2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if YMMV or not... I just picked up 8 games and the 4 for $20 and b2g1 stacked!

Sin and punishment star successor (wii) $4

Okami (wii) $4

God Wars: Future past (ps4) $0!

Deus Ex mankind devided (xb1) $4

Mass Effect Andromeda (xb1) $4

The Inner world: The last wind monk (xb1) $0!

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom (ps4) $4

The Order 1886 (ps4) $4
Anyone tried to duplicate?

Anyone tried to duplicate?
It did not work for four games in store earlier today for me (about four hours ago). The system rang up the third item as free on the pin pad as the games were being scanned, but reverted to the 4 for $20 deal and charged for all four when the fourth game was rung.

Wow, I can’t recall the last time I put someone on a block list. But that dude is straight up stupid and loudly broadcasting that fact.
Yeah seriously, I just went through the effort of figuring it out just so I never have to see his posts again.

Got
DMC5
Resident Evil 2
Kingdom hearts 3

All for PS4. Pretty nice for ~$29 a piece after elite pro. Maybe I'll actually play kindgdom hearts this time!

Yeah seriously, I just went through the effort of figuring it out just so I never have to see his posts again.

Got
DMC5
Resident Evil 2
Kingdom hearts 3

All for PS4. Pretty nice for ~$29 a piece after elite pro. Maybe I'll actually play kindgdom hearts this time!
Nice finds. Legit question, how did you block him? There's a few people I would like to block on this site.

Speaking of SB, any chance we get one for the last weekend of the month? 

At one point it was the last weekend then suddenly turned into mid-month.  I can't remember if during the switch over we got two SBs in one month...

what were they bumped to - did all the big ones go into the 40s or stay put in the 30s
i've got a couple i'm sitting on but i'm not in any rush right now, wanna know if waiting for another bump will get me any extra

It did not work for four games in store earlier today for me (about four hours ago). The system rang up the third item as free on the pin pad as the games were being scanned, but reverted to the 4 for $20 deal and charged for all four when the fourth game was rung.
My understanding is that the system is supposed to ring up the best deal automatically. In the past I’ve bought stacks of cheap games at once and it always paired them correctly as long as you paid attention to your groups of three. Not sure how a b2g1 free would “stack” with 4/$20 but they can happen on same receipt (if you bought 7 games for example)

Speaking of SB, any chance we get one for the last weekend of the month?

At one point it was the last weekend then suddenly turned into mid-month. I can't remember if during the switch over we got two SBs in one month...
I cannot recall there being an end of month SB since the switchover to mid month.

But there’s always a chance...(jim carrey gif)

what were they bumped to - did all the big ones go into the 40s or stay put in the 30s
i've got a couple i'm sitting on but i'm not in any rush right now, wanna know if waiting for another bump will get me any extra
Nothing got bumped past $30, that seems to be the maximum trade value now for new/switch games and mostly that during their most wanted weekends. New games come in usually at $25 and drop to $23 after 30-60 days usually.

It sounds like you'd be uncomfortable with that anywhere, whereas OP specifically mentioned the bad neighborhood as part of the equation. I just don't understand how the location of the store would make a difference with this situation. That was what I pointed out.
I wonder if these guys leave their $300-$1000 smart phones at home? My car (even the cheap one) is worth more then 150K in points at GS.

As long as you can still buy PSN cards, who cares?

I've never bought a digital game via Gamestop, so it doesn't affect me directly. Were there deals at Gamestop that weren't available on PSN?
I bought FH3 last year (maybe year before) at GS digitally. And I had to pay tax (vs no tax on used using trade credit in NY).

I think that is the ONLY game I bought digitally there. And maybe one game at Best Buy digitally. Everything else digital I bought on PSN and Live.

But I guess that will be the end of buy a PS4/PS5 console and pick one digital free game promos. Although I think I have only seen those promos for new XBox One anyway?

So uh..is it worth getting the b2g1 if you only want one of the games? I mean I guess I could pick up two newer used switch games and trade them back in...but is clearing the extra $10-15 in tc really worth it? Plus it's probably not good to trade in 2 games you just bought at another GS on the same day, huh? 😁

Maybe I'll just stop at the used copy of Sekiro and leave the harder thinking to the pros.

So uh..is it worth getting the b2g1 if you only want one of the games? I mean I guess I could pick up two newer used switch games and trade them back in...but is clearing the extra $10-15 in tc really worth it? Plus it's probably not good to trade in 2 games you just bought at another GS on the same day, huh? 😁
Switch games aren't included in the b2g1

I used the 20% bonus on preorder for sekiro but not sure I want it. If i cancel the preorder will i get the full amount I put down back on a card or something or will they deduct the 20% bonus if I cancel?

I used the 20% bonus on preorder for sekiro but not sure I want it. If i cancel the preorder will i get the full amount I put down back on a card or something or will they deduct the 20% bonus if I cancel?
Full amount will go to a trade card or whatever you want to use it on in store.

Picked up

Tales of Vesperia: DE

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far

used trade credit but feeling like I don't need to add to the backlog. If I can't sell KH by Friday I'll probably just return them all.

Picked up

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

used trade credit but feeling like I don't need to add to the backlog. If I can't sell KH by Friday I'll probably just return them all.
Awesome deal. I wish my local Gamestops had better newer releases used. I can usually find one game, but finding three that I need/want is hard to do.

Ok so I had a PUR B2G1 coupon expiring on 3/31 and I ended up using that on 2 Switch games (Super Mario Party and Splatoon 2) I'll dump. $49+ tax for the games for $76 trade in credit makes the used Sekiro game a lot cheaper.

It's always weird to see 3 day old games show up in the used inventory.

Just had something weird happen, when CAG16 was used, free shipping goes away. I used it this morning and it worked, but just tried it and it just gives me the value shipping option, along with express and edge.

Got a call from the senior manager at my home store about MLB The Show 19 shipment for pre-orders. He said it had been delayed so the 9pm release for tonight is scrapped. He's expecting the shipment to come in late morning to early afternoon tomorrow and will call customers again when it arrives. Also getting a 10% percent discount because of the delay, so that's cool beans.

Picked up
Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Surprised you were able to find a story so far copy

Just had something weird happen, when CAG16 was used, free shipping goes away. I used it this morning and it worked, but just tried it and it just gives me the value shipping option, along with express and edge.
Worked for me just fine yesterday. I got the free express on a $40 order with elite pro and cag16

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back