2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, hope that Wii Sports/Resort and Mario Kart will be on the stealth bump platter next month as well. Best time I've had with GS in a while. Fingers crossed for main line Wii Mario titles, too.
Right. New Super Mario Bros on DS at base 17.50 is the highest ive seen in a while

Got KH3 at Best Buy with GCU and the $10 Preorder bonus, so trading it for $42 was a fairly easy decision. I have enough other stuff to play and will circle back when it’s cheaper.

I put $5 towards Sekiro and the GS associate went ahead and gave me the preorder letter opener item. One of the nicer bonuses I’ve seen.

Does anyone know if the 4 for $10 (under $4.99) deal is still going on, or is it now the 4 for $20 (under $9.99)?  Someone pointed out earlier that the weekly ad shows contradictory information.

Got KH3 at Best Buy with GCU and the $10 Preorder bonus, so trading it for $42 was a fairly easy decision. I have enough other stuff to play and will circle back when it’s cheaper.

I put $5 towards Sekiro and the GS associate went ahead and gave me the preorder letter opener item. One of the nicer bonuses I’ve seen.
Uh...he's not supposed to give you that yet. Whoops.

I considered trading off my 1s toward the 1x for the extra bonus then returning to buy a Switch but after reading the fine print the 1x Fallout 76 bundle is excluded lol. Of course it would be on sale for $399 then excluded from the promo. And $100 for a 1s 1tb is embarrassing. Even with the $25 extra promo that just passed thats still bad yikes.

I considered trading off my 1s toward the 1x for the extra bonus then returning to buy a Switch but after reading the fine print the 1x Fallout 76 bundle is excluded lol. Of course it would be on sale for $399 then excluded from the promo. And $100 for a 1s 1tb is embarrassing. Even with the $25 extra promo that just passed thats still bad yikes.
I don't know if its still active but the microsoft store has a pretty good deal towards trading in for an xbox one X. They give you a $75 bonus on top of the trade value ($10 for a 360 lol but $75+10, I think around $150 total for an OG xbox?) plus you get a free game with any X purchase PLUS the X's are $399 there. So for $399-trade value you get an X and any new game. Not insane but pretty decent.

There is a slickdeals thread about it which goes into more details and examples from people who have been doing it. You do need a microsoft store in your town.

Does anyone know if the 4 for $10 (under $4.99) deal is still going on, or is it now the 4 for $20 (under $9.99)? Someone pointed out earlier that the weekly ad shows contradictory information.
$4 for 20 in the store I went to last night with a bin full of the games at the front. I think 4/10 ended sunday.

Why is it I just want one of those Thanos bags shown in the sale ad for the 20% promo with collectibles?   :whistle2:

Too bad it's not something I can look up online.

Well between buying 3 different versions of LEGO Marvel Avengers & Minecraft PS3 from Family Video, a $1 purchase of 360 Modern Warfare trilogy from a pawn shop, the last Black Ops PS3 collection on clearance from local GameStop’s, & Wii Sports Resort from a local Mom/Pop, I spent $56 & turned it into $133.50. Added in KH 3 & Far Cry ND that I’ll rebuy later & I paid off MK Deluxe, Persona Q 2 CE, DQ 11 Switch, & MUA 3, & half paid off Astral Chain.

I don't know if its still active but the microsoft store has a pretty good deal towards trading in for an xbox one X. They give you a $75 bonus on top of the trade value ($10 for a 360 lol but $75+10, I think around $150 total for an OG xbox?) plus you get a free game with any X purchase PLUS the X's are $399 there. So for $399-trade value you get an X and any new game. Not insane but pretty decent.

There is a slickdeals thread about it which goes into more details and examples from people who have been doing it. You do need a microsoft store in your town.
link to the thread?

I assume that trades including some Switch games will not stack a pre-order/purchase +20% credit bonus promo with a +$5 credit Switch promo, but does anyone know which promotion the POS system defaults to using if you did trade all game-types at once? Thanks for any info!

P.S. if I’m wrong, please let me know.

I assume that trades including some Switch games will not stack a pre-order/purchase +20% credit bonus promo with a +$5 credit Switch promo, but does anyone know which promotion the POS system defaults to using if you did trade all game-types at once? Thanks for any info!

P.S. if I’m wrong, please let me know.
You cannot stack promos. Unfortunately, it defaults to the greatest overall amount rather than the greatest amount for each game. If you're taking advantage of the 20% leave out any Switch games with a base less than $25. I found this out the hard way with LA Noire and 2K Playgrounds

You cannot stack promos. Unfortunately, it defaults to the greatest overall amount rather than the greatest amount for each game. If you're taking advantage of the 20% leave out any Switch games with a base less than $25. I found this out the hard way with LA Noire and 2K Playgrounds
Thanks for the reply and letting me know what the system defaults to. I’ll stick with my plan of doing 2 separate trades.

By the way, do you happen to know if tc can still be used to purchase Microsoft gift cards? Some gc options have been eliminated over time so just checking.

Placed some games on hold and then didn’t get the chance to pick them up before GS closed on Sunday. Went after work today and they were still there. Picked up :wiiu: Shovel Knight, :Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, :wii: Super Mario Galaxy and :wii: Super Paper Mario as a part of the 4/$20.

Decided to trade kingdom hearts 3 towards shadows die twice. They let me look at the letter opener pre order bonus but wouldn't give me one. They assured me they have more than enough for everyone that pre orders but I feel like I should go to the 9pm release Thursday night to secure one.

Decided to trade kingdom hearts 3 towards shadows die twice. They let me look at the letter opener pre order bonus but wouldn't give me one. They assured me they have more than enough for everyone that pre orders but I feel like I should go to the 9pm release Thursday night to secure one.
Thanks for the heads up, didn’t even know it came with that. I will definitely make an effort to pick it up at 9pm for the letter opener.

If any of your guys stores are selling retro, any $6-$9.99 titles qualify for the 4 for $20.  I was quite surprised as the last few X for $X sales the retro games didn't work (since technically they're not supposed to be carried in-store).

If any of your guys stores are selling retro, any $6-$9.99 titles qualify for the 4 for $20. I was quite surprised as the last few X for $X sales the retro games didn't work (since technically they're not supposed to be carried in-store).
You actually have a location that sells retro? One of my closest stores in a Prestige store and even it doesn't sell retro.

How is the selection? I'm guessing really small?

If any of your guys stores are selling retro, any $6-$9.99 titles qualify for the 4 for $20. I was quite surprised as the last few X for $X sales the retro games didn't work (since technically they're not supposed to be carried in-store).
The last remaining stores with them near me were told to send them to the warehouse over a year ago. There was a brief time when one of these deals worked online and retro games worked with it.

Hey just a heads up if anyone was looking to get an arcade cabinet by 1up through gamestop.  Some of the arcades have come back online to buy and there is a coupon for 20% off $100= Collectibles Purchase.  The total came out to 278$ with shipping.  Better then spending the 299$ plus tax. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back