2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do u know mate

I managed to get a peek.. ad isnnt supposed to be opened until the 22nd. I remember seeing
$10 off headsets.
Destiny 2 Forsaken is $20
Fallout 76 is $35
Spyro is $30
Black Ops 4 is $30
The Wit her 3 Complete is $15
AC: Origins is $20
God Eater 3 is $50
Madden 19 is $20
AC: Oydessey is $20
WWE 2K19 is $25
NBA 2K19 is $25
The Crew 2 is $15
Battlefield 5 is $25
Just Cause 4 is $40
That's all I remember

You get a B2G1 coupon if you buy anything on the 23rd
A free copy of Gears 4 with any Xbox purchase including Anthem ($250) and Fallout 76 ($400) bundles
Extra 10% trade in
B2G1 on Pops
40% off board games
Also Xbox One Volcano red is $50

I'll add as I remember some deals!

Thanks for listing the deals that you could. It looks pretty lukewarm to me though. I guess people who haven't played the Witcher yet should jump in for $15. I was hoping for a $40 Ace Combat 7 but I guess it's still too early for a sale on that. I'll keep waiting.

Some solid deals  ec91762. Witcher 3 Complete for $15 is a great deal for anyone who doesn't have it yet. I am tempted to get God Eater 3, but I probably should wait for a better sale.

I'm kind of shocked how much you remembered from sight. I would be lucky to remember half of those games.
Trust me my memory is awful, im lucky if i can remember what i did yesterday. For some reason though video game prices are the one thing i can keep track of and remember (or even get close)

I am guessing you don't remember seeing a deal for Ace Combat 7?
Yeah i don't remember seeing the price on that, sorry man!

But did you gently stroke that ad so it shows you the best deals?
You kidding me?? I took it to dinner first, see you gotta play it classy youre trying to go all the way here!

Trust me my memory is awful, im lucky if i can remember what i did yesterday. For some reason though video game prices are the one thing i can keep track of and remember (or even get close)

Yeah i don't remember seeing the price on that, sorry man!

You kidding me?? I took it to dinner first, see you gotta play it classy youre trying to go all the way here!
Any Kingdom Hearts 3 by chance?

is that just a general sale going on or only on pro day?
I believe it's happening now, not limited to Pro Day. There are a few 50/50 stores nearby me, but I have not gone to them recently. I have seen posts on Facebook from some people that have gotten clearance stuff for 75% in the last week. Not sure if there is an easy way to determine which stores are 50/50 without going to them.

Wish I had known XBox was going to put Red Dead on sale this week so I could have gotten $40 credit for my disc copy to put towards preorders & rebought digitally.

I traded in a bunch of first party switch games with the intent of rebuying them on pro day. Does anyone know if I can get gold points again on a different cart if I'm redeemed already on my account with my original carts? 

I traded in a bunch of first party switch games with the intent of rebuying them on pro day. Does anyone know if I can get gold points again on a different cart if I'm redeemed already on my account with my original carts?
Yes, as long as the new cart hasn't been redeemed or expired.

Yes, you can, as long as those different carts haven't been redeemed by their previous owner(s)--the gold coins/points are tied to individual carts and not accounts.

Wait you can use certificates from a different account??? Cuz i have a buddy who owes me $5 and he asked if i wanted to use his 5000 point cert, can i add it with me 15000 point one? dude at gamestop told me I cant but i never trust that guy

Wait you can use certificates from a different account??? Cuz i have a buddy who owes me $5 and he asked if i wanted to use his 5000 point cert, can i add it with me 15000 point one? dude at gamestop told me I cant but i never trust that guy
That is not even close to what the guy is talking about lol. They are talking about nintendo points from switch games. But to answer your question No it isnt allowed and if it does work that is a good way to get your account banned.

That is not even close to what the guy is talking about lol. They are talking about nintendo points from switch games. But to answer your question No it isnt allowed and if it does work that is a good way to get your account banned.
ahhh lol... thanks hahaha. totally forgot about those nintendo point things. i just remember club nintendo and how I would dumpster dive behind a gamestop and find a bunch of ds cases for points and get a ton of free shit. good times.

Do we know Pro day deals yet?

Edit: saw it, some good deals. Hoping for more. Thanks for posting it !

Last edited by a moderator:

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on pre-owned Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games (coupon valid 2/25 – 3/3 and will be “invisible” in Active Offers on 2/25. Must be PowerUp Rewards Member)

Lmfao

anyone had any good sightings on clearance statues with that 75% dealio?
Only 50%, but may be 75% off at 50/50 stores as it was marked as clearance, but I picked this up:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/kotobukiya-freddy-krueger-statue/161018

Interesting note on how certs work with clearance, or maybe promo deals in general, but the certs take off from the original price, not the clearance price.

So for this example, I tried to use a $15 cert and $25 cert, but it was only taking $20 off instead of $40. Nothing they could do in the POS to override. I had them just remove the certs and for the trouble they gave me $10 off, so not bad, but I was hoping to only pay $25 instead of $55. I guess I'll have to find something to spend the certs on now.

I recall in past Pro Day deals on games a similar thing happened with certs that they would take off from the original price, not the sale price, so it would not subtract correctly.

B2G1 not for Swith? Lol thanks god my shit expires the 23rd, I’m 100% not renewing and can’t wait for this cheap shithole company to fold
How about just don’t shop there if you’re not a fan of GameStop? I hate to see any physical stores go out of business. You think Amazon is going to have any good deals if there’s no competition left?

If anyone cares, the preowned copies of Lego Marvel Superheroes and The Lego Movie for Wii U that I bought as part of the four used games for $10 sale worked.  I tested them this morning.

And, then I played Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze instead.

How about just don’t shop there if you’re not a fan of GameStop? I hate to see any physical stores go out of business. You think Amazon is going to have any good deals if there’s no competition left?
Agreed - I want GameStop to stick around. I used to be one of the biggest proponents of Best Buy when they had great gaming deals and to be honest with you I'd say I'm currently behind GameStop above all other retailers.

So many deals for me. Civ 6 $45, AC Origins $20, 2k19 $25, hmmm may settle on Gear Club 2 for $30. Never saw the first one on sale by much until sequel came out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back