2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw all the BS about Katamari this morning, did a search and had it pop up at 10 stores within 100 miles with one being in town.  Refreshed throughout the day and that number has dwindled to 5, and the closest is 76 miles away.

I'm going to start watching listings for mansions in the area to see who bought all these up.

BTW, the explanation I was given for the PUR issue was that they had used the points to renew but had not actually applied it?  Whatever.  It works now.  They still owe me a couple bucks and some points for my purchase last night.

$50 on ebay. Christmas came early. 

JyU6alY.gif

Now begins the hopeful wait for a post-Christmas trade promo. Maybe even last-gen TIVs going back to their pre-October levels, but that seems delusional at this point.

Speaking of which, didn't someone post a really through eBay/PayPal fee calculator on this thread? I've searched, but can't find it.
It does vary a bit, but a rough estimate of 13 percent between the two is a pretty good estimate.

O Nooos i just checked my local gamestops on REROLL,   its all gone!!  last week there were least a dozen stores within 30 miles that had it, now the closest is like 90 miles away. 

tenor.gif

I just used my b2g1 coupon from renewing PUR. Can I return one and swap it for another game like you can when they gave their normal b2g1 sale or will it not work because of the coupon?

All you assholes are late.  I preordered Katamari :)

Amazing game back on PS2 and amazing game now.

Is there any real good use for B2G1 coupons for people who don't like flipping?

I had one from the BF sale and one from pro renewal, and im struggling to find a way to use it. I was going to use it to pick up Vampyr, FC5, and Borderlands THC, but I'd have to return Vampyr and FC5 that I bought online. That was before GS apparently raised FC5 used to $35 from $23, so that's not happening now.

Is there a market for people to buy them or something? I'd hate to waste a second one this month.

Damn I went for Bendy instead. Guess I went for the wrong retirement switch plan.
Don't sell yourself short. Bendy and the Ink Machine (Switch version) is sold out online plus sold out new and used at every store within 250 miles of me.

At least it still has a cheaper physical PS4 and XBox One version to fall back on though.

Is there any real good use for B2G1 coupons for people who don't like flipping?

I had one from the BF sale and one from pro renewal, and im struggling to find a way to use it. I was going to use it to pick up Vampyr, FC5, and Borderlands THC, but I'd have to return Vampyr and FC5 that I bought online. That was before GS apparently raised FC5 used to $35 from $23, so that's not happening now.

Is there a market for people to buy them or something? I'd hate to waste a second one this month.
Worst case, find two things you really want, one that you don't - and trade it in later. At the very least you cut your cost on the games you wanted to get (still shoot for best value - like three games priced similarly)

I put 50 sealed copies of Bendy into a safety deposit box to leave my grandchildren so that they can live their life on their personal private yachts in the maldives and never pay for anything their entire life

Is Reroll OOP already?
nobody knows, Gamestop never wrote me back, Bandai said it could entirely be OOP but that I'd have to ask Gamestop whether they were ultimately reprinting or not, it could have dried up just cuz of the holidays coinciding with the release timeframe

Dang, sealed copies of Katamari are going for over $50 sold today on eBay. I’m now so paranoid of opening my only copy that I guess I’ll never play it, just like I still have a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy steelbook. Both will forever sit unopened, because the idea of selling on eBay is anxiety-inducing to me.

I put 50 sealed copies of Bendy into a safety deposit box to leave my grandchildren so that they can live their life on their personal private yachts in the maldives and never pay for anything their entire life
Well I will do you one better I decided to trade my 100 copies of Bendy all for the holy grail CORY IN THE HOUSE. Now we sit and wait.

Dang, sealed copies of Katamari are going for over $50 sold today on eBay. I’m now so paranoid of opening my only copy that I guess I’ll never play it, just like I still have a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy steelbook. Both will forever sit unopened, because the idea of selling on eBay is anxiety-inducing to me.
If you do ever sell, I would highly suggest getting insurance on shipping. I sold a copy of Job Simulator at one point and it essentially got lost along the way to the buyer. I was forced to refund the seller due to eBay's TOS, but I used priority mail, so I was able to get $50 of the value back. I was really lucky though as they eventually found it and sent it back to me. Not sure if the buyer had their address wrong or what, but then I was able to sell it again for a higher price and I bought insurance this time. Of course, it arrived no problem this time.

If you do ever sell, I would highly suggest getting insurance on shipping. I sold a copy of Job Simulator at one point and it essentially got lost along the way to the buyer. I was forced to refund the seller due to eBay's TOS, but I used priority mail, so I was able to get $50 of the value back. I was really lucky though as they eventually found it and sent it back to me. Not sure if the buyer had their address wrong or what, but then I was able to sell it again for a higher price and I bought insurance this time. Of course, it arrived no problem this time.
Yeah, that's one thing I hate about selling items that are essentially irreplaceable by conventional means. USPS will give you $50 insurance by default if using first class or higher, not 100% if that applies to media mail. If you're selling something above $50 that you have no way to easily replace it's worth spending the extra bucks for the coverage instead of trying to nickel and dime your shipping costs.

I had one of the buyers from my LRG sell off state an item didn't arrive, they filed a claim but eBay ended up backing me up since I had tracking showing it had been delivered to the intended destination, not sure if they were trying to scam or if the package got stolen or what happened there but at least I didn't have to deal with too much over it

Anxiety inducing?!?

I highly suggest the opposite. Lost or damaged packages are extremely rare, which is why USPS is more than happy to sell you that insurance. Generally speaking, insurance is a bad bet, which is why profitable industries sprang up to sell it. But you kind of need that bad bet in case your house is destroyed by a tornado or you are in a crippling car wreck — not so much for an eBay package.

I have to agree with Johnny - I've sold a few hundred items on there this past year, mostly all with free first class shipping. They all arrived. If I had insured them, it would have been technically better to have had the USPS lost quite a few.

eBay still sucks though. And selling a game for $50 that someone paid 30+ tax for after driving to go get it - makes me sad.

eBay fees are what really kill me, I owe $200 this month, adds up fast. I've been trying to just sell locally when I can through offer up, but some stuff just has to market without eBay for the national audience

Between ebay fees, paypal fees, and then shipping...yeah adds up EXTREMELY quickly.  

As for missing/damaged packaging, while I usually don't have too many issues, last year I had a few.  Two from USPS were marked delivered "left in mailbox" and they were indeed NOT there.  Despite contacting USPS they had no explanation.  In both cases, the items turned up delivered in my mailbox 3-7 WEEKS later...yes, weeks.  Not sure if they were delivered to the wrong house and sent back and redelivered or what...but definitely frustrating.  Yeah I know that didn't have much to do with this haha, but was interesting nonetheless.

you can sell things on eBay and not be scalping, I've been openly commenting that I'm selling off my entire LRG collection

edit: totally selling my 200 katamari reroll's when it hits $1k tho! missing packages is the main reason I rarely ship overseas, the couple times I have it's been hard to find hardware (Panasonic M2, Sega DS-16 cart switcher, Panasonic Q) that the buyers were willing to shell up the cash to fund delivery, I'm just very leery of losing a package once it's outside the states and being SOL if it goes mia

you can sell things on eBay and not be scalping, I've been openly commenting that I'm selling off my entire LRG collection

edit: totally selling my 200 katamari reroll's when it hits $1k tho! missing packages is the main reason I rarely ship overseas, the couple times I have it's been hard to find hardware (Panasonic M2, Sega DS-16 cart switcher, Panasonic Q) that the buyers were willing to shell up the cash to fund delivery, I'm just very leery of losing a package once it's outside the states and being SOL if it goes mia
Ship through eBay's Global Shipping Program. It goes to a center in the US, and after that I've never had any issues. You just have to make sure your items are the correct weight, box size, etc. as the potential buyer pays their end of shipping based on the accuracy of that.

I probably only had 10 sales internationally last year, but it was for items that were harder to move domestically.

Ship through eBay's Global Shipping Program. It goes to a center in the US, and after that I've never had any issues. You just have to make sure your items are the correct weight, box size, etc. as the potential buyer pays their end of shipping based on the accuracy of that.

I probably only had 10 sales internationally last year, but it was for items that were harder to move domestically.
it's been awhile since I sold internationally I'm not sure if you could even do that when I last did, good to know though

eBay fees are what really kill me, I owe $200 this month, adds up fast. I've been trying to just sell locally when I can through offer up, but some stuff just has to market without eBay for the national audience
You should look into Mercari. I just signed up for it and I like it. 10 percent fees and very easy to list things on mobile compared to eBay.

Would you all kindly shut up about katamari. It was sorta funny the first 1-2 times somebody said what they are gonna do with their profits, but you don't need to go on for 2-3 pages about it.

Would you all kindly shut up about katamari. It was sorta funny the first 1-2 times somebody said what they are gonna do with their profits, but you don't need to go on for 2-3 pages about it.
I said the same thing last page to no effect. Apparently they all think their inside joke is much more hilarious than the rest of us do.

I said the same thing last page to no effect. Apparently they all think their inside joke is much more hilarious than the rest of us do.
You guys haven't been here long enough if this is getting to you. This thread has very dull and repetitive humor most of the time. The only good thing is when Ferrari posts his photoshop memes.

I have to agree with Johnny - I've sold a few hundred items on there this past year, mostly all with free first class shipping. They all arrived. If I had insured them, it would have been technically better to have had the USPS lost quite a few.

eBay still sucks though. And selling a game for $50 that someone paid 30+ tax for after driving to go get it - makes me sad.
For most cases yes i agree, in my case the item sold for about $100, so it would have made sense. If the item isn't more than $50, then just go with priority mail and you are covered.

I've only had items lost in transit twice, but this one was recovered. The other was worth $12, so no big deal. It is a rare occurrence, but i was mostly trying to inform that insurance is really to protect the seller not the buyer in the case of selling on eBay amd i would imagine other selling platforms.

Just got my Diablo Amiibo in the mail and this bag was in a plastic sleeve in the box. 20% extra credit on all game trades that you can fit in the bag. No expiration date on the offer in the fine print. There's a bag SKU and Promotion SKU underneath the ruler. I have no idea of course if these are in any way unique so I blocked them out for now. 

https://imgur.com/a/5yDgBWj

I have no idea of course if these are in any way unique so I blocked them out for now.
Usually only unique if they have a "-" followed by a second part to the code. Reusable ones are usually just 1 string of numbers. Would be great if this is a thing going around though. First trade bonus in ages, even if it's a little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back