2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone taken advantage of the extra $50 on trading in a console? just wondering if it is $50 on top of what is listed on the site or if they have already rolled the bonus into the trade quote

Thanks

Also can you still buy Amazon GC's with GS credit, haven't stepped in gamestop for a long time and this used to be a thing

Im seeing everybody talking about how katamari is going to be limited but just went to 3 diferent gamestops and one had 5 copies and the other 2 had 8+ copies am i missing something ?
No your not. For some reason “GameStop Exclusive” combine with “Switch” have some people thinking they have a retirement plan in mind when nearly most of their past exclusives aren’t even worth MSRP.

No your not. For some reason “GameStop Exclusive” combine with “Switch” have some people thinking they have a retirement plan in mind when nearly most of their past exclusives aren’t even worth MSRP.
I just ordered my lambo with custom katamari wrap

Has anyone taken advantage of the extra $50 on trading in a console? just wondering if it is $50 on top of what is listed on the site or if they have already rolled the bonus into the trade quote

Thanks

Also can you still buy Amazon GC's with GS credit, haven't stepped in gamestop for a long time and this used to be a thing
The 50 is additional to the current trade values. I got 240 for a Nintendo Switch. GameStop now restricts what giftcards you can get with trade credit. Some people were lucky to get employees approve the sale transaction from gamestop to amazon. I have also heard stories that they have also stopped selling Amazon giftcards. I think the only giftcards that work are restaurants, gas and southwest.

The 50 is additional to the current trade values. I got 240 for a Nintendo Switch. GameStop now restricts what giftcards you can get with trade credit. Some people were lucky to get employees approve the sale transaction from gamestop to amazon. I have also heard stories that they have also stopped selling Amazon giftcards. I think the only giftcards that work are restaurants, gas and southwest.
I don’t think gas cards work unless something has changed.

Im seeing everybody talking about how katamari is going to be limited but just went to 3 diferent gamestops and one had 5 copies and the other 2 had 8+ copies am i missing something ?
It seems to depend on location. For example, searching New York, it's available in dozens of locations while in Minnesota, it is sold out.

Since Bandai Namco is not a small company, I would fully expect another batch after the holidays, especially as copies start to sellout at GameStop locations. I recall when the PS2 version came out, it was very difficult to find, but then they had a reprint and it was plentiful. I imagine the same thing here unless creating a Switch cartridge is that cost prohibitive.

I personally bought the game to play it, not resell, and decided to buy now since I had a $25 cert to use on it and for the slim chance it does not come back and aftermarket prices continue to rise.

I honestly thought Jurai was messing around, but it's pretty much wiped out in both Kansas City and Tulsa (the two major cities closest to me) and completely gone from the small and mid-sized towns in between.

I can't speak for future value, but it's definitely not easy to get anymore, at least in the Midwest. Is it common for GS exclusives to sell out, or is this more due to the cult following of Kalamari?

I honestly thought Jurai was messing around, but it's pretty much wiped out in both Kansas City and Tulsa (the two major cities closest to me) and completely gone from the small and mid-sized towns in between.
I can't speak for future value, but it's definitely not easy to get anymore, at least in the Midwest. Is it common for GS exclusives to sell out, or is this more due to the cult following of Kalamari?
Probably fomo at the moment, there's no confirmation is they will print more or not, profit margins on switch prints at $30 probably aren't super great, so it's probably in bandais interest to run the physical prints as close to demand as possible then meet digital sales

Can confirm Minnesota is wiped out. Bought the last new copy at Austin this morning.

Mason City Iowa is holding one for me that I won't be picking up now.

Good luck IA and MN CAG

Weird thing happened at GS. Went to buy used Monster Hunter World X1, got sealed copy at the used Pro price. Almost fainted
Similar thing happened to me with a switch pro controller. Online, it said the store had it pre-owened , but they could not find it, so the manager opened a brand new one and just handed it to me for the price of a used one (elite brought it even lower).

I was shocked 😲

Weird thing happened at GS. Went to buy used Monster Hunter World X1, got sealed copy at the used Pro price. Almost fainted

Similar thing happened to me with a switch pro controller. Online, it said the store had it pre-owened , but they could not find it, so the manager opened a brand new one and just handed it to me for the price of a used one (elite brought it even lower).

I was shocked
Back during their Black Friday sale, I ordered from GameStop God of War 3 Remastered along with other used games using their sale prices and the CAG16 code on top of my elite pro discount I had at the time. I was surprised to see GOW 3 was brand new and sealed and I paid $8 for it.

So let me see, I order a used game online and it comes sealed, but I go to the physical store and ask for a new game and its gutted. Yep, makes perfect sense.

I did after train rides all over the city. Egad. What a an annoying problem. But hey they gave me a 1 year warranty on the swap

Oh. My. God. Tested all the games. Zelda doesn’t work. GameStop get your shit together ffs

Guess GS servers are down again. Haven't been able to jump on the site to look up anything in the last 30 plus minutes. May try the app. Or wait till Monday. 

Guess GS servers are down again. Haven't been able to jump on the site to look up anything in the last 30 plus minutes. May try the app. Or wait till Monday.
N/M as usual it's Chrome. For some reason over the last few months I have had issues connecting to GS site via Chrome. Works just fine with Edge. So Edge it is from now on.

I have had associates ride my ass for months to use my points to renew my PUR, I finally relented and allowed them to renew using some points less than two weeks ago. 

I go in today to get Xbox points for my nephew and was told they have no record of me having a PUR account. 

WTF?

I now have to call their number to try to work this mess out.  Typical GS BS.    :wall:

The Katamari shits been going on for like 3 pages guys, it's very hard to find some places, that doesn't mean most of us think it's going to be worth a ton, we just wanted a copy to have, isn't that half the point of this site? Seems like the horse died a long time ago, no need to keep flogging it.

I think servers are down, had trouble finding anyone in the system the last 30-45 minutes of my shift. When I finally found the customer it told me Customer Lookup currently unavailable. So might be maintenance? Not sure

I got another Katamari switch copy for switch. This time it's sealed. The guy that put it on hold before me didn't pick it up. The copies in my area are being bought up. Let's make that money  :D/

I feel like im the only one that bought Katamari because i actually wanted it and not to sell it.

Gutted my sealed copy as soon as i left the store yesterday and it hasnt left my Switch since.

Found a “new” copy of Katamari at a local store. Turns out to have been a return (and Nintendo Rewards already claimed) so got GS to match the used price for it.

Now begins the hopeful wait for a post-Christmas trade promo. Maybe even last-gen TIVs going back to their pre-October levels, but that seems delusional at this point.

Speaking of which, didn't someone post a really through eBay/PayPal fee calculator on this thread? I've searched, but can't find it.

Actually this is incorrect. You can only get your money back within 7 days on used games but you have 30 days to exchange it for the same product if it's defective. The 30 money back policy is only for new unopened merchandise.

Edit: I'm assuming it was in store but if it was online then I believe you still have time to return them.
GS Holiday Return policy overwrites this.

I have had associates ride my ass for months to use my points to renew my PUR, I finally relented and allowed them to renew using some points less than two weeks ago.

I go in today to get Xbox points for my nephew and was told they have no record of me having a PUR account.

WTF?

I now have to call their number to try to work this mess out. Typical GS BS. :wall:
PUR lookup went down late on Saturday night so that was likely the issue.

Everything works for trade/gift cards except Amazon, gas, & Visa.

Also it’s $50 on top of the base TIV of the console, only on credit trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back