2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
About a week ago. The guy doing it was a manager at my usual store who tries to maximize my TiVs too. He tried it a few different ways and got an error message
A buddy of mine used it yesterday and it worked for him. I'd do it but I don't have anything to trade in atm...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Damn yall still trade into GS? There are plenty of other options. Watching this clip the other day reminded me how bad GS was in first place...

https://youtu.be/dfFiczr7uqg
this is awesome; i love this guy wont take responsibility for his actions. Why buy the used ps4 if he didnt want one? Granted, they shouldnt have lied, but still. Not checking your receipt--rookie mistake. If his buddy runs a GS, right down the street, why not go there in the first place?

A buddy of mine used it yesterday and it worked for him. I'd do it but I don't have anything to trade in atm...

Did they have to manually add the 20%? I'll be pissed if the code is suddenly working now. I waited a few days after getting it too. It would be just like GS to send out a coupon without any dates on it and not have it work yet

Did they have to manually add the 20%? I'll be pissed if the code is suddenly working now. I waited a few days after getting it too. It would be just like GS to send out a coupon without any dates on it and not have it work yet
Yup the scan didn't work so they manually typed it in. Maybe it started yesterday?

Yup the scan didn't work so they manually typed it in. Maybe it started yesterday?

Well the scan didnt work for me either so he manually typed the codes. It still didn't work. I was asking if they had to manually add the dollar amounts, but you answered that.

Typical newbie! I don't blame GS screwing because he is an idiot. He obviously doesn't jack even though he worked in GS. Big mistake to trade an used PS3 system and games when there are no trade bonuses. And he bought an used PS4, only a dumbass will buy a system used.

this is awesome; i love this guy wont take responsibility for his actions. Why buy the used ps4 if he didnt want one? Granted, they shouldnt have lied, but still. Not checking your receipt--rookie mistake. If his buddy runs a GS, right down the street, why not go there in the first place?

Gamestop sent a survey asking about changing the Pro membership to remove the 10% preowned discount for 30 points per dollar spent. 

Here is the email I removed my details.
"Tell us what you think" is the subject.

Gamestop sent a survey asking about changing the Pro membership to remove the 10% preowned discount for 30 points per dollar spent.

Who the hell would ever spend $15 for that? I can't believe they actually paid a survey company to put that together.

This was my survey. I think it would be worth it if the points stacked up and didnt eexpire
Points don't really expire as you only have to do one purchase/trade within a 12 month period to avoid points being removed.

Given points aren't really worth much anymore (minimal physical stuff), I would balk at moving the 10% discount to additional points.

Since they raised games to $57 when Elite was advertised, maybe they’re hoping to get rid of the 10% promise in order to have a more ideal $49.99 base pre owned price that’d attract more of the ignorant, non-member soccer mom types into buying used instead of new.

I didn't and won't click the video. 

But the reason that he did all this stuff that seems really dumb to do, was so that he could make a video about it and get views. 

There's been a rash of youtubes picking on Gamestop lately because it's an easy target to bitch about and people will click and watch the videos.

Low hanging fruit, if you will. 

Gamestop is like that weird friend you've got.  Maybe most people don't like him/her.  But you see something inside that makes it all worth it.  Like any store, if you handle the relationship well and bide your time, you can get some great deals there.  

But also - trades are mostly RIP now and my Elite expires in a couple of months, so maybe this friendship is on the rocks.  :(

If they do away with the pro discount I truly wish the associates luck trying to sell it to people. Sky high preowned prices, trash tier trade values and a single $5 off cert a month sounds like a bad deal to me.

Remember, there are two seperate companies looking to buy them out next month. If it does happen, anything could change in the future. I look forward to all the GS bullshit to end if the new owner does things right. Of course, nothing could change for awhile even if they are bought out.

My brother just got a Wii to play with his daughters. I have never owned a Wii so I have never looked for their controllers before. With as old as they are thirty dollars seems pretty high. Do they ever go on sale? How are the off brand controllers? Is there anywhere else to look besides local sellers because I haven’t been able to find any that way. Thanks

My brother just got a Wii to play with his daughters. I have never owned a Wii so I have never looked for their controllers before. With as old as they are thirty dollars seems pretty high. Do they ever go on sale? How are the off brand controllers? Is there anywhere else to look besides local sellers because I haven’t been able to find any that way. Thanks
They are relatively common at thrift stores, in the range of 2-5 dollars each.

You can also buy them on ebay for much cheaper than gamestop, however you have to navigate through the sea of fake controllers which can be a bit annoying.

But the reason that he did all this stuff that seems really dumb to do, was so that he could make a video about it and get views.
There's been a rash of youtubes picking on Gamestop lately because it's an easy target to bitch about and people will click and watch the videos.
Yeah never really understood all the hate GS gets. I mean it’s not perfect but there are deals to be had. Hell I just used my birthday coupon and picked up Amazing Spider-Man CIB for Vita for around $17. Sure it’s a company that’s has its ups and down but I don’t think it’s as bad as everyone portrays it.

Best/easiest course of action for receiving a GS online order missing a game? I know their phone cs is horrendous, would a local store even honor/believe me? Just dispute with my Cc?

People make videos, videos that you claim to not even watch but still speak on it's content, because they geniuely have problems with Gamestop.

Best/easiest course of action for receiving a GS online order missing a game? I know their phone cs is horrendous, would a local store even honor/believe me? Just dispute with my Cc?
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Received all the packages for my order and a game was missing that was reported as shipped with another I did receive.

I called customer support, automated reply said there was a 1 hour wait and would I like to leave a phone number for them to call me back when they were available.

I thought, sure, what the heck, I'm game. Was shocked when roughly 1 hour later my phone rang and it was a customer service rep. I reported the missing game, was asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I opted for the replacement (it was part of a B2G1) and received it in about a week.

Overall positive experience for me and I kinda dig the callback option.

YMMV,

Nels

I did the survey after reading your post. My survey traded 10% off preowned for $10 to spend on preowned every month. I remember this was the big selling point when they tested out Elite in selective regions. $15 for a B2G1 coupon and $120/year to spend is pretty good, though I still prefer 10% off.

[attachment=31626:1.PNG]

Just a heads up everyone, I used the bag code last night and it gave me an extra 1 penny per game traded in. My guess is that the extra 20% its supposed to give you doesn't stack with elite pros 20%, so if you have elite it doesn't do anything and if you have pro you'll get 20% instead of 10%.

Just a heads up everyone, I used the bag code last night and it gave me an extra 1 penny per game traded in. My guess is that the extra 20% its supposed to give you doesn't stack with elite pros 20%, so if you have elite it doesn't do anything and if you have pro you'll get 20% instead of 10%.
bummer, thanks for the heads up

I did the survey after reading your post. My survey traded 10% off preowned for $10 to spend on preowned every month. I remember this was the big selling point when they tested out Elite in selective regions. $15 for a B2G1 coupon and $120/year to spend is pretty good, though I still prefer 10% off.

1.PNG
rewards cash with a monthly expiration and requirement to be spent on preowned doesn’t sound like a great substitute for 10% off all preowned purchases.

i hope my elite membership (2025) remains unchanged and in the pos if they try to pull shenanigans with pro membership rewards.

also hope they bring back stacking sets to b2g1 coupon...

It does stack, I used it the other day for Spider-man. Got $30 after Elite and 20% from bag. They are supposed to scan both barcodes on the bag. One adds the 1 cent and the other adds the 20%. So they definitely screwed up.

People make videos, videos that you claim to not even watch but still speak on it's content, because they geniuely have problems with Gamestop.
Dude, Youtube recommends these dumb videos to me all the time lately. I watched one guy make a video about how shitty a Premium Refurbished system he bought was, then a week later a bunch of other Youtubers did the same shaqing thing.

I claimed to not watch THIS video. I had no reason to. Half a dozen other people in half a dozen posts above mine stated what the video's content was. I didn't have to play Final Fantasy VII to know Aeris dies once someone told me that she does.

Dude, Youtube recommends these dumb videos to me all the time lately. I watched one guy make a video about how shitty a Premium Refurbished system he bought was, then a week later a bunch of other Youtubers did the same shaqing thing.

I claimed to not watch THIS video. I had no reason to. Half a dozen other people in half a dozen posts above mine stated what the video's content was. I didn't have to play Final Fantasy VII to know Aeris dies once someone told me that she does.
Spoiler tag!!!

rewards cash with a monthly expiration and requirement to be spent on preowned doesn’t sound like a great substitute for 10% off all preowned purchases.
i hope my elite membership (2025) remains unchanged and in the pos if they try to pull shenanigans with pro membership rewards.
also hope they bring back stacking sets to b2g1 coupon...
Gamestop is gonna be history by then.

Again, you didn't watch the video but you can speak on the content because of second hand accounts.

Are you this easily swayed?

Don't answer that.

Of course you are.

Confirming that reward certs and gift cards work on PSN cards in-store. Picked up 2x $10 PSN cards using a $5 reward cert, 2x $5 gc from Bitmo, and $5 out of pocket.

It does stack, I used it the other day for Spider-man. Got $30 after Elite and 20% from bag. They are supposed to scan both barcodes on the bag. One adds the 1 cent and the other adds the 20%. So they definitely screwed up.
can't tell if troll or not... Either way, this is incorrect. The codes on either side of the bag are identical and no combination of scanning or typing the code in gives anything other then 1 cent per item traded. Tested. Confirmed. Case closed for anyone else wondering.

No it worked for me during the post-Holiday sale when I traded AC Odyssey (Deluxe copy I ordered off Ubisoft on sale just for the code) & Hitman 2 (rebought digitally.) Got $28 for each ($20 base plus 40% extra.)

My guess is either the promo expired, or the system tracks if you used it before.

So, I need to trade evolve a lot of my pokemon. Problem is I don't have another 3ds/2ds. I can buy a pre-owned one and return it within 30 days correct?

Gamestop employee first tried to fool me into not being able to trade in my games due to the 7 day return policy (All returns are valid until January 15th), then proceeded to wait until after he took 10 minutes to process my 3 games I needed to return to tell me I needed the method of payment because apparently its not in the system. I dont take my credit card everywhere. Now they're closed.

Once I return tomorrow this will be my last experience with gamestop.

Anyone having issues with online certs not applying?

I've got two certs in my digital locker: a "$15 GameStop Online Cert (APR)" purchased last month, and a "$25 GameStop Online Cert (SEPT)" purchased in October. Expiration dates are well into 2019, but I can't seem to get either of them to apply to any type of in-stock item I put in my online cart right now. New items, pre-owned, current gen, last gen, retro.

I'm not combining it with any other other codes or promos other than my Elite membership. I'm aware that it's online only, and that it doesn't apply to digital content, preorders, gift cards, or bundles. I've tried multiple items, items below and above the value of both certs, and nothing seems to take. I even took a purchase all the way to the checkout screen to see if it would apply later, but I get this message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description : Coupon : PUR Member $15 Off In-Stock Item - PowerUp Rewards Members Save $15 Off One Single In-Stock Item! Discount awarded on least expensive item. Online Only. Expires 7/31/2019

Thanks for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back