2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked up some unboxings online and not one of them shows that it comes with a gold edition copy of the game. Just a steelbook with nothing in it
Edit: just saw a video titled GameStop exclusive and it had the gold edition game. I guess only if you buy it at GameStop it includes the game?
I guess that’s why it says “only at GameStop” on the product page. I didn’t watch any unboxing videos. I went to GameStop.com.[attachment=31756:02E42888-8B82-4972-A706-809E2F856F6A.jpeg] https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-ghost-edition-only-at-gamestop/140192

I don't have to trade in the steelbook from Hitman The first season do I? I searched the tiv and only one that comes up is "steelbook edition". Want to trade it in since its free this month now.

Looked up some unboxings online and not one of them shows that it comes with a gold edition copy of the game. Just a steelbook with nothing in it

Edit: just saw a video titled GameStop exclusive and it had the gold edition game. I guess only if you buy it at GameStop it includes the game?
You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it.

Anyone familiar with the Final Fantasy TCG? Noticed the packs were $2 at GS. Figured I would grab a few.

Well I’m sorry I didn’t know people were getting the same “Ghost edition” of the game which don’t come with the gold edition from other retailers. Other retailers have the same pic and don’t include the game. “GameStop exclusive” but using the same picture as other retailers. Smartass replies, lol seriously

Been trying to use mine all January. Nothing I want has been in stock.
Same here as far as time spent trying to use it. I'm honestly looking at PS3 and 360 games right now.

Does the 20% stack with your PUR 10%? Or is it just 20%?
It stacks with my Elite Pro discount. I'm sure the coupon applies first, so the Elite Pro discount would likely be knocked to 10% or maybe a little more.

12 inch tall Triforce statue, copy of the gold editon of the game in a normal case, a steelbook, a couple little patches and a lithograph.

Got it mainly for the statue steelbook and season pass.

Statue has some serious weight to it as well, about as heavy as the Marcus Fenix GOW 3 CE statue.
The statue is pretty impressive.

Did anyone else notice that they price hiked some of the $14.99 games? Was going grab a few more before the 2 for $20 sale ended and turns out stuff like Alien Isolation, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Lego Star Wars: TFA and Recore were raised to $17.99 used over the last few days. Now the $14.99 price range looks like slim pickings.

Same here as far as time spent trying to use it. I'm honestly looking at PS3 and 360 games right now.

It stacks with my Elite Pro discount. I'm sure the coupon applies first, so the Elite Pro discount would likely be knocked to 10% or maybe a little more.
That's what I did. Couldn't find anything current gen, so ended up using it on Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil on Wii. As I just wanted to see how playable it was using the Wii remote & nunchuk (surprising good it turns out).

I feel that way about my b2g1 free preowned coupon. I have had it a couple months and it says its good for another couple months. Don't know what to use it on.
Dang, that's rough. I couldn't even make up my mind on one game (finally settled on Blur for PS3), let alone trying to pick three games for a b2g1 coupon. I think what steered me away from using my birthday coupon on a current gen game is I've bought so many over the last few months.

Edit: I wish the birthday and b2g1 coupons applied to accessories as well. I would have had an easier time making up my mind.

Walmart has a $30 version called the triforce ghost edition with free shipping but it doesnt look like it contains the gold edition.

Edit: looks like it's a third party seller

Found out today that certs no longer work on uber cards. Still work on other cards though as far as I know.
Wait a second. Reward Certificates work on gift cards? I've been itching to use mine towards some Steam credit but I thought they weren't supposed to work on that?

God damn it, i was about to preorder dead oir alive 6 steelbook but best buy just got a better offer, $10 gift card and dlc code and i still have gcu.  To be fair gamestop steel for doa6 is not attractive at ALL.  

Good question, I'll test it out tonight and report back.

Edit: lol redeems full gold game. So you could buy this and resell or trade the disc without losing anything
Just installed the gold edition, didn't give me the full game download. Just the season pass and extras, disc is still required. Did you do anything other than enter the code to get the full game to download?

Just installed the gold edition, didn't give me the full game download. Just the season pass and extras, disc is still required. Did you do anything other than enter the code to get the full game to download?
I didn't, I'll go double check when I get home tonight and see if it loads without the disc. When I went to redeem the code it said the code was for the Gold Edition so I assumed that was the full game. Typically if I'm redeeming a season pass when you enter the code it specifically calls out you are redeeming a season pass. I've never seen one that says the full name of the game besides those that were the full game.

I didn't, I'll go double check when I get home tonight and see if it loads without the disc. When I went to redeem the code it said the code was for the Gold Edition so I assumed that was the full game. Typically if I'm redeeming a season pass when you enter the code it specifically calls out you are redeeming a season pass. I've never seen one that says the full name of the game besides those that were the full game.
I think there may be some misinformation going on here about the gold edition code for ubisoft games redeeming the full game. People said it about South Park Fractured But Whole, but when I did it I could not play the game without the disc (even though the code said I was getting the game). Would be good to clear it up once and for all.

I think there may be some misinformation going on here about the gold edition code for ubisoft games redeeming the full game. People said it about South Park Fractured But Whole, but when I did it I could not play the game without the disc (even though the code said I was getting the game). Would be good to clear it up once and for all.
It worked for me for Watch Dogs 2 Gold edition.

it's likely due to yours being from a later production run when they fixed it. i believe it's just first runs when the code redeems the full game and even then it may not have been the whole lot was made before it's fixed.

you're more likely to get a full game code when the game first comes out. more likely, not guaranteed.

less likely the longer you wait to buy the game.

games this happened on:

for honor (my only personal experience)

watch dogs 2

fractured but whole

rainbow six siege

i don't think any of the far cry or assassin's creed games have worked

Some of them yes. You can thank Fortnite apparently with kids coming in wanting to spend their certs on cards for V bucks or however it works. So it works on game cards and also happens to work on others like Starbucks, Fandango, and until now, uber.
Any idea if they work on Steam cards? If they don't then is it safe to assume they work on PSN or eShop?

I don't use steam, but I think they should. I know they do on PSN, Xbox and eShop credit last I checked.
Guess I'll give it a shot. I would think they don't work since Fortnite isn't on Steam but the other gift cards work and I'm pretty sure you can't use those for Fortnite either lol. Worst case scenario I can buy PSN or eShop instead. Just to be clear we are talking about the Rewards Certificates you get for redeeming you powerup rewards points, correct?

how often does Gamestop have trade in bonus for consoles?
Seems like they usually have some kinda one once a month. They had one at the end of Dec. to middle of Jan. that gave an extra 25%. Although the current one is misleading(up to $200) as it only qualifies for PS4 Pro, XB1X and Switch.

Seems like they usually have some kinda one once a month. They had one at the end of Dec. to middle of Jan. that gave an extra 25%. Although the current one is misleading(up to $200) as it only qualifies for PS4 Pro, XB1X and Switch.
Any idea how much do i get if i trade in an orignal xbox one toward X?

i mean with the bonus
Depends on the hard drive size, 500GB is $70, 1TB is $85. Original Xbox One and S Models really are not netting that much TIV as they don't sell as well as PS4s used(OG PS4s are still getting $150). Honestly, you're better off keeping it and using it as a streaming device or a spare system if you're wanting an XB1X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back