2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a $50 Uber card for 50k points.  Never got any email or active offer to redeem it or anything.  Now I look and it's not even listed in the rewards center anymore.... uhhh what?

I would be careful ordering anything right now, something seems weird with their site. I ordered 2 of the 6 month XBL codes over an hour ago and still have no order history or email for them. One code was saying already used but magically got added to my account after a bit. Their website definitely needs some work.  

So I ordered the Nintendo Switch with the $35 eshop & $50 GC this morning, and it says both of the gift cards are shipped, but I can't find anything on them. No emails for the gamestop GC, and I just received a email for the Eshop GC to check my order and it should be there?

I would be careful ordering anything right now, something seems weird with their site. I ordered 2 of the 6 month XBL codes over an hour ago and still have no order history or email for them. One code was saying already used but magically got added to my account after a bit. Their website definitely needs some work.
Ordered one Xbox Live through the app, no email no order status. Ordered one through the website, immediate valid code.

Yea did find my code in the digital locker; weird though they usually send some sort of an email confirmation with these, ah well

I ordered a Wii U bundle but received no Wii U. Cute.  I noticed the shitty store manager added a warranty without my consent.

Anyone know where Gamestop houses games to ship? By this, I presume I'm asking where their factories are located. The tracking for USPS shipping for my BF games is still unavailable. Wanted to see when I could expect a delivery. I live in NYC :).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where Gamestop houses games to ship? By this, I presume I'm asking where their factories are located. The tracking for USPS shipping for my BF games is still unavailable. Wanted to see when I could expect a delivery. I live in NYC :).
They ship a lot of stuff from their stores now. If it comes from their actual warehouse its in Dallas I believe.

A lot of times mine will sit unchanged like that and suddenly it shipped from like 1 hour away and will arrive the next day. I'm also waiting on tomb raider which shipped but has yet to move or be scanned.

Ordered two games from GameStop on 11/24. One was god of war when it changed back to being available for shipping. When I log into my account, the order shows one game as “usually ships in 24 hours” and GoW says “Currently Not Available Online.” I don’t see any pending charges on my CC - is this normally how online GameStop orders go?

Ordered two games from GameStop on 11/24. One was god of war when it changed back to being available for shipping. When I log into my account, the order shows one game as “usually ships in 24 hours” and GoW says “Currently Not Available Online.” I don’t see any pending charges on my CC - is this normally how online GameStop orders go?
Sometimes (sadly), yes. I still have orders from 2016 that show "open" LOL. I'm hoping its just b/c of busy time of the year that the games I ordered last Wed are still showing processing status but with GameStop ... yeah, you never know anymore.

I bought the 360 on 11/22 but they changed my order date to 11/21. I emailed them early Friday but they haven’t replied. Am I out of luck or is there a number I can call? I’m assuming they will deny my rebate even though I bought it on 11/22 (I have a screenshot time stamp of my order and my cc statement confirms 11/22),
Any thoughts on this?? They still haven't emailed me back leading me to believe they changed the date to get out of the rebate. Any idea what is the best number to call? I don't want the Xbox 360 if I cant get the rebate. I specifically stayed up past midnight to ensure I purchased it on 11/22 and they changed the date back to 11/21 :bomb:

Far Cry primal was delivered today and it's a redbox disc thats beat up. Im not even butt hurt anymore. Ill just try to exchange it at a local GS. Came with original art though. Lol

So anyone that ordered the Cyber Monday Switch with the $50 GS gc and $35 eshop. Did any of you receive the info for the gift cards? I just received a email to check my order on gamestop.com for redemption instructions for the Eshop GC, but no code yet.

So anyone that ordered the Cyber Monday Switch with the $50 GS gc and $35 eshop. Did any of you receive the info for the gift cards? I just received a email to check my order on gamestop.com for redemption instructions for the Eshop GC, but no code yet.
I also ordered my switch on Cyber Monday and just received it today. My $50 GS gift card wasn't working and I haven't gotten my $35 e-shop code yet. But I did get an email regarding the "Delays on your Gamestop.com Gift Card Order". did you get that email too?

I also ordered my switch on Cyber Monday and just received it today. My $50 GS gift card wasn't working and I haven't gotten my $35 e-shop code yet. But I did get an email regarding the "Delays on your Gamestop.com Gift Card Order". did you get that email too?
Yeah I received that email, tho I'm like what code? Lol

My Cyber Monday Switch order has the eShop and gift cards marked as "shipped", nothing on the console yet. Haven't seen either of the cards in any form yet and also got that same email.

Bought a switch on Wednesday night after Black Friday sales went live. They say because I didn’t pick up the switch in store, I don’t get a $50 gift card. So done with this company.

I got the "Premium" Refurbished Xbox 360 last night (so premium they didn't get bother to clean off the outside of the console) and while the controller and the Xbox 360 power on, when I am prompted to connect the controller to the console, it does not work. All I get is all a flashing ring of light on the controller even with different sets of batteries. Anyone know what may be the issue? 

I have a second 360 and used the controller from that and it did not work (even after I removed the power cord from the other console). Also the refurbished controller would not connect to the other 360.

I got the "Premium" Refurbished Xbox 360 last night (so premium they didn't get bother to clean off the outside of the console) and while the controller and the Xbox 360 power on, when I am prompted to connect the controller to the console, it does not work. All I get is all a flashing ring of light on the controller even with different sets of batteries. Anyone know what may be the issue?

I have a second 360 and used the controller from that and it did not work (even after I removed the power cord from the other console). Also the refurbished controller would not connect to the other 360.
After watching this guy tear down the gamestop "premium" refurbished Xbox 360. I think its safe to just return it and stay far far away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUVf9QSN9E8

so I placed an order for 6 games last Wednesday when the sale first went live. 3 have shipped. Placed an order for the rebate 360 on Thursday and it still hasn't shipped and I also haven't gotten a email about how to do the rebate. Kind of worried on both fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back