2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they change that recently? Last time I tried a promotion like this, granted it was the 4 for $10 and it was like a year and a half ago, it worked online.
He is incorrect as you noted. The 4 or 3 for xx almost never work online now. I'm not certain when it started, but I believe at some point in the latter half of 2018.

There were several glitches during the 4 for xx deals in the spring that probably had something to do with it. During the 4/10, when using the Elite membership, games were 1 dollar each online. Combine that with orders being broken up to be shipped from multiple stores, and Gamestop found themselves shipping thousands of 1 dollar-valued packages.

They likely lost a good deal of money from that. It's also why a lot of their 5 and under dollar games stopped being available online, I'd assume.

I managed to take advantage of my Elite Pro membership one last time before it expired on Sunday by picking up Onimusha, Borderlands: Handsome Collection and Dragon Quest Builders for the PS4 on the B2G1 sale. 

Silly question, but If I want to move a pre-order, do I do it at the original store or the new store?
You have to get a refund at the original store to take it to a new store. They can't move pre-order money around from store to store. Likewise, you can only cancel a pre-order at the store that has your pre-order.

Tf, I almost hope it is. I unloaded almost all my points yesterday. I guess we'll see!
So their page is still posting by saying they have Switches. I think this is just a big troll job by GS.

For a company with such a poor rep among the loud masses, this is a bad move.

EDIT: When I posted this, the physical rewards section was blank. They hadn't even put the joke there, yet they were posting about it telling people they were in limited quantities.

You have to get a refund at the original store to take it to a new store. They can't move pre-order money around from store to store. Likewise, you can only cancel a pre-order at the store that has your pre-order.
Is this YMMV? I've had workers offer to call other stores to move my pre order to their store.

So you actually lose points when you redeem one of these or are they going to actually have some cheap item in store that they plan to hand out? Still really confusing prank...

So you actually lose points when you redeem one of these or are they going to actually have some cheap item in store that they plan to hand out? Still really confusing prank...
They all just come up as sold out when you click on them. It's in pretty poor taste considering people were already salty that they nixed physical rewards.

They all just come up as sold out when you click on them. It's in pretty poor taste considering people were already salty that they nixed physical rewards.
Oh they finally uploaded the joke. For the first 30 mins or so after they said something about switches on their Facebook page, and when I posted in here, the page was blank.

Gamestop couldn't even troll right.

The PS4 and XB1 are still available for later in the day according to website...I'm thinking that if you redeem one then it will be good for some kind of coupon or trinket later on. Not really an April Fool's joke actually. More like a riddle...

The PS4 and XB1 are still available for later in the day according to website...I'm thinking that if you redeem one then it will be good for some kind of coupon or trinket later on. Not really an April Fool's joke actually. More like a riddle...
So you are saying this is a bait & SWITCH situation?

Hmm interesting, looks like they hadn't finished uploading when I saw them. If these actually become available at the designated times I'm down to waste 5k points and see what happens. Who knows, maybe they're hiding secret b2g1s!

Now it's my turn to ask a dumb question...I never thought I would be in this position.

What's an example of physical rewards?
The Gentleman Claptrap Pop was a points-only physical reward at one point. There were some Halo figures that actually had a very good point-to-eBay-value conversion (like 15k points -> $40). The Gears of War lancer was a lot of points. And there's posters that were often just blown-up cover art.

I really wanted this eraser so I can erase this bad April fools joke from my memory.

I wanted to share what I had gotten from the B2G1 from last week before I forget. I ended up doing two deals.

The first deal was :
Spiderman
Labrynth of Refrain
Kingdom Hearts:TSSF

2nd deal was :
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Steelbook
Subnautica
Final Fantasy: The Zodiac Age Steelbook

I was trying to do another $20 deal, but prices rose in the middle of the week, which is utterly stupid, IMO.

The Gentleman Claptrap Pop was a points-only physical reward at one point. There were some Halo figures that actually had a very good point-to-eBay-value conversion (like 15k points -> $40). The Gears of War lancer was a lot of points. And there's posters that were often just blown-up cover art.
Gentleman Claptrap was a store exclusive (I remember buying it in store)

You may be mistaking it for the Blue Claptrap that was the PUR Exclusive

The best physical reward they ever had was that Warhammer 40K Space marine full size replica Chainsword awhile back. Think it was 100K points and it sold out quick. Sad I missed out.

Anyone been able to preorder borderlands goty in store? What’s it looking like, wondering if I should just order it on 2k store since it says arrives on street date...but I rather just go pick it up at the store but wanna risk it being sold out.

I'm getting close to cracking on Division 2 ultimate just cause my steelbook obsession. I know I shouldn't, but damn that steel with the phoenix is slick. None on ebay yet :(

Anyone been able to preorder borderlands goty in store? What’s it looking like, wondering if I should just order it on 2k store since it says arrives on street date...but I rather just go pick it up at the store but wanna risk it being sold out.
I went in store today and the guy told me because of such short notice, I couldn't preorder it but are expecting a lot of copies for Wednesday.

How long do you have to pickup a preorder before you lose out on the preorder bonus? I preordered the Show and won't be able to pick it up until today...one week late. I won't bother to go out of my way to get it today though if I've already lost the bonus...I'll just wait until the weekend. Last week was just too hectic.

How long do you have to pickup a preorder before you lose out on the preorder bonus? I preordered the Show and won't be able to pick it up until today...one week late. I won't bother to go out of my way to get it today though if I've already lost the bonus...I'll just wait until the weekend. Last week was just too hectic.
I pre-ordered Forza Horizon 3 to get a Porsche diecast and was told bonuses are held for 48 hours, then any leftovers are given out with regular purchase. That being said, ymmv.

The only physical item I even spent points on was 10k for a Dragon Age 2 T-shirt. Everything else has been pretty much $ off certs, except the early days when a couple of times they offered 50% trade coupons. Once or twice I did PSN cards also.

ordered borderlands on 2k...really wanted to walk into gamestop and get a copy, but normally when i try my luck on new releases i end up striking out, and ive been seeing a lot of the only 2-4copies per store

Has anyone ever had a coupon stay on their account after asking for and getting a reward point refund?
I redeemed for a $25 off one in stock online item. The code did not work. I had to get the points back through an escalation appeasement but the code is still in my digital locker where it originally showed up on my account. Not sure if this is same as your situation...

gamestop Q4 earnings report is in. Where you at Renzler?  :D/

spoiler: spend your trade credit soon boys.

Went to my local GameStop and they said they only got two copies of BL GOTY. Not sure if they’ll have a bunch of copies shipped to stores later on. I guess I’ll just buy it and not take any risks, who knows if it’ll be rare

gamestop Q4 earnings report is in. Where you at Renzler? :D/

spoiler: spend your trade credit soon boys.
What do you claim that I said?

Edit: Was the presentation PDF from their investor relations website cut short? That's a short disclosure that felt like it ended prematurely.

I want to see the year end balance sheet before I hear any claims.

How long is too long out to have pre orders using store credit?

Edit: The one I’m most worried about is Fire Emblem since it’s a web in store preorder paid in full.

Also slightly concerned with in store preorders of Persona Q 2, DQ 11 Switch, MUA 3, & Astral Chain b/c while they are in store pre orders, the money down is almost all store credit.

Toys clothing and accessories sales up. Hardware, physical goods down, 700 million down the toilet for GS

https://youtu.be/yvfKBVbEGvo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back