2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to tell sometimes but usually if its being sold from China then its most likely fake
She did get cleared out at $15 at Target, and is $30 right now at Gamestop, but yeah, if the seller is from China it's almost guaranteed it's a fake. I don't bother risking it on nendoroids at this point, I only buy from reputable storefronts or known legit resale storefronts, eBay is just too much of a gamble, some of the fakes aren't that bad I guess but if you can get it in the US 100% legit at the same price why bother

Picked up a number to get smash tonight at 11. Was just in the store to ask a question and they said they were giving out numbers in 15 mins.

If they are lining up at 10:30 do I just need to be there before 11? Got group 1

Can someone please answer a question about Gamestop's return policy?

If I buy a game listed as New on Gamestop.com, and it arrives unsealed, can I return it to a store?  I question this because their website says they do not accept returns of "Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap)."  But if it arrives that way, that doesn't seem like it would be my fault.

If I buy a game listed as New on Gamestop.com, and it arrives unsealed, can I return it to a store? I question this because their website says they do not accept returns of "Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap)." But if it arrives that way, that doesn't seem like it would be my fault.
The extremely strict answer would be no. But the realistic answer is probably. Though you might need to try more than once to get a store/employee who is understanding about the poor condition in which some stores ship out orders.

If I buy a game listed as New on Gamestop.com, and it arrives unsealed, can I return it to a store? I question this because their website says they do not accept returns of "Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap)." But if it arrives that way, that doesn't seem like it would be my fault.
I've done it maybe 5x this year, but only with employees that know me for being a good customer.

Quick question and sorry if it's been answered already, but can I use the Buy 2 get 1 free preowned coupon we got for shopping in store on Black Friday online or does it have to be in-store?  Thanks!

Looks like someone got into my Gamestop account and used 28k points for a $25 uber gc. I didn't get an email about the points being redeemed. Any chance I can get them back?

If you guys have orders placed that's exclusive to Gamestop and were charged shipping you can re-order them if they're in stock and get free shipping now. I did it with the Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro CE's.

Looks like I'm going to have to call Gamestop. Ordered Diablo III Switch bundle with $50 Gift card during Black friday and I received the switch but not the gift card. The order also has Closed status on it too. Frustrating to say the least.

It's amazing, isn't it? When I was buying a game that was on sale about a year ago, the guy did the whole "Ok, this is our last copy and it's opened but it's still new and I'm just going to seal it up here and it's never been played (yada, yada)...)". I decide ok, he rings it up, I pay for it, and then I realize that I never checked it for scratches before he put it in there. I tell him I'm just going to check it for scratches right here at the counter before leaving just in case, and he goes...with a voice that increased in volume and panic with each word..."Ok, but as soon as you OPEN THAT SEAL I CAN'T TAKE IT BACK ANYMOREEEE!". Luckily, the game was fine. But think about the fact that not only can they sell it to you like that apparently, but the mere act of removing the tiny bit of tape they put on the game, right there at the register, is enough in their eyes to make it used rather than new, even if it never even left the counter and is in the same state that they got it from the back in to sell it to me "new".

How they continue to get away with it is still beyond me.
Well, hopefully in 24 months we probably will never have to deal with that shite again. Can't believe it'll have to take a BK to get this a company to stop this shit. where's all the class action attorneys at.

Well, hopefully in 24 months we probably will never have to deal with that shite again. Can't believe it'll have to take a BK to get this a company to stop this shit. where's all the class action attorneys at.
There is currently a class-action lawsuit against Gamestop on behalf of everyone who was financially effected during the credit card leak, actually.

Looks like I'm going to have to call Gamestop. Ordered Diablo III Switch bundle with $50 Gift card during Black friday and I received the switch but not the gift card. The order also has Closed status on it too. Frustrating to say the least.
Tag them on twitter and send their customer service twitter a DM, they’ll respond faster if you tag them publicly.

I just noticed that i got my Double Bonus Points twice, so turned into triple bonus. It was for the 3/$15 deal, so wasn't a lot of points. My first use on tradein only transaction did not get a bonus.

I've already used my bonus points coupon twice and it hasn't disappeared.  Both purchases were for non-Gamestop gift cards so I don't know if it works on those? I got my regular points on schedule, but no bonus yet. Only been two days, but others have said they saw them next day, so who knows. Keep waiting I guess. 

Wake up this morning to find out Gamestop cancelled my preorder for the Collector's Edition of Smash Bros Ultimate AFTER they charged my card......and their customer service phone number is a joke right now!

Yes it is. Through the 24 I believe
They told me yesterday until the end of the month. Don't know if that's accurate or not but that was the answer I got when I asked.

Are the birthday coupons still multi-use until their expiration date? It's been a number of birthdays since I've used one, if it is a change that happened in the past couple years. They told me yesterday that I had one loaded into my account while checking out.

They told me yesterday until the end of the month. Don't know if that's accurate or not but that was the answer I got when I asked.

Are the birthday coupons still multi-use until their expiration date? It's been a number of birthdays since I've used one, if it is a change that happened in the past couple years. They told me yesterday that I had one loaded into my account while checking out.
Unfortunately they are one use only now. They stopped being generic codes for multiple uses a couple of years ago.

Got a Prestige Day email for tomorrow -- B2G1 on all pre-owned products and funkos, and 10% extra credit on any other offers.

Is there usually a drop in the base trade values on Prestige Day to offset the B2G1? I'm wondering if I should dump my stuff today.

I also got the email and I have many prestige stores close by. This seems like a deal they've had a lot though.  Not really sure what the big deal is.

I just got the red dead redemption game via the buy 2 get 1 free from bf but it doesnt have any box, can i go to another store and tell them if i can exchange it for the one with box ?

Does anyone know if for Prestige Day, the 10%  bonus trade-in stacks with the current switch promo? So it would be 35% if it does stack? Also, how would Pro and Elite Pro play into this?

Does anyone know if for Prestige Day, the 10% bonus trade-in stacks with the current switch promo? So it would be 35% if it does stack? Also, how would Pro and Elite Pro play into this?
Can only tell by going in and trying on Prestige Day. In the past some promotions have not stacked, but others have. Good luck!

I brought in a stack of 6 games to trade and I wanted to rebuy 2 of them plus a third game with my B2G1 coupon, but was refused by the employee stating it's against company policy. Is this accurate, or should I just try another store? I haven't dealt with this particular issue before.

Unfortunately, the two long time employees I usually speak with weren't there - I think it was all seasonal help.

I brought in a stack of 6 games to trade and I wanted to rebuy 2 of them plus a third game with my B2G1 coupon, but was refused by the employee stating it's against company policy. Is this accurate, or should I just try another store? I haven't dealt with this particular issue before.

Unfortunately, the two long time employees I usually speak with weren't there - I think it was all seasonal help.
they can refuse a transaction if they choose. I suggest leaving the store and coming back in wearing a disguise (fake mustache or parting hair the other way works well)

yeah... that can get a bit dicy. Best to do the trade in and go back the next buy and rebuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back