2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gold Edition of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is on sale for $26 and change on the Nintendo EShop.  With the $5 Switch trade in bonus at GameSTop and Elite Pro you'd basically convert to digital and get the season pass for a few bucks.

Need more info...what is your end goal...3 games, 2 games, or 1 game, which console(s), or trade credit for something else?

also, how many GS stores are in close proximity and what are the expiration dates of the three coupons?
Looking to get 3 games. B2G1 expires tomorrow. Might end up with something like RE2 and 2 cheaper $20ish titles. Should work out decently, right?

I think I'm about done with this round of Buy 4 for $10.  I just picked up 8 more games:

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS3)

Mirror's Edge (PS3)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)

Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)

Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)

Fable II (Xbox  360)

N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights (Xbox 360)

I also swapped out RE 6 that I had picked up at another Gamestop that had a generic case and the game was scratched up.  Instead of just giving me a credit for $2.25, they gave me the full $4.99 so I exchanged the game and got the other games for $16.41.  Damn good price IMO.  Now only if I can get the time to play them...

I think I'm about done with this round of Buy 4 for $10. I just picked up 8 more games:

Mirror's Edge (PS3)
Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
Fable II (Xbox 360)

I also swapped out RE 6 that I had picked up at another Gamestop that had a generic case and the game was scratched up. Instead of just giving me a credit for $2.25, they gave me the full $4.99 so I exchanged the game and got the other games for $16.41. Damn good price IMO. Now only if I can get the time to play them...
Almost bought RE6 at Walmart last night. Good to know that one is on the list despite the fact that I have already bought 52 games from these sales since they started.

I have a problem.

Almost bought RE6 at Walmart last night. Good to know that one is on the list despite the fact that I have already bought 52 games from these sales since they started.

I have a problem.
Oh me too, I'm up to 16 for that sale. I also bought about 12 Retro titles online from them and then another 16 or so locally during the President Day's sales that had b2g1 deals. I also decided on our vacation this year which requires some saving up (which I've done amazingly) and need to stop this madness. Thankfully I'm about done after going to 3 different Gamestops and the sales winding down. I go through spurts so I'm not worried about this continuing on.

Used my B2G1 on Persona 5, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition, and Hotel Translyvania 3 for $33. No stores close by had Anthem, KH3, or RE2 in stock. 

Honestly from what i saw on that Steelbook... its flimsy, i barely pressed and i could feel it start to bend. Its a nice Steelbook but it looks like they got rid of a bit of "steel", the inside looks a little deeper than others. Your Gamestops should have them though

For the B2G1, if your store doesn’t have the new release games preowned, there are good games at the $37.99 price. I’m thinking about a combo of Spider-man, RDR2, Lego DC Villains, Darksiders 3, or Dragon Quest XI ($32.99). With Elite and the B2G1, that’s $20.26 each for some of the best games of 2018.

Oh me too, I'm up to 16 for that sale. I also bought about 12 Retro titles online from them and then another 16 or so locally during the President Day's sales that had b2g1 deals. I also decided on our vacation this year which requires some saving up (which I've done amazingly) and need to stop this madness. Thankfully I'm about done after going to 3 different Gamestops and the sales winding down. I go through spurts so I'm not worried about this continuing on.
I often get more excitement from buying the games than I do from playing them. But the four for $10 makes it easier to legitimize the purchase in my head as being OK. These types of deals are why I can't see myself spending $59.99 on a game ever again. However, I'm planning to spend the weekend trying some of the games that I've picked up simply because I need to do that starting with the PS3 games.

Edit: After I got home and counted them (I leave the games in the GameStop bags that they were in when they were originally purchased with the receipts), I've bought at least 80 just from the four for $10 sales. That's not including the games that I bought from the four for $20 sales and the oddball random onesie or twosie games that I bought because they were 99 cents.

Yes, I'm definitely cutting waaaaaaay back on gaming purchases after my 40th birthday this month. It's getting wasteful.

I already own Persona 5 for PS4 but considering using my B2G1 on another since it shows as a price drop now and is so popular I have a feeling the TIV will go back up to around or above the current purchase price soon enough.

I already own Persona 5 for PS4 but considering using my B2G1 on another since it shows as a price drop now and is so popular I have a feeling the TIV will go back up to around or above the current purchase price soon enough.
I dunno. Once they re-release it with additional content the standard Persona 5 will likely go down in value unless you are getting a steelbook edition.

Looking to get 3 games. B2G1 expires tomorrow. Might end up with something like RE2 and 2 cheaper $20ish titles. Should work out decently, right?
If you’re sitting on store credit look for Metro Exodus or any of the $30 guaranteed release games and trade 2 back in and you’ll be out ahead.

Yeah I grabbed kh3, jump force, and metro Exodus earlier in the week, traded kh3 and jump force back in to make metro Exodus $25 after tax and almost $5 worth of points

Picked up 8 games from the 4/$10 sale, don't think I'll grab more than one more set while the sale is still active. Got a freebie courtesy a warehouse or employee goof. The employee pulled the GH case for Cod4: MW and it has CoD: Finest hour for PS2 inside. Someone had scribbled some rather interesting stuff on the back of the case. I won't post here though.

PS3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: Black Ops 

Call of Duty: Adavanced Warfare

Xbox 360

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2

I think I'm about done with this round of Buy 4 for $10. I just picked up 8 more games:

Mirror's Edge (PS3)

Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)

Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)

Fable II (Xbox 360)

I also swapped out RE 6 that I had picked up at another Gamestop that had a generic case and the game was scratched up. Instead of just giving me a credit for $2.25, they gave me the full $4.99 so I exchanged the game and got the other games for $16.41. Damn good price IMO. Now only if I can get the time to play them...
That really is a good deal. It's going to be hard to find PS3 & 360 games for $2 each (I have Elite Pro) anywhere else, really. I've built a lot of my PS3 & 360 game collection from those 4/$10 deals a few years back.

Picked up 8 games from the 4/$10 sale, don't think I'll grab more than one more set while the sale is still active. Got a freebie courtesy a warehouse or employee goof. The employee pulled the GH case for Cod4: MW and it has CoD: Finest hour for PS2 inside. Someone had scribbled some rather interesting stuff on the back of the case. I won't post here though.

PS3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Adavanced Warfare

Xbox 360

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
i guess i'm the only one curious about what was on the back of the case?

Can anyone suggest good co-op games for $5? GF loves south park and mortal kombat and grand theft auto and hates shooters like call of duty.

I finally started playing through my backlog of PS3 games that I bought as a part of the four for $10 sales starting with copies of Soulcalibur IV and Need for Speed: Shift that I purchased in 2017.  Both still play and look good enough to me at this point.

Only 88 or so more to go.  At the same time, I'm trying to fight the urge to go to another GameStop today and buy another batch.  

I finally started playing through my backlog of PS3 games that I bought as a part of the four for $10 sales starting with copies of Soulcalibur IV and Need for Speed: Shift that I purchased in 2017. Both still play and look good enough to me at this point.

Only 88 or so more to go. At the same time, I'm trying to fight the urge to go to another GameStop today and buy another batch.
Are there any good PS4/XB1 games in the 4for10?

Unless you're interested in backward compatible 360 games, the only ones that I was able to find that qualified were Has-Been Heroes for both the PS4 and the Xbox One. I haven't played either of them, so I don't know if they are decent games or not.

It's more likely for a current-gen gamer to clean up on PS4 and Xbox One games when GameStop does the four for $20 sales. I imagine they'll do one of those again sooner or later.

PS4 has COD: Infinite Warfare, Battlefield 1 and Mighty No. 9. All are decent for $2.50 each if you do the 4 for $10.

Just noticed that Killzone Shadow Fall went $4.99 to $7.99. I know it was $4.99, as it was one of the games I grabbed when the 4 for $10 started last month. Guess they just wanted to clear out some copies and then raise the price.

Does that show up on the website, because it doesn’t on the app.
No, DMC5 is the only game listed that you can get a TIV boost towards a game. The only Division 2 promo on their website is the guaranteed $30 for TIV for PUR Pro members before 4/14/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back