2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are showing unavailable because the sale is starting later tonight. Calm down bro. That being said. I have a couple controllers that have torn thumbsticks and it forced me to put little grips on them. Do the new controllers still have terrible thumb grips?
I've literally never had that problem in 28 years of gaming so it's tough for me to answer. I can say compared to my OG launch day controller I don't wear off the texture as much with the newer ones. The only reason I buy new ones is because my batteries get bad after a year of use.

Question about the $10 rewards from buying rdr2, were those only good to use instore? I couldn’t make it before close tonight so I’m guessing it’s gone now?

Just a general question for y'all (I haven't been able to sift through the older (and much older) comments to answer this myself: 

Should I trade in my brother's OG PS4 ASAP tomorrow (which will give me $165 + I'll pay the rest in cash) for the Spiderman bundle? He's had a console for over 3.5 years now and his controller is quite beat up. Reason why I'm asking is because I'm seeing some comments here suggesting to wait until 'Black Thursday' (and what not) to bite on a trade-in/console deal. Not sure what those responses are referring to. Any help? Also, my bro really wants Fifa 2019 and is not that into other games, so the PS4+50 dollar GC would help out more.

Thanks.

Just a general question for y'all (I haven't been able to sift through the older (and much older) comments to answer this myself:

Should I trade in my brother's OG PS4 ASAP tomorrow (which will give me $165 + I'll pay the rest in cash) for the Spiderman bundle? He's had a console for over 3.5 years now and his controller is quite beat up. Reason why I'm asking is because I'm seeing some comments here suggesting to wait until 'Black Thursday' (and what not) to bite on a trade-in/console deal. Not sure what those responses are referring to. Any help? Also, my bro really wants Fifa 2019 and is not that into other games, so the PS4+50 dollar GC would help out more.

Thanks.

I value my time on Thursday and Friday of this coming week too much to spend it at GameStop waiting for them to verify my console condition..

Well as far as I know, the only Black Friday deal for a PS4 Pro is just Gamestop offering a $50 gift card.

Should I trade in my brother's OG PS4 ASAP tomorrow (which will give me $165 + I'll pay the rest in cash) for the Spiderman bundle? He's had a console for over 3.5 years now and his controller is quite beat up. Reason why I'm asking is because I'm seeing some comments here suggesting to wait until 'Black Thursday' (and what not) to bite on a trade-in/console deal. Not sure what those responses are referring to. Any help? Also, my bro really wants Fifa 2019 and is not that into other games, so the PS4+50 dollar GC would help out more.

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat man and I wiped the fat OG PS4 tonight and plan to be there tomorrow to swap and just pay the 40 bucks or whatever.

I'm in the same boat man and I wiped the fat OG PS4 tonight and plan to be there tomorrow to swap and just pay the 40 bucks or whatever.
I called my local one today and was informed that wiping was not necessary (they said they'll do it and everything, so I'll make sure everything's logged off/signed out). What time are you planning on heading out?

I called my local one today and was informed that wiping was not necessary (they said they'll do it and everything, so I'll make sure everything's logged off/signed out). What time are you planning on heading out?
Mine opens at 11 and I plan to be there. I had to reinstall the HD that came with it because I had replaced it with a much larger one and I'll be damned if I'm giving Gamestop nice things for no reason.

Are there going to be any console trade in deal on thursday?  My friend want to trade in his xbox foward xbx, which would be $430 and 50 gift card.   

yes i told him to do it during the double stack of rdr 2 and trade in boost but he didn;t listen.  Is there anyway to do the trade in now and go back thursday for the return exchange.  Dealing with trade in on bf will be a royal bitch

And if theres updates that need to be downloaded, they can do it but it takes forever. I would wipe it, put a fake account on it and update it before taking it in.

Thanks.
Protip: Before trading in the console and controller, slap on thumbstick covers, or ask if you can buy some and put them on. In my experience, the sale associate will let this pass as an acceptable controller rather than hitting you with the refurb fee. YMMV

Sorry, I’m confused.

So will the Switch + MARIO Kart + $50 GC be live tomorrow or does the gift card promo not start until Black Friday?

Protip: Before trading in the console and controller, slap on thumbstick covers, or ask if you can buy some and put them on. In my experience, the sale associate will let this pass as an acceptable controller rather than hitting you with the refurb fee. YMMV
Are you suggesting that I buy the thumbstick covers (what do they go for like ~$7?) in front of the register and put those on before I trade in the PS4? Do you know how much do they slash off for the refurb fee?

Any clue what the “$175.00 Regular Value” means in this pic?
attachicon.gif
72BEC752-9696-463B-9E12-7544F5AC8678.jpeg
Hm.... that's strange. When'd you take that? Mine is currently and has all day been showing $140 for TIV with $112 for cash.

Are you suggesting that I buy the thumbstick covers (what do they go for like ~$7?) in front of the register and put those on before I trade in the PS4? Do you know how much do they slash off for the refurb fee?
Correct. Buy the cheap covers ($7 iirc) and put them on. I believe people here have stated that the refurb fee is $40.

If the associate is a dick and charges you the refurb fee anyway, I'd go to a different store.

It gave me shit the other day and my order was stuck in paypal purgatory :/
yeah idk, it's giving me this error on the gamestop site when completing, which doesn't make a ton of sense when I'm using paypal balance

Oops! The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

Correct. Buy the cheap covers ($7 iirc) and put them on. I believe people here have stated that the refurb fee is $40.

If the associate is a dick and charges you the refurb fee anyway, I'd go to a different store.
I'm going to have a good look at my brother's left thumbstick. There's absolutely no issue on the functionality of the controller as far as I'm aware, so its only a minor cosmetic blemish.

Whew, well I'm really glad I traded in my launch PS4 for $200 and picked up a RDR2 Pro bundle when I did since I figured the trade values on these would tank really soon, but I never figured this soon.

I posted about it about 30 minutes ago. Tempted to get this, but feels like these might end up in clearance eventually.
I would wait for them to be lower. I would probably buy the Pac-man or Galaga one at this price with GameStop credit, but they are Walmart exclusive. I’ve been following these a bit and it seems like people are having lots of different issues. The company seems to be fixing them, but they don’t seem to be worth it.

I’m tempted to get the Street Fighter one and mod it, but I’m not a huge SF fan.

personally I'm waiting for Walmart to decide they don't wanna use up the shelf space any more and clear them out

I wish so much there had been a Pro deal going on, because before I buy the Slim bundle I don't want to have buyer's remorse. I just hope the PS5 has PS4 Pro capabilitiy built in as standard for backwards compatibility.

GameStop would not give me full TIV for my 500 GB PS4 Slim... they cited a $45 refurb fee, because even though everything was in excellent condition and working as normal, the system's plastic creates a creaking noise if you squeeze it. It's likely the plastic has been somewhat warped due to temperature fluctuations in my apartment. Alas, I was not about to take $130 for my PS4, so I left with it.

Sure wish I'd gotten a sales associate that did not mind a creaking sound that has no practical impact on anything, but I suppose they were worried a potential customer would return it due to this, so it does make some sense.

GameStop would not give me full TIV for my 500 GB PS4 Slim... they cited a $45 refurb fee, because even though everything was in excellent condition and working as normal, the system's plastic creates a creaking noise if you squeeze it. It's likely the plastic has been somewhat warped due to temperature fluctuations in my apartment. Alas, I was not about to take $130 for my PS4, so I left with it.

Sure wish I'd gotten a sales associate that did not mind a creaking sound that has no practical impact on anything, but I suppose they were worried a potential customer would return it due to this, so it does make some sense.
Just take it to another store.

Just take it to another store.
Good call, I just took the L and headed home, though. No idea if I wanna try another store tomorrow. Seems a waste of time if another rep just notices the same issue. I'll give it a shot when the TIV goes back up, maybe there will be a Christmas deal similar to the current one. Hopefully a decent PS4 Pro one, even.

That's the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. Roast them on a survey. If they're supposed to do it corporate will have a boner for it and they won't get in trouble. Seems they have a lot of temp staff this year all excited about following policy to a T.

No blueberry controller. Boo-urns.

I was going to buy very few games to begin with this year but I already purchased them all from BB with early access. I feel like this might of been a minor slip up for GS. Now I can wait until the day of for a collectible sale since thats all im interested in from GS. At this rate I do not expect much from them at all. I expect the collectible sales on clearance throughout the year to be better than anything they could offer on BF sadly.

I think gamestop might have f up this year unless they offer something different then everyone else (and even then, it might be too late). 

That's the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. Roast them on a survey. If they're supposed to do it corporate will have a boner for it and they won't get in trouble. Seems they have a lot of temp staff this year all excited about following policy to a T.

No blueberry controller. Boo-urns.
Yeah, I was real disappointed lol. It's funny you say "temp staff excited about following policy to a T", because when we made small talk, this particular employee said he was new and had little idea what to expect for this GameStop tomorrow, in terms of foot traffic. I feel for the dude, though. Seemed nice enough. Just had to check with his manager so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Confirmed that the "$50 gift card with console purchase deal" for black friday excludes the Spider man PS4 bundle and Minecraft X1S bundle. Just happened to be looking at a certain "slick" website and somebody uploaded the front cover of the BF ad.

Good call, I just took the L and headed home, though. No idea if I wanna try another store tomorrow. Seems a waste of time if another rep just notices the same issue. I'll give it a shot when the TIV goes back up, maybe there will be a Christmas deal similar to the current one. Hopefully a decent PS4 Pro one, even.
Bummer. I really hope I dont get this treatment later today... did your TIV get cut from 175?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back