2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was denied a return for a new unopened game today. ASM working told me that the 30 days policy only apply to unopened new accessories and its only 7 days for new unopened games.

Is this something new or was she lying? Btw I still had my original receipt, purchased this about 2 wks ago...

I was denied a return for a new unopened game today. ASM working told me that the 30 days policy only apply to unopened new accessories and its only 7 days for new unopened games.

Is this something new or was she lying? Btw I still had my original receipt, purchased this about 2 wks ago...
Annihilate her on a survey. The return policy is on the receipt and clearly states unopened merchandise.

Also GS killed elite pro free shipping? Only shipping i see now is a 5-14 piece of trash. Wtf

DisGonnaBeGood said:
Boom there. No cryptic BS. Inb4 "this is how deals are killed".
This is how deals are killed

There is a mole in this thread, and every single day now, it’s been confirmed they are dropping and adjusting values on a daily basis

Annihilate her on a survey. The return policy is on the receipt and clearly states unopened merchandise.

Also GS killed elite pro free shipping? Only shipping i see now is a 5-14 piece of trash. Wtf
Free Two Day shipping just worked for me with a switch game and the CAG16 coupon.

For anyone getting Pokémon Let’s Go, the guide is 40% off at $14.99 at Amazon right now. Great price!

Posted this on the Nintendo thread, but just in case you don’t follow that one...

Thank you for the feedback guys. Don't remember the guy saying "well replace it with a used model". I'll give them a call.
Went to reddit last night and didnt see anything about others getting pre-owned units just that if they get a replacement, GS has to have the unit in stock else they have to send you to another store or wait for stock thus my q about pre-ordering. BTW the reason I mentioned the new bundle is because it has the same monetary value as the ps4 pro? ($400)
Well thanks. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few weeks! Whatever the case I know I'm covered for a replacement.
Hi guys. Just an update. The guys at my GS were super friendly and easy to work with. Anyways they didn't have the black ps4 pro on hand but they did have the read dead 2 pro bundle so they gave me that as a replacement. Pretty sure that's how it works...they give you a new unit if you have a defective one with their 2 year extended warranty.

So I got lucky for getting the bundle version with the game. Super happy and why I give gs my business. Will buy the RE2 collectors from them when it comes out.

There is a mole in this thread, and every single day now, it’s been confirmed they are dropping and adjusting values on a daily basis
This site is trash now. So what's even the point of this thread? It's become dumbos asking the same stupid questions over and over

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Or Gamestop adjust their values based on their analytics / stats of their systems when people trade.

You really think Gamestop is spending most of their time checking this thread when they already have systems to check and maintain their values. No offense to CAG (or any site) but companies have resources for these things and it isn't some website not associated with their registers and computers.

Now I'm not saying there aren't any GS associates that lurks these sites, but you guys conspiracy theory on them being why values drop instead of GS tracking these things with their own systems is out there.

Even with Spider Man Wii U. Is it not out of the norm that you guys post that it's a good trade value, a bunch of people are all of a sudden trading in a bunch of copies of a game they don't normally get, and than GS gets an alert to it and drops the value. But ignore that, they must stalk this thread for that information.

Or Gamestop adjust their values based on their analytics / stats of their systems when people trade.

You really think Gamestop is spending most of their time checking this thread when they already have systems to check and maintain their values. No offense to CAG (or any site) but companies have resources for these things and it isn't some website not associated with their registers and computers.

Now I'm not saying there aren't any GS associates that lurks these sites, but you guys conspiracy theory on them being why values drop instead of GS tracking these things with their own systems is out there.

Even with Spider Man Wii U. Is it not out of the norm that you guys post that it's a good trade value, a bunch of people are all of a sudden trading in a bunch of copies of a game they don't normally get, and than GS gets an alert to it and drops the value. But ignore that, they must stalk this thread for that information.
I don't want to even give credence to the possibility that there is somebody higher than a store-level employee that visits this site, as it's always seemed like a stupid theory that seemed to be perpetuated by BB.

The reason programs like GCU are gone is because they aren't profitable. Best Buy was losing money with GCU. Video games do not have much of a profit margin and GCU killed what little profit they'd make on a game sale. The idea of GCU was to get people into Best Buy stores to buy games and hopefully also pick up some other things when stopping in.

Gamestop has the trade-in market cornered as well. Amazon, Best Buy, and others to buy and sell used games to an extent, but they can't compete with Gamestop in terms of promotions and sheer volume offered in Gamestop compared to others.

A lot of people are going digital now and that's great, but for me I can't bring myself to spend $60 on a game that I can't display on my shelf or sell later if I want to. If digital were a bit cheaper though I'd maybe reconsider in some cases. I know I'd love to have Blackout (that's the name to me now) digital so I didn't have to swap discs, but I was able to get the game physically for like $8 after trading in a couple of games.
Split the cost with a sibbling or someone you're cool with.

My bro and I split digital purchases. So we both paid 30 for rdr2. We also split the cost of ps plus.

Ok if you are so smart, why are all game values trash? Even the most hard to find and sought after games?

Why are Some of the most rare PS3, 360, and Wii games are all worth the same value of $6 or $7 dollars now? Did their analytics do that?

And the main issue with Spider-Man isn’t ITS trade value. Smh

Ok if you are so smart, why are all game values trash? Even the most hard to find and sought after games?

Why are Some of the most rare PS3, 360, and Wii games are all worth the same value of $6 or $7 dollars now? Did their analytics do that?

Lol, is this a serious question. Values are low b/c GS base doesn't care about values. They want to get rid of their games. Most people hear low values at the time of trade in and still trade it in. GS wants to make money, so low values help with that.

Some games are worth a higher value to get people to trade it in so they can sell it at a higher price later. This is the case with many rare GameCube or pokemon games. $20 TIV for Pokemon HeartGold but sell it used for $55. It's very basic.

Did you really need me to answer this? It's obvious why most values are low and a few are high.

Probably due to the fact that what customer base is still purchasing LAST GEN titles in their stores? Its a very basic and clear to understand business model. Why would you give a high value on something that could potentially sit and rot on the shelf for 6 months before it sells if it sells at all. During that time the market changes, even less people are buying last gen games and even more people have upgraded to the current generation of games/systems. PS3, 360, and Wii aren't what I would consider the Retro hotness. If that's all the family can afford to have to begin with, they most likely are going to get several cheaper titles than 1 expensive title as well.

We really don't need to over complicate things. Gamestop has a very basic business model and being upset that they are now protecting their bottom line profit margin is just ridiculous. Like Vince McMahon would say "It's what's best for business".

They are phasing out last gen. PS4 & Xbox One will be "last gen" in 1.5-2 years and completely replace 360, wii, and PS3 sections. This is not a surprise. We are lucky they held onto Wii stock for as long as they did. This is how the business works.

I gotta say, normally whenever asks some serious question like this (especially with Gamestop) they ended up being hateful, and a bunch of people come out with "Gamestop suck because trade value REEEEE" but this has been the absolute most civil "disagreement" I've read on here. Thanks for reminding me of my business class!

They are phasing out last gen. PS4 & Xbox One will be "last gen" in 1.5-2 years and completely replace 360, wii, and PS3 sections. This is not a surprise. We are lucky they held onto Wii stock for as long as they did. This is how the business works.
Trade values suck but im taking advantage of the purchase promos to complete my collection.

Lol, is this a serious question. Values are low b/c GS base doesn't care about values. They want to get rid of their games. Most people hear low values at the time of trade in and still trade it in. GS wants to make money, so low values help with that.

Some games are worth a higher value to get people to trade it in so they can sell it at a higher price later. This is the case with many rare GameCube or pokemon games. $20 TIV for Pokemon HeartGold but sell it used for $55. It's very basic.

Did you really need me to answer this? It's obvious why most values are low and a few are high.
You did not answer my original question whatsoever.

I KNOW how GameStop’s business model works, you stated that GameStop uses a system to drop trade values based on supply, or stock, and the reason we have low values is becuase they have X amount of games.

As we can see this is not the case, as games current or last gen received drops of at a minimum close to 50% of its last value across the board whether it’s common or Rare

I stand by my earlier statement that this was a calculated move.

You did not answer my original question whatsoever.

I KNOW how GameStop’s business model works, you stated that GameStop uses a system to drop trade values based on supply, or stock, and the reason we have low values is becuase they have X amount of games.

As we can see this is not the case, as games current or last gen received drops of at a minimum close to 50% of its last value across the board whether it’s common or Rare

I stand by my earlier statement that this was a calculated move.
But computers and algorithms excel in “calculated” moves.

(I’m squarely in the algorithm camp, not the mole camp)

I figure it's both but like 25/75 mole to algorithm.
Someone here watches the board and when something crazy pops, they alert someone.
If the values drop, I agree that the base doesn't care for a variety of reasons.
Throw in a little Pareto rule and I can easily see this board being a factor in losses.

But computers and algorithms excel in “calculated” moves.

(I’m squarely in the algorithm camp, not the mole camp)
You know what I mean. This was planned. It’s not a coincidence all his happened during the release of RDR2

I take it doc doesn’t have a Ph.D from a business school. 😂
My education far exceeds yours

Trust me

I figure it's both but like 25/75 mole to algorithm.
Someone here watches the board and when something crazy pops, they alert someone.
If the values drop, I agree that the base doesn't care for a variety of reasons.
Throw in a little Pareto rule and I can easily see this board being a factor in losses.
Great observation

I would actually blame the way people went about exploiting the trade promos then I would a mole.
I wouldn't blame anyone. It's standard procedure for Gamestop to lower and raise TIV based on supply and demand. Sure, people exploiting trade promos certainly affects this in several cases. A good example is when PvZ Garden Warfare 2 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 had high TIVs and were both readily available at Best Buy for less with GCU. Gamestop gets a bunch of a specific game traded in then they are going to lower the TIV pretty quickly unless it's a brand new game that is selling like RDR2.

So, in short, there is no conspiracy and Gamestop is just simply trying to run a business and be profitable, which sometimes means that you won't get $40 in trade-credit for your Catherine CE for Xbox 360.

I wouldn't blame anyone. It's standard procedure for Gamestop to lower and raise TIV based on supply and demand. Sure, people exploiting trade promos certainly affects this in several cases. A good example is when PvZ Garden Warfare 2 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 had high TIVs and were both readily available at Best Buy for less with GCU. Gamestop gets a bunch of a specific game traded in then they are going to lower the TIV pretty quickly unless it's a brand new game that is selling like RDR2.

So, in short, there is no conspiracy and Gamestop is just simply trying to run a business and be profitable, which sometimes means that you won't get $40 in trade-credit for your Catherine CE for Xbox 360.
Oh no I completely agree that its just standard procedure I was just saying I would blame the way people would treat trade promos over that there is a "mole" conspiracy. I think a lot of people got spoiled on games trading in for example for $20 when GS was selling them for $30. Just like with GCU, Prime, Elite, etc it was good while it lasted.

Oh no I completely agree that its just standard procedure I was just saying I would blame the way people would treat trade promos over that there is a "mole" conspiracy. I think a lot of people got spoiled on games trading in for example for $20 when GS was selling them for $30. Just like with GCU, Prime, Elite, etc it was good while it lasted.
For sure. A lot of people seem to feel entitled to these values for some reason and when someone tries to logically explain anything to them they throw out how their "education far exceeds" someone else and that they are right.

I worked for Gamestop for about 7 years when I was younger and they do a lot of shady and questionable things for sure but at the end of the day, it's all with the intention of being a profitable business. Something they used to do pretty often too was take new stock of games that have gotten cheaper new but have gone up in price used due to being harder to find games. I specifically remember Shin Megami Tenshi: Nocturne being one of these games. The new copies were down to $19.99, but no store had them new because the stock was converted to used to be sold at $44.99, not sure if this is as commonplace with Gamestop nowadays, but I know they still do this with new stock but it seems like the used prices are a bit cheaper now with recent games like Yoku's Island Express and most of the new Vita games that have been converted over.

For sure. A lot of people seem to feel entitled to these values for some reason and when someone tries to logically explain anything to them they throw out how their "education far exceeds" someone else and that they are right.

I worked for Gamestop for about 7 years when I was younger and they do a lot of shady and questionable things for sure but at the end of the day, it's all with the intention of being a profitable business. Something they used to do pretty often too was take new stock of games that have gotten cheaper new but have gone up in price used due to being harder to find games. I specifically remember Shin Megami Tenshi: Nocturne being one of these games. The new copies were down to $19.99, but no store had them new because the stock was converted to used to be sold at $44.99, not sure if this is as commonplace with Gamestop nowadays, but I know they still do this with new stock but it seems like the used prices are a bit cheaper now with recent games like Yoku's Island Express and most of the new Vita games that have been converted over.
If you are going to mention me. Quote me. Don’t be a coward.

All I stated was that I believe this was a planned event. There has never been such a massive decrease in values across the board amongst so many games. This isn’t $2-$3 drops. These are drops that exceed $10 or more. And it happened during the weekend of a stealth increase. For me to hypothesize and what’s currently going on is literally what this thread is for...a GameStop Trade and discussion thread

I know how supply and demand works, and this isn’t correlating with that, So people questioning my intelligence or making slick comments will receive a rebuttal point blank.

stop it. Get some help
Funk if you don’t have anything beneficial to add to this discussion, please stay out of it...

And to think I’ll just let someone take a shot at me or my intelligence without a reply back is asinine.

can anyone point me to the boomerang list or ways to flip my monies into more

traded in my xb1s/ps4 for 250 each and have a 500$ ish value gift card.

recently I would purchase steam funds with it and flip csgo/pubg items but its not worth.

recently I would purchase steam funds with it and flip csgo/pubg items but its not worth.
Doc can definitely help you with this. He has a higher education than all of us and understands exactly how gamestop runs.

Your best bet is to wait until Pro day coming up this weekend. As of right now there aren’t any if at all flips in regards to software, not even when using a b2g1 due to the extremely low values.

The only “real flip” is amazing Spider-Man 1 for the Wii U. Buy it from GS used and trade at another store. It’s hard to find but may be prominent in your area, however I would capitalize on this today because tomorrow the increased values will drop

Your best bet is to wait until Pro day coming up this weekend. As of right now there aren’t any if at all flips in regards to software, not even when using a b2g1 due to the extremely low values.

The only “real flip” is amazing Spider-Man 1 for the Wii U. Buy it from GS used and trade at another store. It’s hard to find but may be prominent in your area, however I would capitalize on this today because tomorrow the increased values will drop
Wait the most wanted trades October 18 was Nov 3rd thru 5th? And everything besides a few Wii U games ranked?

will they have a great deal for an Xbox one X or wait till Black friday
while not specific, normally cool gs guy said there was going to be alot of great deals cause they're doing it the whole weekend, which has me optimistic, contrarily he said bf deals are supposed to be staggered timed releases, which doesn't make happy

Spidey dropped hard. There's no way that many copies got traded in to change the algorithm. Of course I just bought two copies that I'll have to eat, I guess.

Spidey dropped hard. There's no way that many copies got traded in to change the algorithm. Of course I just bought two copies that I'll have to eat, I guess.
There is future analysis as well. You have a real shitty system if you only account for what's currently happening instead of also predicting future outcome. I'm not saying that's the case here but GS likely drops values of new games around the same timeframe since they know people will trade in X game in Y time. Drop vlue, people trade in regardless of TIV, and they still sell that game for $54.99 used. You don't always wait for a bunch of people to take advantage of a high TIV before you drop it. It's an easy way to lose profits.

I know absolutely nothing but in my past experiences a buy 2 get 1 sale is approaching. that's usually the case when trade values drop hard

There is future analysis as well. You have a real shitty system if you only account for what's currently happening instead of also predicting future outcome. I'm not saying that's the case here but GS likely drops values of new games around the same timeframe since they know people will trade in X game in Y time. Drop vlue, people trade in regardless of TIV, and they still sell that game for $54.99 used.
I'm sure you're right. It just sucks they would drop it as soon as I bought 2 copies. Anyone want to buy a copy? Only $10!

Spider-Man is a fairly short and easy game. I got the plat in less than a week and I almost never get plats. It is easily beatable within a week so someone could buy it used, beat it and return it only paying for whatever they used in gas to play it.

I'm not surprised the TIV isn't great for it. The value will only drop harder with it being available in BF bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back