2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did too. I was hoping to hear something on this KH PS4 but I couldn't wait any longer after trading in my launch Pro.

Wondering if this will be the same model as the Red Dead Pro? If so, it won't bother me that much that I miss it. I still can't get my wireless to work on my new Pro, even though I never had any problems with wireless on my launch Pro.
Myself and some other people have had issues with the wireless on the new Pro. I’ve had to go back to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz. Not sure what’s going on...

I did too. I was hoping to hear something on this KH PS4 but I couldn't wait any longer after trading in my launch Pro.

Wondering if this will be the same model as the Red Dead Pro? If so, it won't bother me that much that I miss it. I still can't get my wireless to work on my new Pro, even though I never had any problems with wireless on my launch Pro.
afaik, all models released after the Red Dead Pro will be the same model.

Myself and some other people have had issues with the wireless on the new Pro. I’ve had to go back to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz. Not sure what’s going on...
I too have a RDR2 Pro with crappy 5ghz performance. I think at least in part it is related to the wireless router itself. Some sort of weird compatibility issue. I switched Internet providers a day or two before I got the RDR2 PS4 Pro. My previous Internet was 50/50 and the router was older and only did 2.4ghz.

New router (DLink 868I) just sucks with the Pro. The XBox One X sitting right next to it screams along though on 5Ghz. I borrowed an older DLink and it worked upto about 80 on the download (new Internet speed is 200/35). That router seemed to be limited to 100 Mbps on all my other devices and for the brief time I used it with my PS4 Pro it seemed to work well.

Ran a speedtest last night after doing the system update and on 5Ghz it still sucks. Maybe 80K down. Useless.

Tomorrow I am going to try to work on getting it connected via Ethernet. If I can't get that done without major effort I might just pick up a new wireless router and see how that works.

Damn, just popped in gamestop to preorder the KH ps4 pro.  But looks like they would only do a web in store order.  I was hoping to put the minimum down, and then trade my launch pro towards it when it comes out.  Oh well, had to pay in full, so won't be able to do that :) 

Got my order from two days ago (really fast for free shipping). :ps4: Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash came sealed, :3ds: Story of Seasons Trio of Towns was in original case but not original seal (plastic baggie instead). I guess 1 of 2 in original packaging is pretty good for GS.

At least they both had plastic on them, because UPS delivered the box soaked to the f*ing bone. I didn't need a blade to open the box; just pulled the cardboard apart like tissue. I checked our house cams, and they delivered it by golf cart... it had rained like crazy all day OTL

I went in today to buy buy one get one free trading cards. I tried using a $10 New Cert, but it didn't work. The SM (who I know and trust) said that it wouldn't work with this kind of offer, but I know I have used certs on B2G1 games before. Is that weird?

I went in today to buy buy one get one free trading cards. I tried using a $10 New Cert, but it didn't work. The SM (who I know and trust) said that it wouldn't work with this kind of offer, but I know I have used certs on B2G1 games before. Is that weird?
Certificates technically work. But it only helps when you want to bring a higher priced item in range of the others.

If you were buying two $20 items and expected to get the equivalent of $40 of merchandise for $10, that is not how the order of operations are applied. Using a certificate on items that are priced the same in a Buy X Get Y Free sale, you are just telling the register which item you would like to be the free one. It lowers the price of one item, then makes the lowest price item free (the same item).

Now, if you were buying a $30 item and a $20 item, the register should have prompted for $20 in payment - the $30 item was discounted by the $10 certificate and then one of the now $20 items became free.

Did anyone else got charged today by gamestop? I haven’t ordered something from them in a long time and the only thing that comes to my mind is the diablo amiibo which is not supposed to release until next year? (No date has been confirmed so far) or did I just get hack?

Did anyone else got charged today by gamestop? I haven’t ordered something from them in a long time and the only thing that comes to my mind is the diablo amiibo which is not supposed to release until next year? (No date has been confirmed so far) or did I just get hack?
Have you checked your gamestop account to see if something got charged there?

The ore order with the amiibos says processing and the payment method was PayPal. I checked my PayPal history and it says paid when I pre ordered, but then I got a new one today saying pending which is about a dollar more expensive than the previous one. Wtf? Did I get hacked?

My wireless connection on the PS4 Pro with 5 ghz wasn't great and was making online play suck. So I ended switch back to 2.4. Everything has been stable with no drops ever since.

I switch the Internet Connection option to 2.4 only.

I got charged for the Diablo amiibo

Check your BDay coupons. Mine (November month coupon) is expiring today (12/15).

Did anybody ever get in trouble for reusing those coupons that stayed in their active offers? It's finally happened to me. It may be because they had to make some adjustments on the coupon at the POS, but it's still in my active offers.
In some cases the untrained cashier when doing a complicated adjustment or whatever manually punched in the coupons value, meaning it basically was considered unused, and next time you go to use it it will properly scan and disappear- no problem- you got a one time lucky double dip.

Another glitch is where it was used correctly the first time, where it stays in your offers list but is unscannable (rings up already redeemed or invalid?) and will stay there for like a month but you’d be pushing your luck pretending you didn’t use it and asking them to manually ring it especially if they see a recent transaction showing a manual $__ taken off on their screen.

In some cases the untrained cashier when doing a complicated adjustment or whatever manually punched in the coupons value, meaning it basically was considered unused, and next time you go to use it it will properly scan and disappear- no problem- you got a one time lucky double dip.

Another glitch is where it was used correctly the first time, where it stays in your offers list but is unscannable (rings up already redeemed or invalid?) and will stay there for like a month but you’d be pushing your luck pretending you didn’t use it and asking them to manually ring it especially if they see a recent transaction showing a manual $__ taken off on their screen.
Or the coupons scanned correctly on two different transactions. Happened to multiple people around BF.

Well, looks like I ended up in a scenario C like the people who had the other coupons before and reused them. I guess I'll join the list of people waiting to see if anything happens to them over it.
You should be fine. It happened to me on black Friday (Thursday) and today as well. I used a $10 cert this afternoon to purchase two hatchimal toys for my daughter with their current buy one get one 50% off promo. The two toys that I got her were $9.99 and $19.99. I thought it would take off $10 from the one that was $19.99 and then $5 off one of the two since they would be $9.99 each after the cert. To my surprise it took $10 just like I thought it would but then it took $9.99 off of the same toy which would be 50% off the original price of $19.99 making it free so all I paid was $9.99 for the one that was originally at that price. It didn't make sense but I wasn't going to argue. When I got back to my car I realized that the cert was still in my active offers so I thought I would just wait and use it whenever I went to gamestop again some other day but then I thought the hatchimals deal was to good to not do it again. I went into a 2nd gamestop tonight and used it again but it actually didn't work out like I hoped. This time I bought a $19.99 toy and a $17.99 toy. It took off the $10 from the $19.99 item and for some odd reason $7.20 from the $17.99 item. Now that I'm really thinking about it, it was actually a good deal because it could have easily just taken $5 off the item that was $9.99 since that was actually the lower priced item after using the cert. While still in the store I then proceeded to check my active offers and low and behold the cert was still there. I just said screw it and picked up UFC 3 for the Xbox One. Paid $10 for it after using the cert for the 3rd time. Checked my active offers again when I got back to my car and it was finally gone.

Wow GS effed up my order big time for this order. I ordered Fate extella noble ed for PS4 and received the VITA ver today! I checked back on the website to make sure that I did indeed order the PS4 ver., which I did... 

I had to borrow a friends elite pro number to get the free 2 day shipping. I would've been pissed if this arrived late finding out it was the correct ver!

Yeah do not cancel. For whatever reason, the credit does not go back to the card. I had to call in to resolve.
I second this. Gamestop has robbed me of over 100$ worth of trade credit due to online order cancellations. Even calling has not rectified the situation. I got so frustrated I just gave up.

Only use credit card on gamestop.com.

I want to trade in forza horizon 4 but trade in for it is terrible everywhere but gamestop offer 27.... thinki can do better at the end of the month boost?

Related to this post:

https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-1tb-spring-bundle/129227

If you could find it in store, that's pretty good for $141.97. Features a bunch of (probably digital) titles: Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rare Replay, and Ori and the Blind Forest. But the chances of finding one out in the wild is probably slim to none.

I've been going back and forth about getting an xb1 again. Do any of these have physical copies?
I have a $65 rewards certificate that I know I probably won't use by the end of the year. Can't decide if it's worth taking a gamble and hoping the tiv of the x1s will be >= $200 in the future, or just buy an snes classic and flip it when they get discontinued.

just the fallout 76 bundle. xbox ones for some reason almost never include disc games
Probably to push their agenda going all digital. They're in it for the long game. Once it gets introduced to someone, they may buy more seeing how easy it is would be my guess.

Long story short, I bought a psvr bundle on 12/4 for someone. Would I be able to take my receipt and get an adjustment? The person already opened and used the vr.

Long story short, I bought a psvr bundle on 12/4 for someone. Would I be able to take my receipt and get an adjustment? The person already opened and used the vr.
I've just brought in a receipt for a game and collectible in the past and have gotten the difference within the 30 day window. They may only give the difference back in a gift card, but you might be able to get original form of payment, YMMV.

So a buddy of mine bought Horizon Zero Down, Uncharted 4 and the Drake Collection for me using my trade credit on Black Friday, but the idiot got used copies for the Uncharted games instead of new sealed ones and spent more of my credit than he should have. Will I have any trouble getting my credit back and/or getting new copies of the games I wanted?

So a buddy of mine bought Horizon Zero Down, Uncharted 4 and the Drake Collection for me using my trade credit on Black Friday, but the idiot got used copies for the Uncharted games instead of new sealed ones and spent more of my credit than he should have. Will I have any trouble getting my credit back and/or getting new copies of the games I wanted?
You can get your money back since it's under 30 days but I doubt they'll give you a new one for the black Friday price

Friend did you a favor (?) and is now an idiot. Nice.

If he specifically asked the friend to buy new copies of those games and the friend ended up getting used copies, then yes, said friend is an idiot who didn't follow directions.
Gamestop can be a chaotic place, maybe new copies weren't available. So the lesson is, never do anything for a friend who will call you an idiot if you potentially did the best you could. Got it!

I will never call a friend who buy me wrong things an idiot. Clearly some people don't have manners

Also do you really go to GS to buy sealed games? hahaha

You can get your money back since it's under 30 days but I doubt they'll give you a new one for the black Friday price
Actually this is incorrect. You can only get your money back within 7 days on used games but you have 30 days to exchange it for the same product if it's defective. The 30 money back policy is only for new unopened merchandise.

Edit: I'm assuming it was in store but if it was online then I believe you still have time to return them.

I find it funny people complain about Gamestop treating them like crap for helping but treating your friend like crap for helping is ok :p  

Take a look at your receipt. We are in the holiday timeframe for returns and GStop is very generous in bumping the return times for ALL games to January 15th (for purchases from Thanksgiving on). I didn't believe the print, so I asked a manager and they confirmed the return window. Normally USED games are 7days and new/unopened games are 30.

Take a look at your receipt. We are in the holiday timeframe for returns and GStop is very generous in bumping the return times for ALL games to January 15th (for purchases from late October on). I didn't believe the print, so I asked a manager and they confirmed the return window. Normally USED games are 7days and new/unopened games are 30.
FTFY.

life is too short for bad games.
It wasn't a bad game...it actually had a decent campaign with a story that fit the Metal Gear universe rather nicely, and the online was quite fun. Lack of significant added content caused the population to fade rather quickly (ie. Maps, modes) and a pretty poor crew management system (not to mention the monotonous wait times and microtransactions to bypass them that were akin to a F2P game). But I played it for about 2 months from launch, and loved it. Excellent gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back