2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surveys do work wonders too.  Had an employee forget to put a couple of games in the cases at an out of the way store last year.  Called to see if they could ship them to my local store or how we could work something out since it was a significant distance to return to.  They essentially told me to pound sand if I couldn't go back to get them.  Filled out a survey and the district manager straightened everything out.  Gave me the option of shipping to my address or the local store.

They pay attention to those surveys big time.  Both good and bad.

Do a store pickup for Catherine
I already have that preordered though. I did that with her, trying to boost her numbers if you know what I'm saying

Raw go back and ask about b2g1 and switch deals. These are the questions people need answering. Sorry about the double post, mobile
I'm having a tough time, maybe I'll try a different store. She did say she was looking me up, i made sure i set my Myspace to public. Might not of been fast enough, my phone wasn't loading properly.

I went into gamestop for the first time in months yesterday. While checking out the girl ringing me up asked me for my number. Been about 24 hrs now and she never called or text. Should i be worried or should i just go back and see what's up?

I also picked up a Vita and i love the condition i got it in, pretty surprised. They just put out a OG gameboy too, i regret not buying that.
I never give them my number because I feel that's an invasion of privacy.

Noticed the trade Value of the PS4 pro went up to $275, is this before the $25 bump?
948x200_PS4_Trade.jpg

Pretty tempted to trade in the PS4 slim I got on Black Friday, that I bought for $200. 1:1 is nice, but I can't help but think back to when we were getting over $200 for the consoles. Don't wanna screw myself over if Sony announces the PS5 or they have a price drop, between now and whenever the next console trade promo may be.

Pretty tempted to trade in the PS4 slim I got on Black Friday, that I bought for $200. 1:1 is nice, but I can't help but think back to when we were getting over $200 for the consoles. Don't wanna screw myself over if Sony announces the PS5 or they have a price drop, between now and whenever the next console trade promo may be.
I don't think we'll ever see >200 on the PS4/Slim again, but there's probably no harm waiting if you're in no rush to get rid of it.

I already have that preordered though. I did that with her, trying to boost her numbers if you know what I'm saying

I'm having a tough time, maybe I'll try a different store. She did say she was looking me up, i made sure i set my Myspace to public. Might not of been fast enough, my phone wasn't loading properly.
Did you mean Facebook? Facebook disabled the feature to find profiles via phone numbers sometime last summer. It used to be a good way for me to screen the random girls I'd get numbers from before calling them. 24 hours isn't necessarily a rule. I've waited 2 - 3 days to call girls back. Do not give up hope young padawan ;)

Anyone know if you made a purchase online during pro day if you get emailed a B2G1 coupon? Or was it instore only?

Great time to "upgrade" to the new CUH-7200, quieter PS4 Pro.
Good point. I would actually consider this if they had any $400 game bundles left like the read dead one last Christmas, but paying an extra hundred bucks for a console that has a little less fan noise doesn't seem worth it to me. I only rarely notice my Pro making noises as it is and it's a launch model one.

Hmm. Haven't played much on my PS4 pro since God of War...not sure if there's anything worthwhile upcoming that I'd actually have time to really play. $300 seems peak value, thanks for sharing.

Edit: Says good thru 2/25, so I should be able to do it on Monday the 25th right?

Hmm. Haven't played much on my PS4 pro since God of War...not sure if there's anything worthwhile upcoming that I'd actually have time to really play. $300 seems peak value, thanks for sharing.

Edit: Says good thru 2/25, so I should be able to do it on Monday the 25th right?
Yes

I don't think we'll ever see >200 on the PS4/Slim again, but there's probably no harm waiting if you're in no rush to get rid of it.
I have a PS4 Pro now, so I don't have any use for the slim. Only have like an hour and an half to make my decision, and I think formatting it takes way longer than that iirc.

Surveys can help them, but one bad survey kills them hard. They lose the chance for a lot of perks with a singular bad survey.
I had to burn one today on a survey.

This stupid Super Mario U Deluxe is hard to find pre-owned. I had a bunch of coupons already redeemed in my active offers and wanted to use them towards it. Well, I finally find one about 40 minutes away. Put a hold request on it through the app. Got the auto email saying the got the request.

I never bothered to wait for a fulfilled confirmation because I've been watching for this game and assuming that because this had just become available, it was in stock. Drove all the way there and as I pull into parking lot I get a 'Your hold request could not be fulfilled". I check the app, and it still shows in stock. Ok, so if its not there, I thought I'd at least go in and tell them they should update their numbers. I go into the store and there is the game, on the shelf.

I pull the case and ask if its in stock. I mention that I put a hold request in for it and they were unable to fulfill it. The guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. He found the game and went to ring me up. I asked him to hold on, that I wanted to look around because this isn't my regular store and I know stock varies. I come back 10 minutes later with a stack of 4/10 games, ask for the Mario, and he rings me up with a new copy. I tell him I want the preowned I just asked for and he had to go and pull it out of the locked case again.

Why the fucking run around?

This stupid Super Mario U Deluxe is hard to find pre-owned. I had a bunch of coupons already redeemed in my active offers and wanted to use them towards it. Well, I finally find one about 40 minutes away. Put a hold request on it through the app. Got the auto email saying the got the request.

I never bothered to wait for a fulfilled confirmation because I've been watching for this game and assuming that because this had just become available, it was in stock. Drove all the way there and as I pull into parking lot I get a 'Your hold request could not be fulfilled". I check the app, and it still shows in stock. Ok, so if its not there, I thought I'd at least go in and tell them they should update their numbers. I go into the store and there is the game, on the shelf.

I pull the case and ask if its in stock. I mention that I put a hold request in for it and they were unable to fulfill it. The guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. He found the game and went to ring me up. I asked him to hold on, that I wanted to look around because this isn't my regular store and I know stock varies. I come back 10 minutes later with a stack of 4/10 games, ask for the Mario, and he rings me up with a new copy. I tell him I want the preowned I just asked for and he had to go and pull it out of the locked case again.

I think if they don't fulfill it in a certain amount of time it just automatically cancels. Not sure though. This happens to me all the time around here. Just lazy employees

Just got the B2G1 in my active offers for buying something on yesterday's Pro day.
Ditto.

On a side note I find it interesting that they limited it to just PS4/XB1 games. You'd think they would just do a general one so they can get rid of their older generation games.

Sony still has to announce a Super Slim PS4, if history is any indication.

Super_Slim_PS3_35454664_35454666_35454667_35454668_18.jpg

man talk about conflicting feelings

ps3 super slim looks ugly, makes more noise, and didnt cost any less than the ps3 slim

but my stupid ass loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves top-loaders

Cmon now lemme get $250 for my og ps4 then MAYBE I’ll finally trade it in. Knowing that ps5 will drop soon is preventing me from upgrading to pro

250$ is too much money to charge for a used slim, let alone paying you for your OG system

the only excuse for something like that is extra trade in value just for when you upgrade

Don’t they usually do a good bonus when you’re trading past gen for new one. Like “trade your PS3 towards a PS4 and get an extra $50 credit” or someshit like that.

Varies by district we are told any missing inserts or cases = refurb fee no exceptions
That's a horrible dl then. I get it cost money to order our replacement cases and cover art but that is not the policy.
If it were me I would call the employee confidential cmplaint number.

man talk about conflicting feelings

ps3 super slim looks ugly, makes more noise, and didnt cost any less than the ps3 slim

but my stupid ass loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves top-loaders
The best top-loader console for me was the PS2 Super Slim.

play202.jpg

Sometimes I saw something in stock and put in the online request but they cant find it so I get the cancel email. Then if I check back the next day it's ok. Maybe something to do with it being a recent trade in?

Sometimes I saw something in stock and put in the online request but they cant find it so I get the cancel email. Then if I check back the next day it's ok. Maybe something to do with it being a recent trade in?
Sometimes if they are too busy they might just say they can not find it. Or even worse, say they pulled it when they didn’t yet

My Elite Pro expires sometime in March and I am trying to squeeze as much use out of it as possible before it expires, but I can never take advantage of the 20% off used games because no one seems to trade anything in at the stores around me anymore, at least not as quickly as they once did. I'd like to get some newer releases like New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe used before my discount expires. The 10% off with the regular Pro membership is too low for me to not just spend the extra money for a new copy. 

I think if they don't fulfill it in a certain amount of time it just automatically cancels. Not sure though. This happens to me all the time around here. Just lazy employees
Yeah they have 1 hour during business hours or 14 hours after business hours to respond to the request before it auto cancels.

My Elite Pro expires sometime in March and I am trying to squeeze as much use out of it as possible before it expires, but I can never take advantage of the 20% off used games because no one seems to trade anything in at the stores around me anymore, at least not as quickly as they once did. I'd like to get some newer releases like New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe used before my discount expires. The 10% off with the regular Pro membership is too low for me to not just spend the extra money for a new copy.
My normal store can barely keep NSMBU in stock new, never had one traded in. They can’t keep any of the top tier Switch games in stock used. I think the most they’ve had of any top tier Switch game used is maybe 5 copies of Zelda once or twice since release.

Edit: Just did a search & there is 1 used NSMBU Deluxe cart in all of STL Metro Area.

My normal store can barely keep NSMBU in stock new, never had one traded in. They can’t keep any of the top tier Switch games in stock used. I think the most they’ve had of any top tier Switch game used is maybe 5 copies of Zelda once or twice since release.

Edit: Just did a search & there is 1 used NSMBU Deluxe cart in all of STL Metro Area.
Yeah, makes sense but it goes to show you that people just aren't trading games in like they used. These first-party Switch games are often among the best selling games on a monthly basis so there are certainly copies floating around and Gamestop tends to give more trade value on these games than anything else. I have the game on Wii U already so I am in no rush to pick it up on Switch, but I do want to add it to my collection for less than the $59.99 MSRP. Seems like my local stores tend to keep Switch games in stock better, but yeah the first-party stuff is rarely in stock and typically hard to get ahold of used.

Has anyone tried the $5 Switch bonus from the ad?  I don't see it under the trade offers

Edit:  Went and it applied to my game with a $7 base.  No idea if there's a minimum base or not.

I lucked in to a used Smash for the kids the other day. Sub $50 with pro and I used TC to get it. Was very happy but also knew I had to move fast or lose out.

Anyone recently redeemed and used $25 online cert coupon?  I have been emailing with Gamestop customer service at least 30 times to resolve the issue but they cannot help.  It does not give me any error message, but the discount simply does not take into effect.  I tried every possible type of product I can imagine too.  Oddly $5 online cert never had such an issue.

Yeah, makes sense but it goes to show you that people just aren't trading games in like they used. These first-party Switch games are often among the best selling games on a monthly basis so there are certainly copies floating around and Gamestop tends to give more trade value on these games than anything else. I have the game on Wii U already so I am in no rush to pick it up on Switch, but I do want to add it to my collection for less than the $59.99 MSRP. Seems like my local stores tend to keep Switch games in stock better, but yeah the first-party stuff is rarely in stock and typically hard to get ahold of used.
Perhaps the customers trading in switch games are better informed of the fact that they retain their value (thanks to big N) and GS offering $25/$30 base without promos isn’t going to get those trades versus other avenues. There was definitely more stock imo when the $51 switch trades after promo were commonplace.

IMO nintendo nerds probably don’t trade in at all (bought physical for a reason), the sterotypically ignorant “dat 2k” clientele isn’t buying switch games at all, many parents will balk at the TIV being half what they just paid,and so that leaves just parents or teenagers with more money than sense (GS bread and butter) which just doesn’t fit the mold for the seitch like it does xbox/ps4.

Anyone recently redeemed and used $25 online cert coupon? I have been emailing with Gamestop customer service at least 30 times to resolve the issue but they cannot help. It does not give me any error message, but the discount simply does not take into effect. I tried every possible type of product I can imagine too. Oddly $5 online cert never had such an issue.
Having this same issue. I figured customee service would be a waste of time. Hoping they fix it lol.

Perhaps the customers trading in switch games are better informed of the fact that they retain their value (thanks to big N) and GS offering $25/$30 base without promos isn’t going to get those trades versus other avenues. There was definitely more stock imo when the $51 switch trades after promo were commonplace.

IMO nintendo nerds probably don’t trade in at all (bought physical for a reason), the sterotypically ignorant “dat 2k” clientele isn’t buying switch games at all, many parents will balk at the TIV being half what they just paid,and so that leaves just parents or teenagers with more money than sense (GS bread and butter) which just doesn’t fit the mold for the seitch like it does xbox/ps4.
I've had a lot of trouble finding a lot of the big name Switch games in my area ever since the B2G1 promo that they had a few months ago; that really cleaned out the stock around here, and it hasn't recovered since. Seriously, I have trouble finding anything around here lately, to the point where I went and made sure the stores around me hadn't closed after multiple games on the site were showing out of stock anywhere around me.

I traded my 3 Switch games in for $45 a piece expecting to buy them all back for $90 during the buy 2, get 1 free deal. How do they expect to make money if they aren’t going to sell me stuff for less than they paid me for it?!

I've had a lot of trouble finding a lot of the big name Switch games in my area ever since the B2G1 promo that they had a few months ago; that really cleaned out the stock around here, and it hasn't recovered since. Seriously, I have trouble finding anything around here lately, to the point where I went and made sure the stores around me hadn't closed after multiple games on the site were showing out of stock anywhere around me.
People just aren't trading in games as often anymore, it's very easy for someone to throw something on Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, etc. and get closer to what they paid for a newer release selling it on their own. I've noticed newer releases in general just not coming into Gamestop used as quickly as they used to. Ace Combat 7 has been out for about a month now and I have not seen it used anywhere around me for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back