2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have trouble with transactions occasionally not show on your PUR history and not getting points?

Is it random or is there a cause?

Is there a fix or way to get a missing transaction added?

Thanks in advance!

Didn't a lot of people get free games though. Like For Honor, World of Final Fantasy, and some other stuff that GS screwed up the prices on shortly before black Friday. My stuff didn't ship, but I think I got 2 $10 rewards certs for the screw up.

Then there was the 4 for $10 online, around that same time, which came out to like $1 game I think it was.
Oh man that 4for$10 actually $1 deal... I added 72 games to my collection :p

I kinda wish I had a regular black or white PS4 Pro instead of the Spider-Man one. Was never a huge fan of branded consoles. Wondering how close I could get to an even trade for a new one.

Key thing to remember here is to pay by credit card if possible. GameStop has historically done a bad job on refunding trade credit or gift cards for canceled online purchases.
During last month's last gen b2g1 they canceled one of my orders for insufficient funds (because I used the same gift card on multiple orders, even though the card had enough for all orders). it took them almost two weeks to put the credit back on the card.
I recall similar stories from Gamestop BF last year.
Can't stress this enough. Use credit cards for online orders people.

Gamestop stole like 50$ trade credit from me a couple months ago due to insufficient funds

I kinda wish I had a regular black or white PS4 Pro instead of the Spider-Man one. Was never a huge fan of branded consoles. Wondering how close I could get to an even trade for a new one.
Sell it on your own for a profit/break even.

When did the holiday return period start? It's not on the receipt. I might just return all my flips. Waiting for tiv of return to dreamland and path of destruction to go back to $20 is killing me. I don't have a receipt for one of the sets. Can the store still return it to me?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

In the Pro ad it says "Save $200 on X1X/PS4Pro when trading in X1S/PS4S". Will I need a SM willing to do a manual override if I want to trade both a X1S and PS4 for a Pro since they are the same tier?

Apparently a trade ban from 6 months ago from trading in a couple extra copies of a game over the limit has resulted in a permanent ban (or at least one that has no exact date of being lifted). And here I thought it would take a lot more than that to get one. Thank God these values have been such utter shit that it isn't a huge issue, but still kind of a joke when you know there are those out there that have taken advantage of previous trade bonuses to do a lot worse. Good thing is, the games that I wanted to trade-in, have the same, if not better trade value at Amazon (hopefully they aren't a pain to deal with).

/rant

When did the holiday return period start? It's not on the receipt. I might just return all my flips. Waiting for tiv of return to dreamland and path of destruction to go back to $20 is killing me. I don't have a receipt for one of the sets. Can the store still return it to me?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
The bottom of my receipt from 10/29 states: "any product purchased between 10/1/18 and 12/24/18 may be returned with receipt by 1/15/19. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new products must be unopened. (Not available for DLC/POSA purchases.)"

The bottom of my receipt from 10/29 states: "any product purchased between 10/1/18 and 12/24/18 may be returned with receipt by 1/15/19. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new products must be unopened. (Not available for DLC/POSA purchases.)"
The employees are fuck clueless. I think they might just deny the return. They don't know anything about a holiday return policy. I wonder if I can still do the holiday return on online orders with a packing slip.

I just left Dollar General. It appears they are running a weekend deal where you can buy $30 in GameStop gift cards for $25 or $50 in GameStop gift cards for $40. I just did $30 for $25. Good for those who don't have trade credit in advance of Pro Day.

I just left Dollar General. It appears they are running a weekend deal where you can buy $30 in GameStop gift cards for $25 or $50 in GameStop gift cards for $40. I just did $30 for $25. Good for those who don't have trade credit in advance of Pro Day.
Is there a limit to how many you can buy? I don't mind getting 4 of the $50 for $160 equaling $200.

Is there a limit to how many you can buy? I don't mind getting 4 of the $50 for $160 equaling $200.
No limit, but last time, they had to be bought in increments of $50 each for larger denominations. I don't know the expiration date yet either, but I will post it after work when I go back.

Edit: The sale on GameStop gift cards at Dollar General stores ends on Saturday, 11/10.

Well with dollar general that’s RDR2 PO for $27.33

Black Friday can’t touch this. I’m gonna start looking into Offer Up and crap like that since trades are so low yet cash can go so far at GS right now.

Thanks to GamePass, Fortnite being free unlike Black Ops, and Nintendo hampering its userbase even though I can afford it, there’s really only two games I gotta have this year, the other being Hitman. This weekend saves me from having to bother with Holiday shopping for games or tech. Thx GS?

Does anyone here have Spyro for PS4 preordered and is picking up early?
Curious as to whether or not they'll include a code for themes and avatars like Crash did even though the website says nothing of it.

So I have an OG PS4 and I'm thinking of trading it in for a slim.

The current trade-in value is $175 for credit and $140 cash. There's a promotion that says cash value is same as credit. So it sounds obvious, but that means I would walk away with $175 in cash, correct? and I wouldn't need to be a pro member?

Does anyone know how long this cash as credit promo will be in effect? And do you anticipate the trade-in value to drop significantly in the next week or so?

Thanks in advance.

The current trade-in value is $175 for credit and $140 cash. There's a promotion that says cash value is same as credit. So it sounds obvious, but that means I would walk away with $175 in cash, correct? and I wouldn't need to be a pro member?

Does anyone know how long this cash as credit promo will be in effect? And do you anticipate the trade-in value to drop significantly in the next week or so?

Thanks in advance.
I think you misread the trade in page. It says cash same as credit on electronics. You would get $175 trade credit or $140 cash for your PS4.

I think you misread the trade in page. It says cash same as credit on electronics. You would get $175 trade credit or $140 cash for your PS4.
yeah, so I'm still confused lol.

it says: "VALUES ARE THE SAME WHETHER YOU CHOOSE CASH OR CREDIT" (sorry for all caps, copied and pasted)

so I wouldn't be receiving the higher value of the two ($175)?

yeah, so I'm still confused lol.

it says: "VALUES ARE THE SAME WHETHER YOU CHOOSE CASH OR CREDIT" (sorry for all caps, copied and pasted)

so I wouldn't be receiving the higher value of the two ($175)?
You would receive $175 in store credit or $140 cash. The PS4 is not part of this "Electronics cash same as credit" promo. "Offer valid toward electronics trades only." = cellphones, tablets

You would receive $175 in store credit or $140 cash. The PS4 is not part of this "Electronics cash same as credit" promo. "Offer valid toward electronics trades only." = cellphones, tablets
ohh, whoops. ok, got it. I assumed a PS4 was an electronic. totally missed the distinction.

Thank you.

I had forgotten that my Power Up Rewards membership had ended, and I need to renew it for the Pro Level in order to participate in Pro Day. I know I can pay for my membership with accrued points, but is there any way to renew online and not have to visit a store?

Also if you use any reward certificates online during a Pro Day sale, does the discount apply to the normal price or the lower Pro Day sale price? Thank you for any info.

It’s the only way to play a Spider-Man related game, on a current gen Microsoft console
It's for multiple consoles (PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, 360 and XB1), it's expensive because people haven't stopped wanting to play it. Has been somewhat expensive (given how old it is) since before Marvel's Spider Man came out.

It's for multiple consoles (PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, 360 and XB1), it's expensive because people haven't stopped wanting to play it. Has been somewhat expensive (given how old it is) since before Marvel's Spider Man came out.
It’s expensive because people haven’t stopped wanting to play it ???.....Huh?

The only reason this game is expensive in particular like the guy asked for XBOX1 VERSION Is because the game is OOP and is currently the ONLY way to play a current gen Spider-man game on the Xbox 1

The game when in print was selling at multiple retailers for $19.99 and less. It wasn’t until Marvel’s Spiderman was announced, did the game start raising in price on the second hand market

I feel that since the new Marvel Spider Man is exclusive to PS4, xbox fanboys want to get in the bandwagon of playing a Spider Man game on Xbox One. That game is not rare at all because I remember trading in 4 copies of both ps4 and xbox One to gamestop. Indeed it was $19.99 and even $15.99 for those who had GCU at Bestbuy. It's not worth the price people are selling for now. All you need to do is think a little and it's common sense.  

My son has discovered Pokémon cards. Is the current 25% off for pro days about the best deal I will find this holiday season on them? I have lots of GS trade credit and would prefer to get him some cards there for as cheap as possible.

I feel that since the new Marvel Spider Man is exclusive to PS4, xbox fanboys want to get in the bandwagon of playing a Spider Man game on Xbox One. That game is not rare at all because I remember trading in 4 copies of both ps4 and xbox One to gamestop. Indeed it was $19.99 and even $15.99 for those who had GCU at Bestbuy. It's not worth the price people are selling for now. All you need to do is think a little and it's common sense.
Was it somehow not available to Xbox One only users prior to the new game coming out? No? Then there goes that argument you claim to involve common sense.

It’s expensive because people haven’t stopped wanting to play it ???.....Huh?

The only reason this game is expensive in particular like the guy asked for XBOX1 VERSION Is because the game is OOP and is currently the ONLY way to play a current gen Spider-man game on the Xbox 1

The game when in print was selling at multiple retailers for $19.99 and less. It wasn’t until Marvel’s Spiderman was announced, did the game start raising in price on the second hand market
So me saying people wanting to play it doesn't mean that it isn't also expensive due to it being OOP as well and a means to play a Spider Man game on the XB1.

I resell games for a living (among other things) and keep track of this for the PS4 and XB1. It certainly was expensive (depends on how you view that word, it's been fluctuating between $30 - $60 for about 2+ years) since before Spider-Man was announced. The game was announced during E3 2016.

Yes, when it was in print it got price drops (like all games) but once that stopped (2 years ago coincidentally, remember the game came out in 2014) it shot up in price. Hell, check out the PS4 version prices. It has been going for $80+ for over 2 years now.

You can view pricing history for it on CCC and it shows the game was sold for $30 - $60 (none FBA, it sold for more if fulfilled by Amazon) for the last two years and continued to climb once Marvel's Spider Man came out. I wasn't disputing that Marvel's Spider Man didn't have a correlation, just that it was already expensive since before it came out or was announced due to people wanting to play it (as well it being hard to find). https://camelcamelcamel.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Xbox-One/product/B00FRESTZW

Is your argument really that since you traded in 4 "used" copies of a hard to find in new condition game that it must not be hard to find? Where's the correlation? You make it sound like just b/c a game dropped in price at retail stores before it went OOP that it's not rare. Wonder what you think about Pokemon games, Bayonetta (Wii U, before the Switch announcement), or Rock Band Band in a Box (actually, any Rock Band).

I don't think you're thinking much when you decided to type that.

Thanks in advance.
Not trying to stop u or anything but if I were you i’d upgrade to a pro rather than trade ur OG PS4 for a slim. Unless that PS4 is the launch model and is starting to do weird things. Well u do get a free game with the slim tho

Not trying to stop u or anything but if I were you i’d upgrade to a pro rather than trade ur OG PS4 for a slim. Unless that PS4 is the launch model and is starting to do weird things. Well u do get a free game with the slim tho
yeah I've been considering it. I know the slim is a side-grade rather than an upgrade, but I figured since I'd break even then I might as well. I've had my current ps4 for 4 years now and it has gotten loud and a bit sluggish, figured a fresh model would be good.

but I do have PS VR, and I plan to get a 4k TV pretty soon...I just wish the PS4 pro was discounted on black friday. maybe microsoft's oneX discount will force sony's hand.

yeah I've been considering it. I know the slim is a side-grade rather than an upgrade, but I figured since I'd break even then I might as well. I've had my current ps4 for 4 years now and it has gotten loud and a bit sluggish, figured a fresh model would be good.

but I do have PS VR, and I plan to get a 4k TV pretty soon...I just wish the PS4 pro was discounted on black friday. maybe microsoft's oneX discount will force sony's hand.
Even the slim is an upgrade. I traded in my 500 gb original PS4 for a 1 TB slim this past summer and immediately noticed a difference. Not only did I have more space for games, but it runs faster, not as much noise, and the newer controller that came packed in was better. I don't think you need a Pro unless you have a better TV which I don't. And you will get Spider-Man for free if you can get one of those $199 bundles. I say go with your gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back