2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
A) Were there a lot of people picking up the Spider-Man PS4?
We got there about 25 minutes before open and were the first ones there. More people showed up about 10 minutes later and by the time the store opened there were probably 20 in line. We got in first and got the PS4 and some used games and were out of the store by 11:08 (opened at 11:00). I saw 4 PS4s bought and 1 Xbone.

Grabbed mine. Got there at 3 minutes to 11 and nobody was lined up. One guy walked up to the door as I got out of my car so I was second in line. By the time they opened 3 minutes later there were 7 in line but they had enough for all of us. Only one employee this morning at open and she asked the first guy if he would mind waiting because he was doing trade ins toward the system and nobody else was. Promised there were enough for him unless any of the rest of us wanted a bunch and she would make sure he got one so he was cool about it. As I left another employee came running in so hopefully he was just running late. Too bad the berry blue controller wasn't on sale at Gamestop. Had to order that from Wal Mart for delivery but it works.

Who what store’s gonna price match an item that’s listed as Sold Out Online like that PSVR v2.0 No Game No Cam bundle is?

Damn, they have starlink digital for switch for $45, just bought physical for $35 last night at Best buy. I think I would have preferred the digital copy. Oh well

Was going to stop right at open to grab HZDCE but there was a line out the store so I reserved a copy via the website and will pickup later in the day.

Is the code inside the case or on the receipt? My copy only has the disc inside the case and there is nothing on my receipt. If it makes a difference, my copy is a "not for resale" version.
Isn't it normally a voucher packed in with the PS4 manual along with the other accessories within the console box?

The extra $25 trade-in bump will last thru December 2nd.

I got to my store at 11:45am, nobody in the store and only one employee working.  Bought the Spiderman bundle and a few games.  Don't worry guys, there are plenty in stock.  Even if they sold out today there are more coming.  And all retailers still have these on sale online.    Sony doesn't make the same mistake like Nintendo with the limited supply and demand. 

I bought 4 used games and all of them show a promo discount of 20% and the 20% discount for my Elite. Is the extra 20% part of this sale?

FYI if you use the 20% off code packed in with the PlayStation’s it will take 20% off everything in your cart and not just one game. I used it on Spider-Man digital deluxe edition and god of War this morning.
Also went to GameStop and bought Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. Redeemed 10,000 points and got them both for $10 total.

Was going to stop right at open to grab HZDCE but there was a line out the store so I reserved a copy via the website and will pickup later in the day.
No line at my local store at 1 pm EST. Grabbed factory sealed copies of Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete, Uncharted Trilogy, and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that the associate pulled from the drawer and I was out in less than 5 minutes. Guy in front of me was buying a Minecraft Xbox One S bundle and they were upselling him everything under the sun. Pre-Black Friday is looking better than Black Friday all the time now.

B) Did anybody use certs to towards it?
A) There was about half a dozen people at opening. Looked like most of them were just doing basic shopping. Only 1-2 other people had asked for a Spidey PS4.

B) Was able to use certs, but only $90 ($50/$25/15).

I bought 1 used game when I picked up a PS4 this morning, and I didn't get any additional percentage off (Reg Pro 10% only).

I bought 4 used games and all of them show a promo discount of 20% and the 20% discount for my Elite. Is the extra 20% part of this sale?
I believe there is an ongoing promotion from last week that cites "20% off any 2 or more pre-owned games with system purchase."

FYI if you use the 20% off code packed in with the PlayStation’s it will take 20% off everything in your cart and not just one game. I used it on Spider-Man digital deluxe edition and god of War this morning.
Also went to GameStop and bought Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. Redeemed 10,000 points and got them both for $10 total.
I'm assuming this coupon will work in-store as well? Want to buy a couple of games on Thursday hopefully during GS' doorbuster.

B) Did anybody use certs to towards it?
A) I just picked up the bundle. There were about 10 people in the store when I arrived (about ~2 hours after opening) and I was the only one who was trading in my OG PS4 for the bundle. About 5-6 people in line in front of me, but the store was far from packed or crowded.

B) I used my $50 GC towards the remaining amount after the calculating the TIV. In the end it ended up being: $140+25 (for the TIV) + about $38 dollars deducted from my cert (total =$203). Tax was only about $3.11, as they charge only the remaining amount after the TIV is applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back