2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it's close to a week now for nothing being shipped.  I did get a shipping confirmation email on 1 of my 2 orders but usps says it's still in preshipment.

Xbox One's Trade in dropped from $90 to $75

Was wanting to trade in my original since I got an X, hoping the trade would bump up or stay a little longer before the $25 bonus promo ends.  Crap.  Need to decide if I want to just trade it in now, or wait to see what happens later on.  Have a feeling values won't get much higher though

No issues here for my orders: MK8 Switch bundle will be here today, the $50 GC came within an hour of ordering via email and already swapped to a physical at a store, and I gave up on finding a better deal on XBL gold sub-$40 so got 6-months immediately after ordering. Sure the emails are a little slow but otherwise smooth sailing. Surprised a lot of people are having issues.

Anyone know where Gamestop houses games to ship? By this, I presume I'm asking where their factories are located. The tracking for USPS shipping for my BF games is still unavailable. Wanted to see when I could expect a delivery. I live in NYC :).
The main warehouse is in the Dallas suburbs & there is a smaller warehouse in Louisville, but a significant number of non-retro items are shipped direct from stores now.

Has anybody had an issue like this?

I placed an order on Cyber Monday and nothing has been posted to my account at all. It is like the order doesn't exist but I got a confirmation nearly a whole day later.

This on top of not getting my September Pro Day bonus 5k for pre-ordering Black Ops... Im nearly done using GS period.

This is the busiest time of year for retail. Of course, there are going to be delays, especially when shipment of items is being put on store staff to fulfill. If it hasn't been cancelled already, your orders are going to probably go through. 

Instead of worrying about things or asking strangers on the internet, just call GS Customer Service. Pretty much all the issues posted here can easily be resolved by calling this phone number: 1 (800) 883-8895

This is the busiest time of year for retail. Of course, there are going to be delays, especially when shipment of items is being put on store staff to fulfill. If it hasn't been cancelled already, your orders are going to probably go through.

Instead of worrying about things or asking strangers on the internet, just call GS Customer Service. Pretty much all the issues posted here can easily be resolved by calling this phone number: 1 (800) 883-8895
I think the real issue here is people hold companies to a certain standard (as they should), because clearly Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc are under the same duress but with a fraction of the issues. Not really defensible when the competition is capable.

I think the real issue here is people hold companies to a certain standard (as they should), because clearly Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc are under the same duress but with a fraction of the issues. Not really defensible when the competition is capable.
Those are larger companies that are used to dealing with higher traffic on a regular basis.

Hey guys, whats the link for the rebate offer for the 360? The email gamestop sent me didnt have a link.
www.gamestoprebates.com

Did you order it online? That website asks for an offer number that should be on the receipt. I got it online so all I have is an order confirmation email with no offer #. There is an option to start without an offer code, but now I'm worried the email confirmation won't be enough. Anyone else done this already?

Hey guys, whats the link for the rebate offer for the 360? The email gamestop sent me didnt have a link.
www.gamestoprebates.com/#/home

I ordered my 360 just after midnight on Thursday. Arrived last night. Also got the email with the rebate instructions. Xbox and controller looked in good enough condition, I'll hook it up this weekend and check it out.

Those are larger companies that are used to dealing with higher traffic on a regular basis.
GameStop has been around for plenty of Black Fridays and Christmas time shopping. They should be used to dealing with higher traffic by now. They're incompetence is the reason they always struggle during the holidays.

I ordered my 360 just after midnight on Thursday. Arrived last night. Also got the email with the rebate instructions. Xbox and controller looked in good enough condition, I'll hook it up this weekend and check it out.
They haven’t shipped mine yet and I received other items I ordered same day... should I be worrried?

Fallout 76 has a guaranteed TIV of $30 till Dec. 14. Is there a chance they will end the promo before that date with all the bad press the game is getting?

Fallout 76 has a guaranteed TIV of $30 till Dec. 14. Is there a chance they will end the promo before that date with all the bad press the game is getting?
Technically, they can. I doubt they will though. Getting people into the store, and them hopefully buying things, is the main goal for these promos, not profit.

Oh interesting. I got the xbox today, but haven't received an email with instructions yet.

For the Fallout promo, the fine print says that you can get $30 as long as the game is above $40 new. I have a copy I ordered to trade too that I hope ships soon.

Do you mind sharing what the instructions say?

www.gamestoprebates.com

Did you order it online? That website asks for an offer number that should be on the receipt. I got it online so all I have is an order confirmation email with no offer #. There is an option to start without an offer code, but now I'm worried the email confirmation won't be enough. Anyone else done this already?
From the FAQ:

I purchased the product that I am submitting a rebate for online and did not receive a receipt. Can I still receive a rebate?

Qualifying purchases made online should have been accompanied by a packing slip. For these purchases, the packing slip may be used as the receipt.

Just submit without offer code and follow those instructions.

My Switch from last Wednesday hasn't shipped either. I also didn't get a gift card in my email. Both still just say open.
I finally received my MK8 switch i ordered last wednesday... i got my gift card email on thursday... i'd call gamestop customer service if you haven't gotten anything.

Do you mind sharing what the instructions say?
It says:
Congratulations!

Your recent GameStop purchase of an 4GB Slim Model Pre-Owned Xbox 360 qualifies you to receive a special rebate offer for a
$70 Visa Prepaid Card!

Please click here for rebate redemption, instructions and details.

You will need your Rebate Offer Number, purchase date and qualifying product ID.

Your Rebate Offer Number is: 18-56585
Your qualifying product ID is: 909229
This was for the black S model. Other models may have different product IDs. You also need the serial number from the Xbox 360.

Didn't trade-in my PS4 while it was $140 + the $25 bonus because I wasn't sure if my Spider-man bundle would get shipped or cancelled (you never know) and now the value for a 500GB console has dropped to $120.  How frequently do values for consoles go back up after they've gone down like this?  

I could just sell it on eBay or reddit or something but I like just taking something to Gamestop and not having to worry about listing, shipping, having to deal with any potential issues when they receive it etc. 

I got Infinite Warfare and the season pass was not redeemed but COD Warfare Remastered code was redeemed. Idk what I'm missing out since this is my first COD.  :cry:

You see, I did that and their CS SUCKS! I was told I was lying about the day of preorder despite having confirmations and their online system showing it was on Pro Day.

And then yesterday when I called to ask why I still cannot see my order, their phones literally said it was too busy so call later.

So I placed 2 orders on gamestop.com on monday night. I finally GOT email confirmation at 1:30 am, but the order doesnt show in my history and doesnt show if I try to look it up by confirmation number. I had issues in Thursday night with my orders not showing in my history until the next day, but 3 days seems extreme. Anyone else experience this?

So I placed 2 orders on gamestop.com on monday night. I finally GOT email confirmation at 1:30 am, but the order doesnt show in my history and doesnt show if I try to look it up by confirmation number. I had issues in Thursday night with my orders not showing in my history until the next day, but 3 days seems extreme. Anyone else experience this?
Yeah with my God Of War CE. it finally showed up in my order history.

Almost the same thing happened to me this week. I placed an order on Monday for a headset and a controller but accidentally used my debit card that was saved in their system instead of my trade card. Called CS after getting the confirmation email and even they couldn't find that I placed an order and it was not in my history. Only thing I could do, and did, was to place the same order again but use my trade card this time. On Wednesday, both orders showed in my history so I cancelled the first one on their site. Now both orders are showing to deliver today (and I was only charged for the 2nd one)... We'll see.

You see, I did that and their CS SUCKS! I was told I was lying about the day of preorder despite having confirmations and their online system showing it was on Pro Day.

And then yesterday when I called to ask why I still cannot see my order, their phones literally said it was too busy so call later.
Devil's advocate here. Did you order at 12:30 AM your local time? And is it maybe EST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back