2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cod WW2 Xbone dropped to 12.99 so i was gonna pair it with Blops 3, but Blops 3 dropped to 10.99 so now it doesn't feel like much of a deal.  Guess it will when they go back up though.

Well $8 each is the best price on X/Y and Sun/Moon I’ve recalled seeing but saw their TIV is basically worthless now.

Yeah I have a Wii u already, just wanted the Zelda design. I don't have the time to change the digitizer, I wasted my time driving to two GameStop, haha.
Would also like to mention that a Zelda Shell is like 30 USD if you really do want it. Repair/Replacement is not that bad actually.

Went today to dump old WWE games and do the 2 for $20. Got a steelbook edition of CoD: WW2 and Dead Rising 4 for $20. Not sure why WWE 2K18 is getting $11 when they're selling it for $13.99 right now.

Mine was also out of Wii U consoles and they only had some $4.99 Wii U games(they were out of everything else).

I believe it's part of the pre-owned sale, so through tomorrow, January 20.
Yeah, it's part of the sale along with the $30 original 360s and $80 slim PS3s that ends tomorrow.

All the Nintendo Selects that were $5 from that recent Target sale are getting $12 after Elite. That's really tempting
Thanks for the tip. I traded in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon this morning for $11 with Pro toward a PSN card. There were a few games that I wanted on the current PSN flash sale (and I'm still broke as hell after the holidays), so that worked out perfectly! :p

Went today to dump old WWE games and do the 2 for $20. Got a steelbook edition of CoD: WW2 and Dead Rising 4 for $20. Not sure why WWE 2K18 is getting $11 when they're selling it for $13.99 right now.

Mine was also out of Wii U consoles and they only had some $4.99 Wii U games(they were out of everything else).

Yeah, it's part of the sale along with the $30 original 360s and $80 slim PS3s that ends tomorrow.
Is an OG 360 really worth it? I'm on the fence because although that's really cheap, I feel like I'm just asking for a unit with RROD. How hackable are OG X360s? I'd like to be able to play Japanese SHMUPs on it if that's doable.

it's days like today where a Gamestop Flip Sheet would be really, really helpful.    I'm kinda surprised nobody else has made one since - well,  then again I guess that's just asking for trouble so if it has been done they probably wouldn't publicly post about it.  

LESS MATH, MORE BOOMERANGS!   

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Wwe 2k18 XBO and PS4 flip for $3.25 profit after tax for me with elite when using 2 for $20. last of us remastered same. Not going to bother for that little amount.

Is an OG 360 really worth it? I'm on the fence because although that's really cheap, I feel like I'm just asking for a unit with RROD. How hackable are OG X360s? I'd like to be able to play Japanese SHMUPs on it if that's doable.
Yes they are. If you have trouble with a RROD, just exchange for another one like I did.

However, if you already have a PS3 and an xbox one, then no it isnt.

My question : Is a Wii U worth it for someone with no handheld systems? Or is waiting out for a switch a better deal?

Lol, shows how much I know about it. So do you like play it on the TV like a console? Regardless, is it still worth a pickup?
The console itself is separate from the handheld gamepad. You have to be near the console, and it may require the TV. It's worth $100 definitely because of the catalog of Wii and Wii U games, though you'll need Wii motion controllers to play Wii games. It also has a good homebrew scene, but doing that is up to personal preference.

Bought a bendy for Xbox One today, the store had 3 but they didn’t show as in stock on the app. Might want to check if anyone is still looking for one.

The console itself is separate from the handheld gamepad. You have to be near the console, and it may require the TV. It's worth $100 definitely because of the catalog of Wii and Wii U games, though you'll need Wii motion controllers to play Wii games. It also has a good homebrew scene, but doing that is up to personal preference.
Interesting, I'll definitely take a look. Already own two Wii's so that seems like a good start. Thank you!

Wow, talk about the Gamestop defense force being out in full. Usually even on their own reddit I don't see employees defending the whole opened vs new en mass like that. Gotta love the one guy who goes to the "used vs pre-owned" card. "You see, if WE open it, it's still new. But if YOU open it, even if you never play it, it's now pre-owned. Because magic happens." Still brings me back to the story I told before about the new, unwrapped opened game that I couldn't check for scratches literally right there at the counter because if I broke that tiny tape seal it magically became pre-owned.
It's a matter of flipping the conversation on them, and asking "Would you want to buy something marked as "new", but in reality it's been opened, played, and you're not sure if the DLC has already been redeemed? Huh? HUH?!?!". Those fuckers aren't empathetic, so you have to turn it on their head so they understand that their stupid logic is flawed (then again they would probably say "oh that wouldn't bother me at all"... you know, because they are so far in denial and think they're right even though it is so fundamentally flawed it's ridiculous).

It's something that I just keep hoping and praying they file a class action lawsuit over. It's a ridiculous practice, which quite frankly I'm surprised they've been able to get away with for so long.

it's days like today where a Gamestop Flip Sheet would be really, really helpful. I'm kinda surprised nobody else has made one since - well, then again I guess that's just asking for trouble so if it has been done they probably wouldn't publicly post about it.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!
Probably a matter of not knowing how.

Are there any Xbox 360 exclusives that can't be played on PC or Xbox One? I had planned on buying one to play Tales of Vesperia, but now that that has been remastered, I can't think of any other games that can't otherwise be played on PC or Xbox One.

Are there any Xbox 360 exclusives that can't be played on PC or Xbox One? I had planned on buying one to play Tales of Vesperia, but now that that has been remastered, I can't think of any other games that can't otherwise be played on PC or Xbox One.
There's not many left. Can think of Infinite Undiscovery, Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4. Not much else that I can remember that was exclusive to the 360.

TOO

HUMAN

*blatttt blatttt*

Bought a bendy for Xbox One today, the store had 3 but they didn’t show as in stock on the app. Might want to check if anyone is still looking for one.
Also look on their website.

I don't want it, but for anyone who does and doesn't have it near them, in stock on Xbox and PS4. No Switch copies though.

I’m trying to order a Wii U but it’s charging me $9 for shipping, even though it says free shipping on the product page. Anyone else have this problem? I wonder if I buy it and contact support if they would fix the shipping charge for me...

It's a matter of flipping the conversation on them, and asking "Would you want to buy something marked as "new", but in reality it's been opened, played, and you're not sure if the DLC has already been redeemed? Huh? HUH?!?!". Those fuckers aren't empathetic, so you have to turn it on their head so they understand that their stupid logic is flawed (then again they would probably say "oh that wouldn't bother me at all"... you know, because they are so far in denial and think they're right even though it is so fundamentally flawed it's ridiculous).

It's something that I just keep hoping and praying they file a class action lawsuit over. It's a ridiculous practice, which quite frankly I'm surprised they've been able to get away with for so long.

Probably a matter of not knowing how.
It's amazing it's lasted so long that the knowledge and hate for the practice of selling opened new games is so widespread. I'm still floored by the time a game I preordered and picked up day one had been opened "so they could have a shelf copy"

It's thirty bucks. I would think it is. I think I'll get one since both of my 360s have gotten really slow. I'm really leery of buying a used console, but I'll just play the crap out of it during its guarantee period to test it out. I think I'll get the newer model just since it will be newer and more likely last longer/have less wear on the tires. The guy at GS recommended against that model since its ten bucks more and the cables are hard to replace if lost or damaged.

Depends on if you already own a PS3/Xbone/PC and have played a lot of games from that era or if you would just want the exclusives. Don't know how hackable they are, but you will need a workaround to play japanese games as almost all games on the 360 are region locked.

Xbox 360 for me is worth it just to be able to use discounted Xbox currency on backwards compatible games. You can only use currency if you buy via Xbox 360...

Didn't see it in the ad, but there are good deals on puzzles, most are about 40% off.

Great to see Bendy is finally in stock, already got notice it shipped. I originally ordered it a week before it was released, went about a month without any update, only got a generic response about an influx of orders. I contacted them then eventually cancelled the order. Even if it was around Black Friday it was ridiculous to wait that long without a response. Had Red Faction in the same order and it didn't even ship.

Ordered South Park Fractured But Whole steelbook when it was $19.99 last week and ended up with a gutted copy. Was able to refund it and got a price match at Best Buy. Glad I'm almost out of gift cards, GameStop has been too much of a hassle. They really need to buy display only cases instead of gutting games. Toys R Us used to do that years ago and it worked out well.

That $30 360 looks great too, if only to be able to buy 360 games with XBOX gift cards.

Didn't see it in the ad, but there are good deals on puzzles, most are about 40% off.

Great to see Bendy is finally in stock, already got notice it shipped. I originally ordered it a week before it was released, went about a month without any update, only got a generic response about an influx of orders. I contacted them then eventually cancelled the order. Even if it was around Black Friday it was ridiculous to wait that long without a response. Had Red Faction in the same order and it didn't even ship.

Ordered South Park Fractured But Whole steelbook when it was $19.99 last week and ended up with a gutted copy. Was able to refund it and got a price match at Best Buy. Glad I'm almost out of gift cards, GameStop has been too much of a hassle. They really need to buy display only cases instead of gutting games. Toys R Us used to do that years ago and it worked out well.

That $30 360 looks great too, if only to be able to buy 360 games with XBOX gift cards.
They don't even need new display cases every time, just replacement artwork they can slide in when new games become available and old games move out. But whatever, they aren't going to change their stance on this no matter what, even when it loses them business.

Target has a B1G1 free deal going right now with breakeven of better movers from Target to Gamestop.

:pS4: :xb1: Doom: Pay $20+tax for two, get $24
:Switch: Just Dance 19: $32+tax for two, get $36
:Switch: Hasbro game night: pay $33+tax for two, get $36

it's days like today where a Gamestop Flip Sheet would be really, really helpful. I'm kinda surprised nobody else has made one since - well, then again I guess that's just asking for trouble so if it has been done they probably wouldn't publicly post about it.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!
Yeah the flip sheet went poof while I was away from cag so it was disappointing to see it went missing. Something incredibly stupid must have happened here while I was away.

Yeah the flip sheet went poof while I was away from cag so it was disappointing to see it went missing. Something incredibly stupid must have happened here while I was away.
There were 2 new spreadsheets around the same time in July, but they never got updated. I think I read that GameStop made it harder to crawl their site without getting your IP blocked.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!
The GS app on android has the trade in values for pro/NP games, consoles, etc. Helpful because it's UTD in real time and you can guarantee your TIV for up to 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back