2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:

If I am trading in multiple copies of games to different stores (only two copies). Will they get upset? The manager at the gamestop I go to told me I cant trade in two copies of the same game

Question:

If I am trading in multiple copies of games to different stores (only two copies). Will they get upset? The manager at the gamestop I go to told me I cant trade in two copies of the same game
You can trade up to 4 of the same SKU within a rolling 30 day window. You'll have to trade the multiples at different stores.

Looks like earth defense force 4.1 PS4 is ringing up 9.99 in store even though it says 14.99 on the app. Used it as part of the 4x20 today. [attachment=32088:5AB80E63-EF3A-4D0F-86C1-476BAAA13D29.jpeg]

Add Lowe's gift cards to the list of gift cards not able to be purchased with PUR certs. I had a $25 cert and a $50 cert and I wanted to buy a $75 Lowe's gift card. I was still able to buy a $50 Taco Bell gift card and an AMC $25 gift card with my PUR points. Not sure if my store messed up the transaction but I could not buy 2 gifts cards in the same transaction for example a $20 Burger King gift card and a $55 Taco Bell would not work.

I have the same issue when buying more than one card with certs, I have to do separate most of the time.

So currently it looks like the new list is no go for Visa, Ebay, Amazon, and now Uber and Lowes...and probably Home depot too. But food cards, movie theater cards, and psn/xbox.eshop credit is still good.
When was Uber confirmed to not work?

I have the same issue when buying more than one card with certs, I have to do separate most of the time.

So currently it looks like the new list is no go for Visa, Ebay, Amazon, and now Uber and Lowes...and probably Home depot too. But food cards, movie theater cards, and psn/xbox.eshop credit is still good.
Shell gas cards were also a no go awhile back. Did you get a chance to try Southwest again?

So currently it looks like the new list is no go for Visa, Ebay, Amazon, Shell, and now Uber and Lowes...and probably Home depot too. But food cards, movie theater cards, and psn/xbox.eshop credit is still good. (Edit to add Shell)
Certs have always only applied to 1 item in a transaction. You've always had to do multiple transactions to use on more than 1 item.

Add Lowe's gift cards to the list of gift cards not able to be purchased with PUR certs. I had a $25 cert and a $50 cert and I wanted to buy a $75 Lowe's gift card. I was still able to buy a $50 Taco Bell gift card and an AMC $25 gift card with my PUR points. Not sure if my store messed up the transaction but I could not buy 2 gifts cards in the same transaction for example a $20 Burger King gift card and a $55 Taco Bell would not work.
Aw dang. I was hoping to save good money on a patio set by getting Lowe’s gift cards through GS.

Today is the last day for the 50% bonus trade.

948x200_50_Extra_Credit.jpg

Never traded in a game before. When you trade in do they give you any difference in credit if you give just the disc vs CIB?
Nope, no difference in trade credit on disc only vs complete. Some might be a prick and try to hit you with a refurb fee on disc only. But they take disc only and complete copies at the same price.

I know it was mentioned before, but here are the details.

i1lddx.png

*PowerUp Rewards Cash Offer: Reward cash valid 4/14/19 - 5/5/19 and will be visible within 72 hours following qualifying purchase. Must be a PowerUp Rewards Member to receive reward cash. See associate for details.

I know it was mentioned before, but here are the details.

i1lddx.png

*PowerUp Rewards Cash Offer: Reward cash valid 4/14/19 - 5/5/19 and will be visible within 72 hours following qualifying purchase. Must be a PowerUp Rewards Member to receive reward cash. See associate for details.
Does it have to be $50 in 1 transaction or can it be spread out through multiple ones.

Adding Final Fantasy XV to the newly $9.99 Xbox one list. I've been waiting for that and Far Cry 4 to finally drop to that price. PS4 versions have been that low for a while now.

FF XV Royal Edition has been as low as 14.99 and that release includes all the DLC (not on disc) except Episode Ardyn.
I noticed that, and it's $20 right now from GameStop, but I don't think the DLC is worth it for $11-$16 for someone like me who just wants to beat the base story. It also works toward my 4 for $20 pre-owned quota.

I kind of have a pet peeve towards publishers who put out an updated digital game including all DLC and never put the standard game on sale digitally again. Witcher 3 does it right in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back