2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF!  PUR reward points expire?  Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!  Apparently I just lost all my points in september.  I had no clue they had an expiration date.

Did they always have rewards for Uber, Hulu, etc.?  This is going to save me a huge step now; instead of going Points>flipz to TC (never happens anymore)>Uber/Hulu GC, I can go right to the GC!

Yep. Since you can use certs to buy many cards now this is just the convenience of doing it online rather than in store today. Not a sale at all.
What? I had no idea PUR certs could be used on gift cards. I bought Diablo 3 on Saturday. I would have gone digital if I had known that certs worked on MS cards.

anyone else having problems with gamestop's 50$ gift certificate from ordering one of the consoles?  When I apply it it says the giftcard has no balance?  

My switch just shipped from GameStop but says pick up in store for $50 gift card...does that mean I need to go to the store to get the gift card or do I not get it because I had it shipped?

Just had 4 preorders across 4 different stores vanish on App, they were for older games like AC:Origin and such. I had about $30 down across these 4 preorders, do preorders just disappear if you don't withdraw the $ quick enough?

Just had 4 preorders across 4 different stores vanish on App, they were for older games like AC:Origin and such. I had about $30 down across these 4 preorders, do preorders just disappear if you don't withdraw the $ quick enough?
you can still view the missing preorders on the desktop website. go to your rewards dashboard and select "pre-orders"

My switch just shipped from GameStop but says pick up in store for $50 gift card...does that mean I need to go to the store to get the gift card or do I not get it because I had it shipped?
Mine does too, but the desktop site shows the web only gift card still. My console is getting delivered tomorrow, if I dont get the gift card...will probably just call.

Has anyone redeemed digital currency? PSN still shows full price on the confirm screen

Sure enough the 2 games I thought wouldn't work gave me disc read errors. I tried asking an employee if they would be willing to swap out a game I bought from them outside their return period, that I wasn't able to get around to testing/returning in time, and he pretty much told me to go pound sand.

Hyrule Warriors is only $9.99 right now iirc, so if you find 2 other games for $9.99, that's only $5.33 each w/ elite and b2g1. That might be somewhat of a risk though, if those games don't work either lol (granted you could just return them, but still it's inconvenient).
I bought my copy five months ago. I rarely test used games when I buy them so I'm screwed anyway. But thanks.

why dont you guys just buy another copy of whatever’s defective and then return the defect with the new receipt?
Ya, I would do this. You'll be returning it as defective so someone else isn't going to get stuck with it (unless the Gamestop employee is dishonest in which case that's on them) and you're only taking it back to the company that sold you the defective item in the first place so no need to feel guilty.

So was the free $35 eShop card with a Switch just a limited thing?

Edit: Looks like, yes, it was.

I just had 5,000 Bonus Points show up in my rewards. The transaction date is listed as yesterday, though I didn't make any purchases yesterday. That will make up for subpar discounted certificates. I hope other people got it, too!

Never got the b2g1 coupon. It was supposed to be for instore purchases on Thursday and Friday, right? I made 3 separate in store transactions on Friday and nothing

Only good until today. Example 100,000 points for $100 Netflix e-card.

https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

w0kgh4.jpg

Isn't redeeming points on their shitty website a crap shoot?  I was in the store at lunch time and would have cashed out 10,000 points but not sure it is worth the hassle via their website.  

As others have said you can just buy a new cert for 1,000 points per dollar and use that in store on other giftcards.

Anybody know what this 40% banner at the bottom of their home page is referring to? The link just goes to the search page with no mention of a 40% bonus deal.  

[attachment=31377:Gamestop1.JPG]

Anybody know what this 40% banner at the bottom of their home page is referring to? The link just goes to the search page with no mention of a 40% bonus deal.

attachicon.gif
Gamestop1.JPG
I've seen those pop-up before as well. I think it is just a web master not clearing out old banners or something. Don't get your hopes up.

Isn't redeeming points on their shitty website a crap shoot? I was in the store at lunch time and would have cashed out 10,000 points but not sure it is worth the hassle via their website.

As others have said you can just buy a new cert for 1,000 points per dollar and use that in store on other giftcards.
its not that its a crap shoot its that they dont clearly mark what their certs are for, got screwed when i redeemed a 15$ one to use online only to find out its for in store use only so had to get an adjustment for my online order, would be nice if they had a feature to auto use ur points when shopping online instead of their work around

its not that its a crap shoot its that they dont clearly mark what their certs are for, got screwed when i redeemed a 15$ one to use online only to find out its for in store use only so had to get an adjustment for my online order, would be nice if they had a feature to auto use ur points when shopping online instead of their work around
I thought people had issues using reward points to buy stuff on the GS website? Maybe I am confusing it with trade credit though.

I bought the 360 on 11/22 but they changed my order date to 11/21. I emailed them early Friday but they haven’t replied. Am I out of luck or is there a number I can call? I’m assuming they will deny my rebate even though I bought it on 11/22 (I have a screenshot time stamp of my order and my cc statement confirms 11/22),

I have 8,000 points and there's a $15 pre-owned game I want to buy, but I remember hearing something about using that coupon with a Pro or Elite Pro membership means you don't get the full value?  Can anyone clarify?

I have 8,000 points and there's a $15 pre-owned game I want to buy, but I remember hearing something about using that coupon with a Pro or Elite Pro membership means you don't get the full value? Can anyone clarify?
The pro/elite discount is take off after the coupon is used. So if you use a $10 coupon on a $15 game, the 10% pro discount would be take off $5 not $15. So $.50 instead of $1.50 for example.

I have 8,000 points and there's a $15 pre-owned game I want to buy, but I remember hearing something about using that coupon with a Pro or Elite Pro membership means you don't get the full value? Can anyone clarify?
If you are elite it is a wash. If you are pro it is technically better value for pre-owned.

If a game is $15 new you pay $15 regardless if pro/elite etc and it is 15000 pts.

If a game is $15 used you pay $12 elite or 12000 pts. If you are elite at the end of the day 1000 pts is $1. If you are pro you would be getting the game for elite price ($12) since now 12,000pts = $13.50.

When GameStop used to drop used prices when games were on sale pre-owned certs were a no-brainer.

However nowadays I only use pts on new certs during sales like pro day when a game might be $20 new vs 37.99 used.

Can the $15 off .com orders be used to buy digital currency online or does that only work on POS cards in store? I'm hoping to get $20 eshop with my points and the last remnants of a Visa gift card, but not sure that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back