2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably going to trade in my OG 500 gb PS4 on Friday then. I can go without a system for 2ish days. Thanks for the update on the process.

I would have to bring the system, a controller, power cord, and hdmi cord, right?
I am not sure about the values holding out until Friday, that's why I rushed out today and got it done. As bige562 mentioned you also need the USB cable for the controller.

Probably going to trade in my OG 500 gb PS4 on Friday then. I can go without a system for 2ish days. Thanks for the update on the process.

I would have to bring the system, a controller, power cord, and hdmi cord, right?
I am ABSOLUTELY not waiting to trade in my 500gb X1S. Not after all the GameStops around me ran out of X1X consoles for the $250 trade-in promotion like 4-5 days before it ended.

And with all the super low values for games, I won't be surprised if the $175 trade in value for OG PS4s are changed tomorrow or Wednesday when the new ads come out. Fool me once... yeah.

Hopefully the values don't change by this weekend, but I'm not taking that chance this time. I'll just play my 3DS and watch Youtube/Twitch videos until Saturday when the early BF deals arrive.

Based on the Black Friday ad leak, if someone wanted a 1TB Xbox One S and had a 500GB now and didn't mind being without for a week, you can do an even swap, assuming you are not charged tax when using trade credit at your location.
I'm planning to do this even WITH sales tax. Extra 500gb for $15 tax, new 1-year warranty, and free Minecraft stuff? Sign me up. I'm waiting until tonight to trade in since my online GS RDR2 order just arrived today. Maybe a couple hours of trying it out!

I can confirm that you get $200 TIV for the PS4 Slim 1tb. Just got back from trading in and it took about 15 minutes. They hooked up my controller to a computer that test controllers. It was on a hdtv and it showed the program testing every single button on the controller. I have never seen this before.

Not sure if they will offer a gift card with the PS4 Spidey bundle (like they did last year, to compete with other stores that offered the same BF bundle), but I plan on buying it on Sunday and not open it. You have 30 days to do a return rebuy if they offer a gift card or extra game after this sale.
Since it is a BF sale and the bundle is normally going to be $299 would this be another time were using certs wouldn't work or would be stupid? I wouldn't mind getting a fresh PS4 with larger drive and Spider man for free. Can I use 2 different valued certs on this on Sunday? I have enough for $25 and a $10. Even if I can't use them I would probably buy some Live/PSN credit.

Since it is a BF sale and the bundle is normally going to be $299 would this be another time were using certs wouldn't work or would be stupid? I wouldn't mind getting a fresh PS4 with larger drive and Spider man for free. Can I use 2 different valued certs on this on Sunday? I have enough for $25 and a $10. Even if I can't use them I would probably buy some Live/PSN credit.
Certs should work on BF deals because they have in the past for me. You can use up to 3 different values of certs in one transaction (ex. $50 + $25 + $10).

Certs should work on BF deals because they have in the past for me. You can use up to 3 different values of certs in one transaction (ex. $50 + $25 + $10).
If I can get myself motivated tonight I might trade in my UC4 Slim and older blue DS4. And then just buy the Spiderman bundle on Sunday. I traded my copy of Spider man after getting the plat. Not sure if I will trade this one as well or hold onto it till a decent sale on the DLC. Rather have it digitally.

Thanks.

I still have my Taken King edition PS4, should I trade in for the spiderman + 1tb ps4? I'm just worried that my current ps4 might breakdown due to age...

Two things to note. I tradeed an Xbox One S and a PS4 slim yesterday and the employee said they didn't want the USB charging cable for either. Also I asked if certs would be usable on Black Friday and they said yes.

Two things to note. I tradeed an Xbox One S and a PS4 slim yesterday and the employee said they didn't want the USB charging cable for either. Also I asked if certs would be usable on Black Friday and they said yes.
For XBox that is correct since there is no charging cable included originally. Last time I trade a PS4 (maybe a bit over a year ago) they wanted the charging cable. I will bring it anyway just to be safe. Thanks for the info on the certs.

Traded in my xbox one s today and employee mentioned the black friday ad won't be out until day before thanksgiving fwiw. Who knows how accurate that is.

How much stock does GS usually have for consoles on BF week? Looking to basically exchange my OG PS4 for the Spidey bundle, but I'm worried that they'll run out, leaving me SOL. Is it going to be fine, or should I hedge and take the $25 hit and trade my console in for cash?

How much stock does GS usually have for consoles on BF week? Looking to basically exchange my OG PS4 for the Spidey bundle, but I'm worried that they'll run out, leaving me SOL. Is it going to be fine, or should I hedge and take the $25 hit and trade my console in for cash?
It would be a $60 hit as the cash value is $140

I still have my Taken King edition PS4, should I trade in for the spiderman + 1tb ps4? I'm just worried that my current ps4 might breakdown due to age...
That is one good looking console aside from the game. I will tell you the ps4 slim is made cheaper and doesn't look as nice as the original ps4 but if you don't care about how the console looks, go ahead and trade it in for the slim. The slim for me was very quiet and is more updated as well.

For XBox that is correct since there is no charging cable included originally. Last time I trade a PS4 (maybe a bit over a year ago) they wanted the charging cable. I will bring it anyway just to be safe. Thanks for the info on the certs.
Yeah, I brought them in for both, but the manager and another employee processed the trade and told me to keep both. The whole thing took like 10 minutes, they were really quick.

If you go on Sunday you'll definitely get one. They'll sell fast but they aren't going to sell out instantly.

If anyone is picking up Spyro on PS4 tonight, can you post if it comes with a code for themes and stuff?
Thanks.

Yes just got $200 for my UC4 slim 500gb. Traded HDMI cable, micro USb cable, non matching blue DS4 and the console itself. As soon as he scanned my card and console it showed $200 credit. Took maybe 15 minutes.

That is one good looking console aside from the game. I will tell you the ps4 slim is made cheaper and doesn't look as nice as the original ps4 but if you don't care about how the console looks, go ahead and trade it in for the slim. The slim for me was very quiet and is more updated as well.
Thanks! I do like the look of the destiny console over the basic black slim. Decisions decisions

Anyone rememberr what 3DS games traded in for around the 2017 Summer trade in event?  Lost my receipts from that time.

Shoot, the PS4 trade in seems pretty amazing. Same value showing for my launch model... still works fine but gets loud now and then. If all I'll have to pay is the tax then it seems like a no brainer...  not to mention I'll have a copy of Spider-Man to do something with since I already have it. Probably digital (though physical would be ideal obviously for selling purposes) but I can always sell it here or something... I'll likely get a 20% off PSN code too which this time of year with the likely Black Friday digital sales could save me a fortune.

Shoot, the PS4 trade in seems pretty amazing. Same value showing for my launch model... still works fine but gets loud now and then. If all I'll have to pay is the tax then it seems like a no brainer... not to mention I'll have a copy of Spider-Man to do something with since I already have it. Probably digital (though physical would be ideal obviously for selling purposes) but I can always sell it here or something... I'll likely get a 20% off PSN code too which this time of year with the likely Black Friday digital sales could save me a fortune.
It has been acknowledged that the BF PS4 bundle contains a physical copy of the Spider-Man game, so you can easily re-sell it or trade it in at your leisure.

Can someone please verify my logic here?

If I were to reserve a game for in store pick up on Saturday night (after the store closes) when the online price is still the regular price, then go and pick it up the next day when the sale is in effect, would I get the sale price?

I'm just trying to avoid the possibility that it sells out before I can get to the store.

If I were to reserve a game for in store pick up on Saturday night (after the store closes) when the online price is still the regular price, then go and pick it up the next day when the sale is in effect, would I get the sale price?

I'm just trying to avoid the possibility that it sells out before I can get to the store.
Why couldn't you just reserve for store pick-up early morning Sunday prior to store opening with the correct sales price in effect, instead? If stores are closed on Saturday evening, employees will not bother to check reservations to hold the game until the following morning when the store opens , anyway.

Why couldn't you just reserve for store pick-up early morning Sunday prior to store opening with the correct sales price in effect, instead? If stores are closed on Saturday evening, employees will not bother to check reservations to hold the game until the following morning when the store opens , anyway.
My fear would be that everyone will try to reserve one on Sunday once the sale price starts and they will run out of copies to reserve from. By doing it the night before, my hope would be to beat those people to the punch by reserving it when most people wouldn't think to.

Do you guys usually just ask if you can use (5) rewards certs? I moved recently, and in the past it wasn't really much of an issue as the employees seemed to like me, but I haven't really had a chance to gauge how other stores do it. I want that sweet sweet $105 discount, but I don't want to put a $5 and $10 coupon to waste if they decide to be enforce the rule about it.

Do you guys usually just ask if you can use (5) rewards certs? I moved recently, and in the past it wasn't really much of an issue as the employees seemed to like me, but I haven't really had a chance to gauge how other stores do it. I want that sweet sweet $105 discount, but I don't want to put a $5 and $10 coupon to waste if they decide to be enforce the rule about it.
you used 5 at once? I thought the max was 3

Someone purchasing a PS4 for the first time this holiday can get the console with Spider-Man, God of War, and HZDCE for $240. That is nuts.
Ha, yep, count me in! Looks like I can trade in my OG Xbox One for $150 and be out just $80+ for all of that (since GOW can be had for $20 elsewhere on BF).

Someone purchasing a PS4 for the first time this holiday can get the console with Spider-Man, God of War, and HZDCE for $240. That is nuts.
What's even more nuts is a new buyer can buy a PS4 with all of those games, plus a PSVR with everything they need and 2 top-rated games, all for the same price that I paid for my launch PSVR bundle 2 years ago.

What's even more nuts is a new buyer can buy a PS4 with all of those games, plus a PSVR with everything they need and 2 top-rated games, all for the same price that I paid for my launch PSVR bundle 2 years ago.
Yep! Thinking about getting PSVR too. I lucked out a bit in buying one of those red GOW special edition PS3s a few years ago intending to catch up to speed on the PS3 classics, but that thing has just sat in my closet. Now those are pretty collectible on eBay and would pay for most of a PSVR. 😀

Any chance on the base PS4 $200 TIV holding through Sunday? Would love to pick up a slim for $200 and do a system transfer before trading my og PS4 in. Probably not worth taking the chance though.

Anyone know how strict Gamestop is with controllers for trade-ins? My launch PS4 controller has ripped thumb pads. Wondering if I should just use my replacement controller for the trade in or if I could sneak by with the older controller.

In my experience there is no paperwork with a game they've pulled for me when I arrive. In fact, most of the time they didn't even bother looking for it. When they did have it in the cabinet for me, it just had a sticky note with my name and stuff on it. I can't be positive but I think that would 100% work in theory. Whether or not anyone actually does it is another thing.

Anyone know how strict Gamestop is with controllers for trade-ins? My launch PS4 controller has ripped thumb pads. Wondering if I should just use my replacement controller for the trade in or if I could sneak by with the older controller.
The stores near me are pretty strict and have rejected a controller in the same condition you described when I tried to trade a system a year ago.

If youre trading the controller with ripped thumb pads with a PS4, the whole trade will be marked as needing a refurb. Better to trade another controller and keep the other

So in lite of trading systems does anyone think that trading in a Switch will ever exceed the $200 threshold or is this the best we are going to get because I got the Pikachu Switch ordered and keep hoping I can get more then $200 for it but it seems unlikely at this point.

So in lite of trading systems does anyone think that trading in a Switch will ever exceed the $200 threshold or is this the best we are going to get because I got the Pikachu Switch ordered and keep hoping I can get more then $200 for it but it seems unlikely at this point.
You would be better off selling a Switch to a private buyer. $230-250 is very possible from what I've seen. The value isn't going down because Nintendo isn't discounting it at all during the holidays.

You would be better off selling a Switch to a private buyer. $230-250 is very possible from what I've seen. The value isn't going down because Nintendo isn't discounting it at all during the holidays.
Yeah that’s what I was debating on as I was hoping to get a better trade promo closer to Christmas in hope that GS needed to stock up on Switches and avoid having to sell it.

I traded my Switch for $300 not too long ago. It was promo'd to $250 and I had a $50 bonus for buying a 500 mil PS4.

It's my understanding they won't adjust the price because of exactly this. Also, they tend to always disable in-store pickup during BF sales as to not cannibalize supply for people actually shopping at the store. They want it to be first come first serve to get you in the store and make it fair for all.

NVM, somehow got in the GS thread thinking it was BB. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back