2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to get Sekiro (PS4), Metro Exodus.(PS4), DMC 5 (PS4 x2), and KHIII (XB1 x2).

Best part was that it was the Steelbook version of Sekrio! GS app showed the store didn’t have it in stock, but it’s always worth checking out. First store said they didn’t have Metro Exodus either, but I found 2 copies. Always physically check if you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was able to get Sekiro (PS4), Metro Exodus.(PS4), DMC 5 (PS4 x2), and KHIII (XB1 x2).
Best part was that it was the Steelbook version of Sekrio! GS app showed the store didn’t have it in stock, but it’s always worth checking out. First store said they didn’t have Metro Exodus either, but I found 2 copies. Always physically check if you can!
Ok

The steelbook from amazon?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can totally believe someone finding steelbook+game for Sekiro.  To be fair it was only $90 and some people either 1) do not care about steelbook as much as we do; or 2) mistakenly think that they need to trade in steelbooks if they are trading in the games.

Every time I visit a Gamestop I am surprised by how many people have different buying patterns and decisions than a typical CAG.  Usually young teens, their parents, or adults who only game once in a while, come to the store and pay $59.99 plus tax, CASH, for a new copy of Far Cry 5, without any membership (even after the clerk asks 'Do you want to sign up for it?  You get points').  Everyone is different and we just cannot expect people to be 'smart' CAGs.  I mean it's their money lol

I'm sure it's not normal (since they have been bad in previous instances) but GS customer service was extremely helpful in getting the missing PUR points added. Had two separate tradeins (from Monday and Wednesday) from the same store that didn't register despite my PUR account on the receipt.

Plus I only waited 3-4 minutes for a change.

Edit...I wonder if this is a store issue St that location? A same Monday purchase from another store hit the next day.

Since pro day was last month aren't we due for a Prestige day this month?
I hope so, the lack of switch games in last two B2G1s prevented me from building my switch library back up. My two prestige stores near me lost it this past quarter so they might not know, but I’ll try to get some info this weekend.

Do you guys think $100 trade credit is going to be the best I'll get for the base Xbox One for a while? Wanting to trade it and my PS4 slim up for the PS4 Pro.

Dropped by my local GS to throw $5 down on a preorder for Borderlands: GOTY.  To my surprise, I was told that due to the release date being so soon (April 3rd) that it would not give them enough time to allocate stock for preorders.

Asked regarding a possible trade promo for the game & was told the only new promo he was aware of was for Days Gone.  He didn't provide a date but I will be down to cancel my Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free preorder if I can use trade credit instead of cash...

I can totally believe someone finding steelbook+game for Sekiro. To be fair it was only $90 and some people either 1) do not care about steelbook as much as we do; or 2) mistakenly think that they need to trade in steelbooks if they are trading in the games.
i saw a preowned RDR2 steelbook yesterday. it was in great shape, too.

Do you guys think $100 trade credit is going to be the best I'll get for the base Xbox One for a while? Wanting to trade it and my PS4 slim up for the PS4 Pro.
Yes that’s the best price you going to get

Unless there is another console trade promo coming soon, which i doubt because one just ended

Value used to be $70-$80

Yes that’s the best price you going to get

Unless there is another console trade promo coming soon, which i doubt because one just ended

Value used to be $70-$80
I saw it at $80 a bit ago but I wanted to make sure before I made the trade, thank you. There was that $25 dollar extra promotion a week or so ago, I wasn't sure if there would be something similar again after this Xbox One X promo ends tomorrow.

Dropped by my local GS to throw $5 down on a preorder for Borderlands: GOTY. To my surprise, I was told that due to the release date being so soon (April 3rd) that it would not give them enough time to allocate stock for preorders.

Asked regarding a possible trade promo for the game & was told the only new promo he was aware of was for Days Gone. He didn't provide a date but I will be down to cancel my Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free preorder if I can use trade credit instead of cash...
What do you even get for pre ordering that as a bonus?

Went in to pick up a used switch controller the other day and the cashier started ringing it up without showing me the condition. I asked to see it first and was immediately met with resistance. "Don't run out the door with it, Okay?"

I check it out for a few seconds and it's littered with scratches and scuffs. Not huge but worse than I normally like for a $45 controller. I thanked him but declined and got the third degree treatment from hin. It's like he was personally offended. I went over to look for b2g1 Xbox games but he wouldn't drop it and kept bugging me about the controller. Insinuating that it was dumb of me to pass and that a new one would be exactly the same. A few minutes later I had to leave the store without even finishing my shopping trip. Why do GameStop employees always have to be one of two extremes? They are either incredibly cool or unbelievable asses. Sometimes I just want someone to leave me the fuck alone and let me shop.

My local gamestop is messed up. I placed a hold on mlb the show 19 pre owned. When I went to go pick it up, it was already sold!
u must not have been to gamestop before, that happens alot, when u order for in store pickup, the store gets notified at some point but its up to when the employees have time to take the game from the shelf put it on hold, i have always gone to the store and the employee didnt know i knew about it but was besieged with customers or answering calls, pointless to do pickup unless u live faraway

Went in to pick up a used switch controller the other day and the cashier started ringing it up without showing me the condition. I asked to see it first and was immediately met with resistance. "Don't run out the door with it, Okay?"

I check it out for a few seconds and it's littered with scratches and scuffs. Not huge but worse than I normally like for a $45 controller. I thanked him but declined and got the third degree treatment from hin. It's like he was personally offended. I went over to look for b2g1 Xbox games but he wouldn't drop it and kept bugging me about the controller. Insinuating that it was dumb of me to pass and that a new one would be exactly the same. A few minutes later I had to leave the store without even finishing my shopping trip. Why do GameStop employees always have to be one of two extremes? They are either incredibly cool or unbelievable asses. Sometimes I just want someone to leave me the fuck alone and let me shop.
Buy one of those shirts that says in giant letters "leave me alone" and wear it whenever you go shopping

Finally seeing sekiro pop up used. Ideally want that and dmc 5. What to get for the third game though, division 2 or metro exodus? Maybe kingdom hearts though it's not really my style of gameplay. Anyone playing division 2 solo?

Well, just got cancellation email for sekiro so I guess that's that

$5 bonus trade in credit for switch games - is there any catch? I read the terms and it didnt seem like it. trying to trade in 4 games and if that gets me an extra $20 i will be more than happy with that

$5 bonus trade in credit for switch games - is there any catch? I read the terms and it didnt seem like it. trying to trade in 4 games and if that gets me an extra $20 i will be more than happy with that
Not that I know of. Traded in Has Been Heroes for Switch this morning and it was $2.40 plus the $5.

Happened to me when I wanted to buy a used 3ds the Black Friday Mario one. He was hesitant to open the box. No one else in the store. And when he did open the box he didn’t want to open the 3ds and said no...I said ok I’m good then. Walked out...I don’t wanna spend my money just to open the 3ds and it’s scratched up or dented on the inside.

Looks like theres no used Sekiros ANYWHERE in CA and there hasn't been since release. Either it sold terribly here or people love it.

Looks like every game this year so far is lined up for a black Friday buy.

Looks like theres no used Sekiros ANYWHERE in CA and there hasn't been since release. Either it sold terribly here or people love it.
Looks like every game this year so far is lined up for a black Friday buy.
Not true. There were three copies near me within two days of release.

Not true. There were three copies near me within two days of release.
You must be living in a somewhat rural area then because I've checked most of Norcal and even some of socal just for shits around 4-5 times a day since release and have seen one copy only that got grabbed in less than an hour.

Borderlands GOY edition might end up being hard to find (at least at first release), I asked about it my local gamestop and they said the didn't get many copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back