foreseeable future.

It's my own fault for being greedy, but with Kohl's now carrying Legos AND younger kid's toys, I could knock out just about everyone in my family Christmas-wise, even the non-gamers. That said, unless they gut the actual sale prices of these games, I'll hold on for a bit.

Honestly, the last gen mainstays have stayed relatively the same for a couple of years now, so at this point I consider them akin to stocks - usually they recover. That said, with the next consoles likely starting to get teased next year, I'm done taking chances.

It's college football season, and unless EA decides to dust off the license again, I could see NCAA 14 staying valuable every fall for the foreseeable future.

It's my own fault for being greedy, but with Kohl's now carrying Legos AND younger kid's toys, I could knock out just about everyone in my family Christmas-wise, even the non-gamers. That said, unless they gut the actual sale prices of these games, I'll hold on for a bit.

Honestly, the last gen mainstays have stayed relatively the same for a couple of years now, so at this point I consider them akin to stocks - usually they recover. That said, with the next consoles likely starting to get teased next year, I'm done taking chances.
EA is barred from making NCAA football games as part of the settlement from a lawsuit filed by former and then current players. It was because the players said that EA was using their likenesses in the games without their permission. I guess it was an issue for a while and it and the players finally decided to sue EA a few years ago.

EA is barred from making NCAA football games as part of the settlement from a lawsuit filed by former and then current players. It was because the players said that EA was using their likenesses in the games without their permission. I guess it was an issue for a while and it and the players finally decided to sue EA a few years ago.
Crap, that's right - I had forgotten that was the reason the games stopped being made.

Decided to ditch my OG X1 @ $125 tiv. I really don't think it's ever going to get much higher than this without some promo. I got the 2k19 1S and Red Dead 2 and with some credit sitting around I got a new 1S, 2K19, and Red Dead 2 special edition for like $50 out of pocket.

Thought about waiting for a Black Friday deal but I couldn't pass this up.

I think if they bring back elite pro the extra 10% bonus will no longer apply to electronics, especially phones. the guy at the local gamestop said they were losing alot of money people taking the cash option on phones.

I think if they bring back elite pro the extra 10% bonus will no longer apply to electronics, especially phones. the guy at the local gamestop said they were losing alot of money people taking the cash option on phones.
Such an odd choice. If electronics are fair game, so should consoles for the 10%/20% bonus.

When does the pubg controller come out I see they got them on sale this week. I’d want to use the $10 certificate from red dead on it but none are around me.

Pretty sure they’re not barred; rather they’d have to pay all the players for using their likeness. Since there’s no NCAA players union it would be prohibitively expensive and time consuming to negotiate individual contracts.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it back. I also could see Best Buy bringing back the Gamers Club with several tweaks to how it works. Sadly these programs will never be what they were.

Quick Question: I just bought Octopath Traveler preowned used using a $10 reward cert. If I return it within 7 days, do I get the reward cert back?

Quick Question: I just bought Octopath Traveler preowned used using a $10 reward cert. If I return it within 7 days, do I get the reward cert back?
Your best bet is to try to go in when manager is there and see if they will let you exchange it for something else at the same or higher price point

Your best bet is to try to go in when manager is there and see if they will let you exchange it for something else at the same or higher price point
Thanks. Follow up question: I bought Octopath because I am 99% sure that unless I get there at opening, it would have been scooped up on pro-day. Assuming they let me return and re-buy, can I assume Octopath would be treated as a 39.99 game dues to the reward cert? not a 49.99 game?

Thanks. Follow up question: I bought Octopath because I am 99% sure that unless I get there at opening, it would have been scooped up on pro-day. Assuming they let me return and re-buy, can I assume Octopath would be treated as a 39.99 game dues to the reward cert? not a 49.99 game?
Think of the reward cert as a coupon that has no value. It only discounts a price. You will only get back the money you actually paid for the item. So don’t expect to regain that value in a return/exchange scenario.

How does the buy 2 get 1 coupon work in conjunction with a power up rewards $x discount coupon?

For example, if I had 2 50 dollar used games I wanted to get, and wanted to apply a $15 off used coupon, would that lower the effective value of one game (so my max free game would be $35) or does it essentially function as a gift card and my free game could be up to $50 as well?

How does the buy 2 get 1 coupon work in conjunction with a power up rewards $x discount coupon?

For example, if I had 2 50 dollar used games I wanted to get, and wanted to apply a $15 off used coupon, would that lower the effective value of one game (so my max free game would be $35) or does it essentially function as a gift card and my free game could be up to $50 as well?
Doesn't it apply to the third game? I think the best way to use it is to buy a $45 item, and 2 $30 items, and it'll end up being $60 total. At least, that's how I remember it working.

The pur cert will apply to the highest priced qualifying item. So the best way to combine them, for example, is using a cert to bring down the price of one game close to the price of the other two.

Pretty sure they’re not barred; rather they’d have to pay all the players for using their likeness. Since there’s no NCAA players union it would be prohibitively expensive and time consuming to negotiate individual contracts.
Didn't know they still had the heavily expensive option of making them again if they paid the players. I agree that would not be a good call from a financial and logistics standpoint. Maybe that's why other publishers/developers haven't pursued making NCAA FB games.

Has anyone had luck getting complete PS2 games from Gamestop?

I purchased a whole bunch and a lot came with cover art (most in generic cases), but none with manuals.

Gamecube and xbox games don't come with art often, but they seem to never have manuals either.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten lucky.

Why? There isn't b2g1 on pro day.

Has anyone had luck getting complete PS2 games from Gamestop?

I purchased a whole bunch and a lot came with cover art (most in generic cases), but none with manuals.

Gamecube and xbox games don't come with art often, but they seem to never have manuals either.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten lucky.
You don't seriously think any PS2, GCN, or OG XBOX games sold by GS would come the original case, let alone both that and the manual, do you?

Anyways, GS threw out all of their cases and manuals for those platforms many many years ago. You may get one but in no way should you even think about it happening.

I got a small question.  I biought 4 games for 20 deal, 3 i want one i want to exchange.  unfotunely, one of the game I want to keep  have p price raise overnight so I can't do the return and rebuy thing.  will they let me return 3 of the game for 12 and return them again as 4?

You don't seriously think any PS2, GCN, or OG XBOX games sold by GS would come the original case, let alone both that and the manual, do you?

Anyways, GS threw out all of their cases and manuals for those platforms many many years ago. You may get one but in no way should you even think about it happening.
Yes, I seriously think that 10 of the 13 PS2 games I ordered came with the artwork. But none came with manuals.

Just thought it was weird.

And No, Gamestop didn't just throw away the cases for the older games, they threw out the games too.

All the PS2 stuff comes from trade-ins within the past couple months.

If you go into a store you can ask them about any Retro stuff that they may have gotten in during the week, they don't put it out on the floor because "technically" they already have a buyer for them when they ship them out to the Warehouse every Sunday but they will let you buy them. They mark every Retro trade in as defective even though they aren't. So every week you have until Sunday to ask about them and buy them if you want.

Trying to complete the Epic Quest is almost impossible with these low trade values. Can't find anything that sells for $15+ and trades in for $10+ that isn't a huge loss. 

Trying to complete the Epic Quest is almost impossible with these low trade values. Can't find anything that sells for $15+ and trades in for $10+ that isn't a huge loss.
I'm thinking the same thing :( I'm not going to take $10+ hits just to earn the coupon at the end of the quest. It doesn't help that a lot of the TIV's right now are lower than they have been in months.

Looks like the bump for the most wanted games took effect.  Decided to dump the 2 Dragon Quest DS games that were on there, getting an extra $5.50 and use it towards the 4 for $20 X1 games.   Figured they'd just collect dust and no other store would take them since they're cart only, so just got rid of them.

I was going to trade in the switch games I got during the last b2g1 prestige deal, but I would only be getting like $5 profit/game. And that was with the $5 switch coupon. There's no trade promos, so I may end up having to let the coupon go to waste.

Looks like the bump for the most wanted games took effect. Decided to dump the 2 Dragon Quest DS games that were on there, getting an extra $5.50 and use it towards the 4 for $20 X1 games. Figured they'd just collect dust and no other store would take them since they're cart only, so just got rid of them.
None of the Switch games I'm holding got the bump. What is up with that?

Anyone know if you can use GameStop Reward certificates on game currency cards (specifically Playstation Network), or if not, can you buy digital games in-store with Reward certificates (specifically Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe on Playstation 4)?

Anyone know if you can use GameStop Reward certificates on game currency cards (specifically Playstation Network), or if not, can you buy digital games in-store with Reward certificates (specifically Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe on Playstation 4)?

Yes, you can, in-store.

Question:  If a transaction doesn't show up on my PUR account is there a recommended way to get them to add it?

Story:  I'm trying to do the Epic Quest thing and did the required trade-in back on 10/29.  That transaction still doesn't show on my account and I haven't received any emails about completing that portion of the quest.  However, a second transaction from later that same day and one from 10/31 both registered correctly and show on my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back