2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop can be a chaotic place, maybe new copies weren't available. So the lesson is, never do anything for a friend who will call you an idiot if you potentially did the best you could. Got it!
The term “idiot” was used endearingly, as his pet name for me is “moron.” Having realized far too late that strangers on the internet wouldn’t know this, I admit my words sound harsh and unappreciative. All that said, it’s good to know I can get my credit back if not the new games at the BF price. And once again, I see the dangers of pure text without context raise their ugly head...entirely my fault, though. Carry on, GS thread! [emoji4][emoji106]

I tried going through the comments during the last stealth bump but couldn't find my answer. Does anyone know if Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 got bumped?

I tried trading in two copies of DOOM for Switch (wanted to trade in both for the 25% bonus) the other day and the dude said he could only take one today and the other tomorrow for LP reasons. Has this always been a thing, or should I just try somewhere else? If it is the case, are there any Switch games out there that are flippable without a loss to throw in with it?

I tried trading in two copies of DOOM for Switch (wanted to trade in both for the 25% bonus) the other day and the dude said he could only take one today and the other tomorrow for LP reasons. Has this always been a thing, or should I just try somewhere else? If it is the case, are there any Switch games out there that are flippable without a loss to throw in with it?
Yes, one game per system per trade-in transaction. Recommended to go to different stores if you're trying to trade in mults

I wasn't sure if Katamari Damacy Reroll was going to be hard to find or not. It went OOS online, then came back, but now OOS again and stock is starting to disappear from stores. I would imagine it would not have a very high print run, but I wonder if more will become available later. I'm hoping to get a pre-owned copy for $20 with my Elite Pro discount. Play-asia has it available as well, so there's always that route.

I wasn't sure if Katamari Damacy Reroll was going to be hard to find or not. It went OOS online, then came back, but now OOS again and stock is starting to disappear from stores. I would imagine it would not have a very high print run, but I wonder if more will become available later. I'm hoping to get a pre-owned copy for $20 with my Elite Pro discount. Play-asia has it available as well, so there's always that route.
I might buy a few when I'm in store just in case it does go OOS for good. I doubt it's a game that'll be in production for long if they haven't already stopped.

Fml, I gifted my copy of Katamari as an early Christmas gift....now oos everywhere :(
Sorry to hear that...I’ve been watching the stock on KD:R myself. I guess the secret is out: It was everywhere around me until yesterday, and suddenly only 1 store within 50 miles has it left. Might try to go snag it tomorrow

yeah yikes, might pick up a copy of katamari since a lot of stores here still have it, price is already going up secondhand

Finally found a store with a copy of Reroll, 2 hour roundtrip. At least it was actually a sealed copy.
For the cost of gas and time, I don’t think this worked out in your favor. I have that issue a lot myself, where the time I spend looking for something is totally not worth the few extra dolllars savings.

For the cost of gas and time, I don’t think this worked out in your favor. I have that issue a lot myself, where the time I spend looking for something is totally not worth the few extra dolllars savings.
I had a $25 cert plus gas is near $2 per gallon, so maybe $6-8 for gas.

Is Reroll a limited release or expected to go up in price or something?
Stock seems to be disappearing slowly, although some areas seem to be plentiful. No longer available for order online. It went OOS once before, but then came back, but gone now again. In the Minneapolis area, it's unavailable in stores. Play-Asia is selling the Asian region version for $30, so there is always that route.

https://sea.play-asia.com/katamari-damacy-reroll-multi-language/13/70cbgt

Lucked out at my GS this morning. They had a gutted display copy of Katamari Reroll, as well as a sealed copy. Ended up getting them both. Most other stores around me are sold out now.

Was the battlefield v for $30 sale extended for another week? I bought a copy hoping to use the guaranteed $30 trade in today or tomorrow, but now I don't know if it will work since it looks like GS extended the sale (fine print says BFV needs to be $39.99 or higher new).

I don't get the sudden interest in getting Katamari.  Is it just because its a GS exclusive and it might go up in value or is it actually a good game?

Was the battlefield v for $30 sale extended for another week? I bought a copy hoping to use the guaranteed $30 trade in today or tomorrow, but now I don't know if it will work since it looks like GS extended the sale (fine print says BFV needs to be $39.99 or higher new).
I checked in store yesterday. They were giving $34.4 for elite

Edit: also technically the MSRP is $60, so either that meets the requirement of the fine print or they goofed

I checked in store yesterday. They were giving $34.4 for elite

Edit: also technically the MSRP is $60, so either that meets the requirement of the fine print or they goofed
Thanks, I went in today, it worked out to the $30+elite/pro. My low-key way to convert GS points to credit strikes again.

I don't get the sudden interest in getting Katamari. Is it just because its a GS exclusive and it might go up in value or is it actually a good game?
Katamari Damacy is a treasure! The game was excellent on PS2 and it's still excellent today on Switch. Reroll is a really solid HD port of the original game too. I am a big fan of the series so I had to get the physical copy at Gamestop day one, but for a lot of people getting the physical copy is probably FOMO since it's a Gamestop exclusive.

Buying every copy of Katamari Reroll in a 100 mile radius to fund my children through college down the road

But do GameStop exclusives really go up in value that much? I remember when Secret of Mana did the same thing then they restocked and no one wanted it. Wouldn’t be surprised if this does it as well.

But do GameStop exclusives really go up in value that much? I remember when Secret of Mana did the same thing then they restocked and no one wanted it. Wouldn’t be surprised if this does it as well.
I don't think Katamari Damacy Reroll will become some sort of sought after expensive game. Katamari has scored a lot better with reviewers than the Secret of Mana remake did though and it's also cheaper to manufacture PS4 games than it is Switch. That being said pretty much every Gamestop store around me has Katamari Damacy Reroll in stock now.

Yea, this is more Xenoblade Chronicles than Secret of Mana. The SoM remake was pretty bad (I actually platinumed it). Katamari I bought the first week. It plays like it always did. This will probably get a reprint or something at this rate, so it's pointless to scrounge, IMO.

i’m going to trade in bfv tonight from the target deal. i spent $34 for $34 in GS trade credit, Madden 19, NHL 19, and AC Odyssey.

Basically scored M19, NHL19, and ACO for free since both GS credit and Target giftcards are same as cash for me (netflix, eshop, everyday shopping)

Anybody know if you can return and rebuy to get $25 gift card in store? It says bundles dont qualify but it could potentially work if the system allows, just havent tried it.
sorry, something funky going on with either the website or IE. Anyhow, personal experiences says yes as I did it for the Diablo bundle I bought a few weeks prior to BF to get the $50 GC BF promo.

I have a question concerning the 3 for $15 deal.

So say my 3rd game is $11.99 but with the elite pro membership goes down to $9.59, does that count as part of the deal with elite price or does it count as normal price

And can I use a $10 preowned certificate for the $15 deal or is it going to go to one item only

Thanks for the help

I have a question concerning the 3 for $15 deal.

So say my 3rd game is $11.99 but with the elite pro membership goes down to $9.59, does that count as part of the deal with elite price or does it count as normal price

And can I use a $10 preowned certificate for the $15 deal or is it going to go to one item only

Thanks for the help
Pre-PUR discount price only for x under $y for $z deals.

Not sure on the certificates, but I'd say be cautious.

What is the big deal with katamari?
I plotted it's current price trend based on national stock availability and eBay price changes, based on previous titles that were GameStop exclusive with short print runs I calculate NIB sealed katamari to be selling at $400 on eBay by late February, GameStop price should adjust in later January in reaction to the trends, buy now or regret later

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back