2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys know they're going to print more Katamari right? Or if not it'll cap out at like 50 or 60 tops on ebay once the hype dies. People freaking out about the rarity of a 1 month old game never ceases to amaze me.
Look at the price of Bendy and the Ink Machine for Switch.....that game came out on both PS4/Switch. Katamari just came out on Switch.

Look at the price of Bendy and the Ink Machine for Switch.....that game came out on both PS4/Switch. Katamari just came out on Switch.
So you want me to look at the price of a one month old game so that I can retract what I said about people flipping out about the rarity of one month old games?

Why don't you look at the price of Devil's Third, Hello Kitty Cruisers, Mario Sonic 2016 or any of those other at their peak $100+ Wii U games and chill with the sky is falling stuff.

Not much for B2G1 but

PS4
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
Valkyrie Revolution
Omega Quintet

X360 (All 3 had $4.99 price tag! They had to honor it!)
FF XIII (Rang up $9.99)
FF XIII-2 (Rang up $14.99)
Soul Calibur V (Rang up $14.99)

So you want me to look at the price of a one month old game so that I can retract what I said about people flipping out about the rarity of one month old games?

Why don't you look at the price of Devil's Third, Hello Kitty Cruisers, Mario Sonic 2016 or any of those other at their peak $100+ Wii U games and chill with the sky is falling stuff.
we want you to not be a little bitch and do some fucking research

we want you to not be a little bitch and do some fucking research
LOL well eff you too then. Have you only been collecting for like six months or something? This switch physical market has speculative bubble written all over it. I swear, half the people that complain about the prices of these games wouldn't even want them to begin with if they weren't "OMG SO RARE."

LOL well eff you too then. Have you only been collecting for like six months or something? This switch physical market has speculative bubble written all over it. I swear, half the people that complain about the prices of these games wouldn't even want them to begin with if they weren't "OMG SO RARE."
have a good new year buddy, maybe playing the stock market would be a better spot for you since you seem to understand speculative bubbles

I managed to secure a switch GameCube controller adapter today. Just randomly popped up in stock at a nearby store. All the guys in the shop were confused as to why they only received one. I’ll take it. And I can now cancel my endless BB order that hasn’t moved in weeks.

I managed to secure a switch GameCube controller adapter today. Just randomly popped up in stock at a nearby store. All the guys in the shop were confused as to why they only received one. I’ll take it. And I can now cancel my endless BB order that hasn’t moved in weeks.
Oh wow. Didn't realize these were hard to find now. I haven't even opened mine yet, though I did open the Smash edition GameCube controller to play Super Mario Sunshine on my Wii.

Bruh I don’t know if GameStop changed this or not but I thought you don’t get charged tax if u pay with gs trade credit. Bought a game online total of $53 including tax. Used $48 worth of trade credit so trade credit didn’t cover it all n had to pay the rest with debit.

Oh wow. Didn't realize these were hard to find now. I haven't even opened mine yet, though I did open the Smash edition GameCube controller to play Super Mario Sunshine on my Wii.
Unrelated to availability, but I saw some talk that the GC adapters might actually be bad for competitive smash because the system isn't polling the USB bus fast enough compared to the wireless pads fwiw

Bruh I don’t know if GameStop changed this or not but I thought you don’t get charged tax if u pay with gs trade credit. Bought a game online total of $53 including tax. Used $48 worth of trade credit so trade credit didn’t cover it all n had to pay the rest with debit.
everything gets taxed online

New weekly ad says 2 for $20 all pre-owned games $14.99 and under.

Edit: This is only useful while the b2g1 is ongoing if you have 2 $14.99 games you want and not 3, otherwise it's the same.

New weekly ad says 2 for $20 all pre-owned games $14.99 and under.

Edit: This is only useful while the b2g1 is ongoing if you have 2 $14.99 games you want and not 3, otherwise it's the same.
Might make it easier to use pre-owned certs with a 2/20 deal. Idk maybe.

Which store and location was this? Hoping the one I put on hold for tomorrow is real but if not I'll just hope the same thing happens.

Why is SC V, easily the worst of the series, selling for $15 at GS? It's not BC; is it just the "well this is the previous one in the series" GS tax? Unless you catch them slipping as the poster did, why bother buying at that price, unless you're going for a complete, physical X360 collection?

Not much for B2G1 but

PS4
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
Valkyrie Revolution
Omega Quintet

X360 (All 3 had $4.99 price tag! They had to honor it!)
FF XIII (Rang up $9.99)
FF XIII-2 (Rang up $14.99)
Soul Calibur V (Rang up $14.99)

With the TIV bumps on top tier NSW, mixed with the B2G1, the cost of the free one would still be $16-22 (depending on if there’s tax) if the other two games were traded back in. Not horrible, but still not what it used to be. ~$20 in the green for a full flip if there’s no tax.

With the TIV bumps on top tier NSW, mixed with the B2G1, the cost of the free one would still be $16-22 (depending on if there’s tax) if the other two games were traded back in. Not horrible, but still not what it used to be. ~$20 in the green for a full flip if there’s no tax.
Pretty happy about this considering all of the great games around me would mysteriously go on hold or disappear while people go from store to store to store trading in on the same day. I'd like... you know - to actually buy some games and play them when there are promotions like B2G1.

Pretty happy about this considering all of the great games around me would mysteriously go on hold or disappear while people go from store to store to store trading in on the same day. I'd like... you know - to actually buy some games and play them when there are promotions like B2G1.
This also encourages people to buy and/or continue to hold onto great games with the hope for better TIVs/promos. The way things currently are keeps things pretty stale in my opinion.

So has anyone gone to a store today to see if Cash Same was still active?
I live in Montana and no sales tax here either. I also get it waived whenever I go to Washington State.
I don’t buy stuff like iMacs or OLEDs or fridges often enough to bother, but I’m curious if when shopping online tax is calculated based on the shipped address or billing. Otherwise it’d sometimes be advantageous to have a cousin in Delaware pay for it and wire them the money to save a few hundred bucks.

I don’t usually mind paying tax except when it screws with like E Shop credit, having to buy the next tier higher gift card to account for tax and having $14 or $19 remaining balance... or paying $20 with the gift card and then having to reenter your damn CC/PP info for the extra $1.65. So I was relieved to find out the Switch E Shop let’s you change your address to whatever regardless of your credit cards billing address and avoid tax.

did the 25th Ward: The Silver Case - PlayStation 4 Limited Editions get converted to used? I’m contemplating getting both this and the silver case as a part of the 2 for 20 sale and I can’t find the limited edition within 250 miles of me or online.

Cash same as credit is definitely dead. I went to trade in some Switch games today (wanted trade credit anyway) and I asked if CSAC was still going on. The cashier was surprised that ARMS had such a high TIV.

So no more 70% TIV in Cali? I was planning to trade some more games today.

So I guess the stealth bump went into effect overnight cause I didn't notice any $30 base Switch values yesterday afternoon.

Good afternoon I don't know if this question has been asked here yet, but here goes my question is the following ... Can I combine the offers of the buy two get one free deal and the two for $20 and could it be possible on top of those two deals if they can be merged with $10 reward certificate and a $5 pre-owned certificate? Thank you for your help

I’m glad I didn’t wait and got my trades in yesterday. My local store had the MS gift card packs with the $5 bonus. I was able to go digital with a couple of games and still came out ahead with some extra credit.

I'm glad I spent an hour or so trading/flipping on NYE. Definitely did not expect this to end so soon.
21*1.7 is still 30 cents less than 30*1.2

But yeah if you were heavily invested in Madden or NBA or Creed Odyssey, right on.

I’ll have to get a refund on some Xbox versions of cheap games I was hoping to replace PS4 versions of like Batman and MGSV now that they’re truly worthless rather than inches above the bar of worthless.

I had 2 of my switch games from the b2g1 scheduled to arrive today via ups 2nd day air. Just got a email from my choice that says "your package cannot be delivered as scheduled". When I check the tracking number in the email it says "shipment ready for UPS". My gamestop  email's tracking link says "Just shipped". The order was shipped on the 28th and tracking said delivery 1/2/19. Does this mean my package is lost?

I had 2 of my switch games from the b2g1 scheduled to arrive today via ups 2nd day air. Just got a email from my choice that says "your package cannot be delivered as scheduled". When I check the tracking number in the email it says "shipment ready for UPS". My gamestop email's tracking link says "Just shipped". The order was shipped on the 28th and tracking said delivery 1/2/19. Does this mean my package is lost?
It just hasn't been picked up yet by UPS. I imagine the tracking will update tonight and you'll get it Friday. I have some packages in the same boat.

Email I received last week indicated the TIV bonus ended on 1/1 so I got all of my last trades in yesterday. Same email indicated B2G1 lasts through 1/6 Sunday. I'm in CA if that matters.

I had 2 of my switch games from the b2g1 scheduled to arrive today via ups 2nd day air. Just got a email from my choice that says "your package cannot be delivered as scheduled". When I check the tracking number in the email it says "shipment ready for UPS". My gamestop email's tracking link says "Just shipped". The order was shipped on the 28th and tracking said delivery 1/2/19. Does this mean my package is lost?
I've had that happen before. I'd wait till tomorrow but if it still isn't updated I'm afraid you'll have to call customer service. In my case the item was lost somewhere in the warehouse so it was never picked up and they had to send a replacement.

Email I received last week indicated the TIV bonus ended on 1/1 so I got all of my last trades in yesterday. Same email indicated B2G1 lasts through 1/6 Sunday. I'm in CA if that matters.
Thanks that helps...I misread something and thought it said TIV bonus was through 1/11. I read too quickly.

They have copies available of preowned Super Smash Bros Ultimate online.

I guess this game is excluded from the B2G1 free?

No matter what I do, I can't get it to kick in the B2G1 free with Smash Bros.

Following up my previous message above. It seems as though the game is not actually in stock. I tried to buy alone. I can put it in the cart, but when I check out, it says it is out of stock.

I ordered 6 used switch games when the sale went live. They finally arrived today.
4 were complete
1 was in a generic case
1 was new (!)
Let’a Go Evee has a pre owned sticker stuck to the back, but it is factory sealed. I’ll take it!

Keep checking stock of Switch games at your stores.

Today I was able to get Smash Bros., Mario Party, Mario Kart and other Switch games with the B2G1 pre-owned, at one store. Good luck.

App shows it ends on 01/11 thought, which is wierd.....
I could've sworn it said "Cash for Credit until 01/11".. either we both entered a parallel universe for the Mandela effect or they actually ended it much earlier than we thought... Goddamn it due to my work schedule, I finally have off tomorrow to trade too...

What I meant also to imply is that just because the TIV bump ended, doesn't mean that the CSAC is over. I can't vouch for that and as I recall the last time this occurred, I think CSAC went on longer than the TIV bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back