2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop sure is slow about filling orders. First time I've ever ordered anything online from them and it'll be the last. I've never seen a site take nearly a day to send an order confirmation email.
I've already had my order shipped. It was much, much worse last year.

Kind of confused by one of the trade in promos. So do you only get $20 off a preorder when you trade in specific games or do you also get the trade in value of the game. Some of the values are over $20.

Looking to get the Persona dancing bundle.

Kind of confused by one of the trade in promos. So do you only get $20 off a preorder when you trade in specific games or do you also get the trade in value of the game. Some of the values are over $20.

Looking to get the Persona dancing bundle.
Bad phrasing, essentially they're highlighting games that trade for at least $20. it's no extra value, so you'll just get their listed value in the app.

I ordered the Arcade1up Street Fighter version on Wednesday and it hasn't shipped yet. Now that I think about it, the 3 orders I had all haven't shipped. While Gamestop has some of the best prices, they have the slowest shipping. All of my BB, Amazon, and kohl's orders are arriving today and tomorrow. Still waiting on hottopic, lids, and Gamestop.

Do blast from the past Wii U Bundles come with a 2 year warranty?

I really don't like my new home store manager. She is just as bad as the last one and I feel like she is messing with me out of spite for some asinine reason.

Oh no. I was referring if they don't give u the rebate.
the clerk wont know if you actually got the rebate. but they can and should refund you. i can just imagine low quality clerks becoming irritated at you potentially trying to scam a 70$ visa.

its a long story, but in january i was trading in my 360 i got from 2017 black friday, and he let me just return it because it was gonna be hit with a refurb fee (due to it being a shoddy OG 360 when i got it). even after i told him that i absolutely got the rebate.

so technically its possible to get a refund, regardless of the rebate. but gamestop is surprisingly good about giving out its rebates, it just takes like 2 months. for this one it doesnt look like theyre going by the code you get on the receipt, which was offputting, but if i dont get the rebate this time then itll be the first.

I'm confused by the xbox one s 1 tb plus 50 giftcard option. Does it mean I have to order online and then pick up at store to get the $50 gift card?

Or can I just go in store and buy it there and still get the gift card? Reason I ask is because I want to trade in my original xbox one.

the clerk wont know if you actually got the rebate. but they can and should refund you. i can just imagine low quality clerks becoming irritated at you potentially trying to scam a 70$ visa.

its a long story, but in january i was trading in my 360 i got from 2017 black friday, and he let me just return it because it was gonna be hit with a refurb fee (due to it being a shoddy OG 360 when i got it). even after i told him that i absolutely got the rebate.

so technically its possible to get a refund, regardless of the rebate. but gamestop is surprisingly good about giving out its rebates, it just takes like 2 months. for this one it doesnt look like theyre going by the code you get on the receipt, which was offputting, but if i dont get the rebate this time then itll be the first.
Thanks for the response. I didn't get in on this since I never done it before and with GameStop mishaps, didn't want to chance it. Besides, maybe one day can find a Halo 4 or star wars console on the cheap

Just if anyone is wondering, the Xbox One S Battlefield V combo for $230 (+ $50 GC) comes with a code, not physical.

Awesome thanks! I have 2k19 already to so I'll trade that in as well. Figured upgrading to the s is probably worth 50 bucks
Isn't the 2k19 with the s a digital code? Mine came with a digital code when I bought the s in September.

I'm confused by the xbox one s 1 tb plus 50 giftcard option. Does it mean I have to order online and then pick up at store to get the $50 gift card?

Or can I just go in store and buy it there and still get the gift card? Reason I ask is because I want to trade in my original xbox one.
I bought one in store and got the gift card. Didn't need to use the website at all

Was able to do a Return/Rebuy for both my Pokemon Switch And Diablo Switch.  Not bad for a $100 gift card back, plus i also received $7 back as well due to no tax being charged on the gift cards.

I think I need to just stop buying Wii U games from GS, or look at them before leaving, as I already know without playing 2/3 games I got that they're going to have issues. One had bits of the artwork scratched off, and if held to the light I can see through it. Other game the plastic has ridges on the back of it (something I've only ever seen happen with Wii U games). Of course I was already on the other side of town before I looked at them, so I'm gonna have to return them later on.

So stupid considering they give people shit when trying to trade those type of games in, and yet they still get through apparently as they are totally fine with selling them in that condition.

I think I need to just stop buying Wii U games from GS, or look at them before leaving, as I already know without playing 2/3 games I got that they're going to have issues. One had bits of the artwork scratched off, and if held to the light I can see through it. Other game the plastic has ridges on the back of it (something I've only ever seen happen with Wii U games). Of course I was already on the other side of town before I looked at them, so I'm gonna have to return them later on.

So stupid considering they give people shit when trying to trade those type of games in, and yet they still get through apparently as they are totally fine with selling them in that condition.
i also think alot of their used wii u games in perfect condition dont work, something about how they refurbish them. its why i stopped buying there for sure.

Did anyone use Active offer coupons in the past few days and not have them be removed? I used two coupons ($15 and $25) on Thursday and they still show in my active offers. I’m assuming it’s delayed due to their systems not updating over the Holiday. I’ve never had that happen before.

Did anyone use Active offer coupons in the past few days and not have them be removed? I used two coupons ($15 and $25) on Thursday and they still show in my active offers. I’m assuming it’s delayed due to their systems not updating over the Holiday. I’ve never had that happen before.
I used a $5 cert on Friday towards god of war and it's still in my active offers as well. It's either a delay or a glitch.

I used a $25 cert yesterday and it's gone now

i also think alot of their used wii u games in perfect condition dont work, something about how they refurbish them. its why i stopped buying there for sure.
True. It's a total crapshoot regarding whether games will work or not, regardless of how they look.

At least the switch is preserving the Wii U library I guess.

I picked up a PS4 Pro

I still have my 500gig PS4 i got back in 2014, the trade credit is $140 according to the site

is now the best time to trade it in or does anybody expect a better trade deal soon?

thanks

Did GameStop do a promo this Black Friday where u purchase something then u get a certain amount of cash or credit for use in the future?

I picked up a PS4 Pro

I still have my 500gig PS4 i got back in 2014, the trade credit is $140 according to the site

is now the best time to trade it in or does anybody expect a better trade deal soon?

thanks
You get an extra $25.

I think $165 is a pretty good deal, upgraded myself.

Did GameStop do a promo this Black Friday where u purchase something then u get a certain amount of cash or credit for use in the future?
Fallout 76 also got you a $10 cert. Was on sale as well for $39. Some say still too much but I've enjoyed it so far at that price, though its certainly not for everyone.

I've had a used copy of Hyrule Warriors sitting in a stack of games that I bought at GameStop and then never played. I probably need to see if it works. Not that it matters.

Yes it happened to me. I had a coupon that stayed in my active offers and I used it a second time just fine.

Anyone else hoping power up rewards will bring back the discounted coupons for cyber Monday again? Was it just last year they skipped or has it been more years? My memory is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back