2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
First transaction today after renewing my membership after elite expired.
Used the b2g1 coupon on a couple preowned games. Went back in same day/store to swap a game out that is $1 difference and the manager flicked the receipt and said, yep sorry b2g1 coupon can only be used once cant help you. Anyone aware of this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Used the b2g1 coupon on a couple preowned games. Went back in same day/store to swap a game out that is $1 difference and the manager flicked the receipt and said, yep sorry b2g1 coupon can only be used once cant help you. Anyone aware of this?
Just go to a different store, most employees will have no problem switching it out for another preowned game

Don't you need to return all the games to swap out everything.
Yea, that's what they said first. So I walked out to my car and grabbed the other two. Then they hit me with the sorry we can't use the b2g1 coupon twice. I wasnt trying to use it again, I was just trying to swap out a game and pay the difference which was a buck and change

I have swapped out B2G1 games umpteen times so far. It's fairly straightforward and most people won't cause an issue. That employee didnt know how to or didnt want to put in the work.

Generally, if you get what you ordered, that's a win. If you get 1 case, its bonus. If you get all cases, you buy the lottery. Why? Because its GS.
My expectation as well. I order disc-based games, expecting no cases at all. If any comes with case and/or manuals, that is a plus. People on here that have been buying/trading all these years should know better than to expect the latter...

Has anyone returned a 4 for 10 game, and was told they would only refund 2 dollars and would not exchange because the values are different without the promotion? 

so the $5 switch bonus, that works on multiple games in 1 transaction right? want to go digital with some games going on sale next week.

so the $5 switch bonus, that works on multiple games in 1 transaction right? want to go digital with some games going on sale next week.
Yes it should.

Nintendo games will be $39.99 digital on March 10 including Super Mario Party, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces. Looks like deals will be at Walmart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy.

These games have a $30 base plus $5 extra, so $41 with Elite Pro. Not bad for those looking to go from physical to digital.

Yes it should.

Nintendo games will be $39.99 digital on March 10 including Super Mario Party, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces. Looks like deals will be at Walmart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy.
Is this going to be for everyone or just rewards members? My elite pro just ran out and I don't know if I want to renew for regular elite...

Is this going to be for everyone or just rewards members? My elite pro just ran out and I don't know if I want to renew for regular elite...
Sounds like that is going to be for everyone. My Elite Pro is about to expire as well, but I will probably get the standard Pro membership just for the coupons, but the loss of the Elite perks will just take me out of the Gamestop ecosystem further, same as Best Buy with my GCU having expired back in December. If I have to pay full price for a game with no benefits I'll just buy on Amazon or at the Target down the street from my house.

Yes it should.

These games have a $30 base plus $5 extra, so $41 with Elite Pro. Not bad for those looking to go from physical to digital.
Of course my GCU expires 2 weeks ago

Yes it should.

I'm totally trading in my NSMBU for digital. Beat the base game last weekend, but I think there's plenty to play still.

Yes it should.

These deals seriously won't be available on the eShop itself?

If the sale prices aren't available on the eshop, and if the digital games aren't on sale at Gamestop... are there any good GS to BB credit movers?

I mean, sure, I'll probably trade in my physical MK8 for $38 GS credit and then use $40 cash to buy it from BB... but I'd rather not.

Is there a way to buy a digital game code from Gamestop retail store, without the physical code card?  Like buying a Mario Kart 8 code off their counter.

Is there a way to buy a digital game code from Gamestop retail store, without the physical code card? Like buying a Mario Kart 8 code off their counter.
just curious since i prefer digital myself...why do you prefer to buy a code generated through the POS instead of a card?

White Xbox One X with Fallout 76 (would sell) + DMC 5 for 399... I have a 4K and have been eyeing one for a while and I really like the white... should I pull the trigger (devil trigger) lol

Seeing the Wii Sports games on that list is odd to me to say the least, could have sworn they couldn't get rid of those fast enough back in the day.
You might be thinking Wii Fit. Wii Sports is still very nostalgic for people and selling for $20 a pop.

Wonder when the most wanted list gets the TIV bump, as there are a few games on that list I'd like to get rid of.

Do Xbox Gold subs ever go on sale at GS? Sitting on credit and have no use to buy anything new or used for a long time...
They were just on sale, where 3 months was $15 and the 6 months was $30. But the sale ended earlier this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back