2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop is apparently cancelling Kingdom Hearts PS4 console orders and sending $25 coupon's as recompense, heads up

from SD:

Due to an unforeseen issue, we will be unable to fulfill your order #XXXXXXXXXXXX. We will be canceling your order and you will not be charged. For this inconvenience, we will be sending you a $25 Coupon Code for your next GameStop.com order:

<Coupon Code>

Simply enter this coupon in the "Promotional Code" field in your cart next time you check out. Offer is Online only.

We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause you. If you have any further questions, please let don't hesitate to let us know. You can reply to this email or call us at 1-800-883-8895.

Have a great day,
Your friends at GameStop.com

Yup, my console was just canceled. I got in an order the second it came online so there's really no excuse. Consider yourself lucky if yours actually arrives. Will be having words with customer service, not that it'll do anything.

Yup, my console was just canceled. I got in an order the second it came online so there's really no excuse. Consider yourself lucky if yours actually arrives. Will be having words with customer service, not that it'll do anything.
Don't worry, I guarantee they will re-list the system as In Stock after they cancel everyone's orders and you'll miss the window where it's online just do they can double screw everyone

Don't worry, I guarantee they will re-list the system as In Stock after they cancel everyone's orders and you'll miss the window where it's online just do they can double screw everyone
You forgot to mention it'll only be in a $900 bundle as well!

When did your cancellation email come? I thought so far from what I had read all cancellations went out within a 10-15 minute window, I'm worried now it means there's a round 2 (and maybe more to come)

Just want to thrown in here that somebody on Reddit with a canceled order said they called and was told their order is still shipping Monday.

The only thing I can say to support this claim is that I ordered 2 items last week, both got authorization charge. Then one shipped, got an email saying the other item is cancelled due to stock. A day later the other item shipped.

Just want to thrown in here that somebody on Reddit with a canceled order said they called and was told their order is still shipping Monday.

The only thing I can say to support this claim is that I ordered 2 items last week, both got authorization charge. Then one shipped, got an email saying the other item is cancelled due to stock. A day later the other item shipped.
GS CS though....

Plus you actually received an authorzation charge. Cancelled orders never got pre-charged earlier this week on Tuesday so GameStop gonna GameStop ::shrug::

Just picked up my RE2 Collector's edition, associate mentioned receiving a bunch of calls asking about it today since it shows up in their inventory even though it is pre-ordered. I'm glad that they didn't try to sell it to someone else. Plus will be getting 12,000 points. Elite Pro expires in a couple days, not sure if I should renew Pro or just redeem for certs or gift cards.

Wanted to report that I picked up a used 8gb WiiU. Pre-owned, not refurbished. It was packaged quite well, condition was a 9/10, min scratches both gamepad and console were mildly dirty. Was pleasantly surprised. Played captain toad for about 30 mins and it played fine. Came with 30 day warranty.

Hope this helps anyone one the fence. They did let me inspect it before leaving the store as well.

Wanted to report that I picked up a used 8gb WiiU. Pre-owned, not refurbished. It was packaged quite well, condition was a 9/10, min scratches both gamepad and console were mildly dirty. Was pleasantly surprised. Played captain toad for about 30 mins and it played fine. Came with 30 day warranty.

Hope this helps anyone one the fence. They did let me inspect it before leaving the store as well.
I would definitely inspect the goods first if possible. Sadly, stock for the "New" 3ds non-XL edition is so extremely rare in the US, no gamestop for hundreds of miles carries a single one in store. Ordering online was the only option. I did so on account of the 7 day no questions asked money back guarantee, though it is playing the lottery to be sure. I sorely wish Nintendo brought these models back for Black Friday, instead of dumping awful "old" 2ds tablet bundles in this day and age that nobody wants.

I gotta say I'm really surprised how detailed and nice this RE2 statue is. Got a few people asking if we received an extra Collectors Edition so maybe it will retain its value (hopefully) enjoy the hell out of the game too! Pic unrelated but hey its hype right??

Heads up, if you did the $70 mail-in rebate for the slim 360 back in November, they are sending the pre-paid cards right now. Just checked and mine was shipped out yesterday, even though I didn't get an email about it.

Got a red banner warning that my Elite expires in ~30 days.  Clicked on "renew now" and got the page in the image below.  That can't be right...right?

kluLASc.png

EDIT: Sorry this is so big :\

Got a red banner warning that my Elite expires in ~30 days. Clicked on "renew now" and got the page in the image below. That can't be right...right?

kluLASc.png

EDIT: Sorry this is so big :\
It's certainly not supposed to but uh if it let's you actually complete it I absolutely would haha

It's certainly not supposed to but uh if it let's you actually complete it I absolutely would haha
huh. Alright I'll give it a shot and report back.

EDIT: "We're sorry but we could not find the product you are looking for."

Bummer. Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up. Guess I need to decide if regular Pro is worth it.

EDIT 2: wait, this is the only renewal screen I see. how would I even renew for regular Pro membership if I wanted to? So weird.

Bummer. Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up. Guess I need to decide if regular Pro is worth it.

EDIT 2: wait, this is the only renewal screen I see. how would I even renew for regular Pro membership if I wanted to? So weird.
I thought you had to renew from an actual GS store to be honest

When I tried to renew Pro because my Elite Pro was expiring last month, I was told that I could not do it until the Elite Pro actually expired. In fact, they gave me a date that was two days AFTER my Elite expired, and told me they couldn't renew it in store until then. Don't know why that would be, but that's what they said.

EDIT: Guess I should've refreshed the page before I replied. Carry on!

wish we had gotten more heads up on GCU going away, mine expires end of april
Yeah and my dumbass didn’t even have a sense of urgency at the time. Someone on here said oh best buys planning on ending gcu renewal. And guess what, I decided to wait n see if the rumor was true, and a couple days later..bam! No more gcu renewals. Fml

Has GS ever been known/rumored to destroy copies of a game to increase its rarity and value? Call of Duty ghosts for example had a trade value of like 25 cents for years and now is sold and often trades for around $15.00. Could they have received a million or two trades at under a dollar and just made me disappear to make a larger profit on the remaining?

Has GS ever been known/rumored to destroy copies of a game to increase its rarity and value? Call of Duty ghosts for example had a trade value of like 25 cents for years and now is sold and often trades for around $15.00. Could they have received a million or two trades at under a dollar and just made me disappear to make a larger profit on the remaining?
No

Yeah and my dumbass didn’t even have a sense of urgency at the time. Someone on here said oh best buys planning on ending gcu renewal. And guess what, I decided to wait n see if the rumor was true, and a couple days later..bam! No more gcu renewals. Fml
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t GCU just up and end. I think Elite was rumored to be ending that’s when everyone renewed but GCU there was no warning just for this reason.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t GCU just up and end. I think Elite was rumored to be ending that’s when everyone renewed but GCU there was no warning just for this reason.
Yeah I think there wasn’t any warning. Someone on here just found out that there’s rumors of bestbuy not allowing gcu renewals anymore. Waited for confirmation cuz wanted to make sure it was true first before actually going in store to renew it. Really mad at myself

imo yes, sort of, although it may have been out of ignorance, rather than some evil plan, as an example, some time ago they trashed large amounts of wii sports, some were "field destroyed" while others were just thrown out and reentered the market thanks to tenacious dumpster divers

The Wii U version has a $5 base and is the highest TIV. PS4 is next at $4. How are you getting $15?

I remember a year ago I got something in the teens for my PS4 copy but that was a bump + 50% bonus. I haven't seen it come close to that before or after.

I wouldn't feel too bad. There is no way Best Buy will allow people who renewed past a certain date to continue using the discount. There are people that have GCU well past 2020. I wish I would have added another year at least myself, but life after GCU isn't so bad, you can actually play the games you've been stacking up for years now!

Can't wait for Gamestop to flood the market with Katamaris! Hopefully they waited until after the return window for the restock.
Luckily I sold all my 15 copies for $60 each within days of buying them. Guess no one knew you the game was downloadable.

I wouldn't feel too bad. There is no way Best Buy will allow people who renewed past a certain date to continue using the discount. There are people that have GCU well past 2020. I wish I would have added another year at least myself, but life after GCU isn't so bad, you can actually play the games you've been stacking up for years now!
That’s true but I don’t really have much time to play either so my backlog will just keep getting bigger n bigger. I feel like I’d pre order less but I’ll still pre order a lot of games cuz of limited collectors editions, $10 rewards certs, limited deluxe editions, steelbooks, etc. I’m such a collector and it’s not good. What are the chances of days gone CE price drop before it’s gone everywhere? Very slim I’m pretty sure 🥺

That’s true but I don’t really have much time to play either so my backlog will just keep getting bigger n bigger. I feel like I’d pre order less but I’ll still pre order a lot of games cuz of limited collectors editions, $10 rewards certs, limited deluxe editions, steelbooks, etc. I’m such a collector and it’s not good. What are the chances of days gone CE price drop before it’s gone everywhere? Very slim I’m pretty sure
I feel ya. Being honest I still don't have time to play the games in my backlog and I still buy new games frequently, it just costs me more money now! I am not a big CE guy though due to how much space they take up with stuff I don't really need.

Also I keep forgetting about Days Gone, I feel like that game is going to be surprisingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back