2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This and a few other top tier games had a base of $35 or so two weeks ago. The drop is due to the CSAC and B2G1 promo I would assume. Hopefully the TIVs rebound by the end of January when I need to return/rebuy the KH3 PS4 Pro.
Last year I took advantage of the B2G1 sale and I remember having to hold onto my games for a few months before a decent promo came along. GS seems to follow the same pattern every year, when it comes to promos.

what is the correct pronounciation? I don’t want to look dumb in front of the seasonals
"Hi, do you have Call of mrmmhrmmmm?"

The key is that you have to suavely cover your mouth with your hand in one smooth motion while you mumble, and then stare intensely with great confidence at the employee afterwards (flexing optional, but it doesn't hurt) to assert dominance so that they don't question your pronunciation. Don't break eye contact before they do! Otherwise they will be emboldened to ask you to repeat yourself, and then you will be forced to actually try and say the word.

When I went to gamestop today to make a purchase. The associate said I had $10 reward certificate on my account to use. May want to check your account to see if you have one. I still have all my points so there was no redemption of points. Not sure if this error or some type of promo of some sort. exp. was jan. 8

I think I'm sitting this mwst & csac weekend out. Trying to take a vacation from everything but family and gaming, hopefully I don't miss out.

When I went to gamestop today to make a purchase. The associate said I had $10 reward certificate on my account to use. May want to check your account to see if you have one. I still have all my points so there was no redemption of points. Not sure if this error or some type of promo of some sort. exp. was jan. 8
As I posted last night, the $10 credit GS was offering when you bought RDR2 or Fallout 76 over the BF weekend is hitting accounts.

We *should* have a Most Wanted bump this weekend since it's the last weekend of the month. I'm really hoping for a trade-in promo after New Year to offload a bunch of last gen stuff I held onto for too long.
I’m not so sure because it’s currently cash same as credit time for everybody but California.

I passed on Call of The Choo Choo. I loved the Xbox/PC one from early 00's tho.

Btw, update on Katamari. The website doesn't have used copies in stock anymore! Its finally happening. I'm gonna be rich.

I passed on Call of The Choo Choo. I loved the Xbox/PC one from early 00's tho.
Btw, update on Katamari. The website doesn't have used copies in stock anymore! Its finally happening. I'm gonna be rich.
I look forward to quoting my posts when it hits 400

Freaking California people getting like their 3rd 70% bump this year. Where's the Google sheets spreadsheet that showed all the stores that were inelligible for csac? Was pretty sure there were some stores outside California that were elligible (thinking Vegas and some other places).

Freaking California people getting like their 3rd 70% bump this year. Where's the Google sheets spreadsheet that showed all the stores that were inelligible for csac? Was pretty sure there were some stores outside California that were elligible (thinking Vegas and some other places).
There were a few in central/south Florida from what I remember.

GameStop ad says csac!

Now through 1/11/19.

Csac ineligible store list: https://m.gamestop.com/gs/images/tradecenter/CSAC_ineligible_stores.pdf

Good timing on the CSAC - my ten year old plasma has upped the frequency of randomly powering off, so it's time for it to go away. Anybody know now much wiggle room Best Buy has when negotiating prices on open box TVs?

I've always had trouble calculating the trade in boosts with the credit value, can anyone explain how to properly do it?

If you're pro, is it 50% x the Pro Credit Value, 60% or 70%, when there is an active trade boost?

The sheets were available when I was active on cag and then I noticed it was gone when I came back. Sounds like somebody decided to be stupid one day while I was gone. Shame.

Can someone explain the casc for ineligible stores?  So if the website says something is worth $21 base trade-in casc (no pro or elite), an ineligible store will give 21x1.6 (60% for pro) in credit? So $33.60?

Sorry, noob to GS shenanigans and I'm not the only one so appreciate the help.

Not really seeing what the excitement is about since that just about gets you to where the base values ought to be.

As I posted last night, the $10 credit GS was offering when you bought RDR2 or Fallout 76 over the BF weekend is hitting accounts.
I got one and didn't buy either on Black Friday. Although I did buy Fallout 76 on release and on Gamestop's website at the time said you would get a $10 certificate but nobody at my local store knew what I was talking about. Maybe they saw people asking about and finally gave in.

The sheets were available when I was active on cag and then I noticed it was gone when I came back. Sounds like somebody decided to be stupid one day while I was gone. Shame.
Lurkers conspired to get BB thrown off the board because they wouldn’t wait until just the next months bump to earn enough posts/trust for access. Meanwhile, some Tourette’s Guy types that “Stan” GameStop despite being too... I dunno the politically correct term for half-r-word types that live in halfway houses and believe pro wrestling is real at 30... to ever get a job there, decided to “teacher you forgot to give us homework” GameStop management via email and reddit to make them change their policies to be less flip-worthy for us.

Lurkers conspired to get BB thrown off the board because they wouldn’t wait until just the next months bump to earn enough posts/trust for access. Meanwhile, some Tourette’s Guy types that “Stan” GameStop despite being too... I dunno the politically correct term for half-r-word types that live in halfway houses and believe pro wrestling is real at 30... to ever get a job there, decided to “teacher you forgot to give us homework” GameStop management via email and reddit to make them change their policies to be less flip-worthy for us.
I lost track halfway through, but it sounds about right. Also the witch hunt for people supposedly leaking BB's lists out to other sites created unnecessary tension.

i award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul

Good timing on the CSAC - my ten year old plasma has upped the frequency of randomly powering off, so it's time for it to go away. Anybody know now much wiggle room Best Buy has when negotiating prices on open box TVs?
I got my current tv for free at gamestop online thanks to flipping last last summer. amazingg times those were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back