2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats up with one of my gamestops having 75% off clearance collectables but they said other stores were only 50% off.

I thought a few of the stores in my area were prestige.

Also picked up a MTG Commander deck for around $11.

Does anyone think Rory McIlroy PGA will become NCAA 14 levels of sought after, or will it start sinking?
Unless they ever make another PGA game, I don't see it sinking too low. It's never going to have the draw of NCAA Football for obvious reasons, but it's remained pretty steady going on the two years I've been paying attention to such things.

Whats up with one of my gamestops having 75% off clearance collectables but they said other stores were only 50% off.

I thought a few of the stores in my area were prestige.

Also picked up a MTG Commander deck for around $11.
It's 75% at 50-50 stores. 50% at regular stores

Can i use a friends -5$ promo code off his account? he owes me 5$ figure id use it on my account when buying games right now

Anyone else having an issue where the GameStop app loads saved trades really slowly? I've tried signing out & back in as well as deleting the app & reinstalling it, but the issue remains.

Maybe a dumb question, but do retro games qualify as one of the five and count for the 30% bonus? I thought I remembered a previous trade deal where retro didn't count.

Check your points. Just had 2 $25 google play cards redeemed on my account. It happened on 2/5. I will call support later today.
same thing happened to me in January. About two hours ago I got an email that my login for the website is locked out for 30 minutes due to someone making multiple attempts to get in. Watch out friends, these dirtbags are at it again. Well I guess they never stopped

So has it been determined if there is a minimum trade-in value to get the 20% or 30% - like if I have 3 top dollar trade-ins can I throw in a couple $1 trade-ins to bump my 3 games up to 5? Thanks for any help

So has it been determined if there is a minimum trade-in value to get the 20% or 30% - like if I have 3 top dollar trade-ins can I throw in a couple $1 trade-ins to bump my 3 games up to 5? Thanks for any help
I traded in a few games with .60 TIV and it got the boost with the other games I traded with them.

I got 1.5 with elite for trading in 5 games. 1st party switch games were $45 in trade credit.

tried and it didnt work, guy said it just gives the highest promo above the 20%
Confirmed bag does not stack. Left barcode did add a penny to all 24 of my games, though, as we've seen described here once before. I explained the promo and what I knew of it and the SL went and manually added the 20% to all of my games, and let me keep the bag, though.

Not going to bother taking pics and screenshots of the receipt but I ended up with $43.51 for RDR2, $26.11 for GoW, $34.81 for Hitman 2, and $52.21 each for Mario Odyssey and NSMB U Deluxe as a few examples.

Confirmed bag does not stack. Left barcode did add a penny to all 24 of my games, though, as we've seen described here once before. I explained the promo and what I knew of it and the SL went and manually added the 20% to all of my games, and let me keep the bag, though.

Not going to bother taking pics and screenshots of the receipt but I ended up with $43.51 for RDR2, $26.11 for GoW, $34.81 for Hitman 2, and $52.21 each for Mario Odyssey and NSMB U Deluxe as a few examples.
I would advise people not to ask SLs to manually adjust trade values. This SL messed up as bags don’t stack. This is an easy way to get you account trade banned because of an auto LP flag.

I've had trade values adjusted many times without issues with my account. I would fear more for the associate getting into trouble though. Adjusting trade values is something that gets noticed whenever they do it as I understand it.
Oh yea. I bet he is definitely getting a call. Giving $52 for switch games.... just wow.

The whole NCAA 14 thing is really still crazy. Not a good game by any means, but still is apparently desired by some just off name. I wonder how many copies had to be destroyed in order for it to raise its value.

Surprising that NCAA 10 Basketball is on there too.

I just did my trade and was going to let you know. I don’t know if the policy changed or what but yeah I got $40.50 as well...
As far back as I can remember the guaranteed $30 promo has never stacked with any other promotion.

As far back as I can remember the guaranteed $30 promo has never stacked with any other promotion.
Hmm. Maybe you're right but the last time I did a guaranteed trade value it was $30 for Battlefield V. They dropped the base to $25 but I got $35 because of $25 * 1.2 + $5 guarantee. Not sure about these +% bonuses though.

The whole NCAA 14 thing is really still crazy. Not a good game by any means, but still is apparently desired by some just off name. I wonder how many copies had to be destroyed in order for it to raise its value.

The servers are still up and people update the rosters each year. It's probably not the best game, but has the EA football franchise been good at all since Madden 2001? Once NFL 2K5 actually made a good game for 20 bucks, EA took over and it really hasn't been good since. Which sucks, because 2K5 is still better than modern day Madden.

The servers are still up and people update the rosters each year. It's probably not the best game, but has the EA football franchise been good at all since Madden 2001? Once NFL 2K5 actually made a good game for 20 bucks, EA took over and it really hasn't been good since. Which sucks, because 2K5 is still better than modern day Madden.
Are there any EA franchises that are good anymore? I'm a big hockey fan and used to put HOURS into NHL. NHL 19 is the first I've ever skipped, but they've gotten significantly worse over the years.

On the madden side, 16 was the first I bought and truly played since 08, and I really enjoyed it. Used EA access to play an hour of 17, laughed, and never touched it again.

EA can't seem to get video games right nowadays let alone sports games. I hate college football, but I can see why people are still interested if rosters are updated.

NCAA 14 is the best of the NCAA Football games on PS360, with 11 being a close second.

Plus the last sports game on a console sees its value stay high well after that season has passed. That’s why NCAA Football 14/Basketball 10/College Hoops 2K8 retain value; also see Madden 17 on PS360, Madden 13 on Vita, etc.

I remember seeing a few pages back GS is currently charging Elite members for shipping over $35. Any known workaround to get free Elite shipping?

I remember seeing a few pages back GS is currently charging Elite members for shipping over $35. Any known workaround to get free Elite shipping?
This is bugging me too. I would have bought a couple things already, but I'm not gifting gamestop $5 for shipping when it should be free.

Also not worth waiting 2hours+ with Gamestop's customer service to contest the charge.

Not yet. Still charging. Thinking this a permanent change. Been almost 2 weeks now.
It's GS of saying hey we're not doing so well financially so free shipping has been nuked. Funny thing people have reported the message "free 2 day shipping on orders $35 or more for Elite pro members"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back