2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those with loads of credit and are elite pro

Certain games could be boomeranged for an exact 1:1 ratio for credit to cash

Converted $700 credit into $700+ cash. The MK11 b2g1 pre-ring helped with this too

Magic like this only comes once a year

Ok, so tell me if this checks out. I pre-ordered Days Gone. When I pick it up I can do a B2G1. I buy 3 switch games for 106.40. I then trade them in for 99.00 during a stealth bump? Toward a 20% game for 118.8? I can then trade back Days gone and i basically got paid 12 bucks to take a second b2G1? Doesn't this seem like a lot for not that much? Or am I missing something

Man went to get my preorder of mk11 on switch at Gamestop tonight at 9 and I was the last one and the guy rings me up and says let me get it. He goes to the drawer and he can’t find the switch version. His coworker says oh switch version can’t be sold till midnight...meaning tomorrow morning...😳😳😳
Makes no sense! They did give me my receipt with the buy two get one free. I’m just going to cancel my preorder in the morning and buy the game digitally tonight.

Converted $700 credit into $700+ cash. The MK11 b2g1 pre-ring helped with this too

The limit was $500 cash before your account gets banned.

Traded 5 copies of Wii Sports today (2 accounts) for over $110, free money. Did a bunch of other games, controllers got shot down because the testers were down at both stores. Will have to hit some other stores this week, have to get some retro systems in for cash too. I was going to convert some points to credit too, but the app is  down on my end so I wasn't able to redeem certificates. 

I’d imagine this is a no go tomorrow once the bumps go away, but I’m curious what you found!

I already have my game paid off, do I have purchase the b2g1 tomorrow in the same transaction to trigger it?
In my experience doing this at two stores tonight, yes. The transaction where they process the pickup would be the one you’d want your 3 used games on. Supposedly you get the in the moment B2G1, followed by a coupon in your active offers some time later.

All of the Lego games for Switch are good flips from BB (with GCU) to GS if you're in CA (Elite Pro 20% + 50% TIV).

Another good one is Soul Calibur VI ($15.99 w/ GCU) >> GS TIV Promo = $34.00

The limit was $500 cash before your account gets banned.
If he went over $500 in one transaction and did none after that, he might be ok. I vaguely recall someone saying bans are triggered by the transaction after the transaction that hits a limit.

That or he’s already banned.

Sorry for the noob question, but does the 50% extra in CA apply to consoles as well? I see that my white 2 TB Xbox One S system would normally get $150 (sadly, there's no bump in value for the bigger HDD). Would this become $225, or does some condition limit this?

Sorry for the noob question, but does the 50% extra in CA apply to consoles as well? I see that my white 2 TB Xbox One S system would normally get $150 (sadly, there's no bump in value for the bigger HDD). Would this become $225, or does some condition limit this?
Games and accessories only, IIRC.

All of the Lego games for Switch are good flips from BB (with GCU) to GS if you're in CA (Elite Pro 20% + 50% TIV).

Another good one is Soul Calibur VI ($15.99 w/ GCU) >> GS TIV Promo = $34.00
This is definitely good, but it's likely dead now. The stealth bump should be over so most values like this would have tanked now.

So many things worked out perfect for me with this stealth bump. I spent $80 at Family Video on their buy 2 get 1 free game sale. I kept a few for myself and traded the rest to GS. The store here in WI does not do CSC, so ended up with MK11 for Switch, $25 XBL card, and have $360 in credit left.

Does this bonus trade credit for California apply for consoles too or is it only games? Also do they even list the bonus on the website anywhere because I don't see it

Does this bonus trade credit for California apply for consoles too or is it only games? Also do they even list the bonus on the website anywhere because I don't see it
This was answered 4 posts before yours.

I know things re: MK11 got confusing today...at least it did for me.  

But in the end the B2G1 applied to the same transaction wherein the pre-existing preorder got paid off.  So I already had $5 on it a week ago.  So when I went in to pay off the other $55 (plus tax) I was able to B2G1 (switch games) in the same transaction.  Also did some trades in the same transaction.  

Went back at 9 p.m. and picked up the game...got the mask pre-order bonus but they were out of lunch tins.  

No idea how you guys manage to get $500 worth of games for 80 bucks. Guess that's the benefit of living in the middle of nowhere so nobody is competing with you.

So far trade values seem to hold up even after closing in cali.

1x Mario Odyssey

1x Lego Harry Potter(I have 3 but they wouldn't take it)

3x Wii Mote

1x Sensor Bar

1x Wii Av

1x Wii Brick

----------

130$-17(For Pre Owned Jake Hunter)

I think I did well enough to supply my quest for completing Vita's R1 Collection

Did everyone else get either a mask or a tin and not both when picking up only one copy of the game. My local gs ran out of tins pretty surprised not a lot of people wanted the mask

Only masks and only if you mentioned it

Other option was a poster of Johnny cage that might as well have been a page slipped out of the weekly flyer, yet when I first arrived at 9:05 a dude walked out with a real 20” by 35” looking landscape poster, but that might’ve been tie in merch.

Never heard mention of a lunch box

Some stores talked about a raffle

———

It appears Sekiro and all switch games held values except only Mario Kart 8 which dropped to $25.

Only masks and only if you mentioned it

Other option was a poster of Johnny cage that might as well have been a page slipped out of the weekly flyer, yet when I first arrived at 9:05 a dude walked out with a real 20” by 35” looking landscape poster, but that might’ve been tie in merch.

Never heard mention of a lunch box

Some stores talked about a raffle

———

It appears Sekiro and all switch games held values except only Mario Kart 8 which dropped to $25.
It looks like all Switch games now dropped to $25.

Did everyone else get either a mask or a tin and not both when picking up only one copy of the game. My local gs ran out of tins pretty surprised not a lot of people wanted the mask
My store only had 5 lunchboxes and a bunch of facemasks. Sounds like that item was limited based on GS Reddit. I got 2 face masks as my wife was with and on a whim asked for one. Fairly certain it should be only 1 free item per preorder. I did not see the posters, but I think those were handed out after facemasks were gone.

I didn't have any no csac stores, but made out ok. i paid off mk 11 for ps4/xb1/nsw (with gift receipts) on one pre-sell transaction along with 9 b2g1 switch games at one store.

next, i went to another store and paid off mk 11 for ps4/nsw (with gift receipts) on one pre-sell transaction along with a different set of 6 b2g1 switch games.

then, i went to a third store and traded all 15 nsw games and put $5 down on days gone for boost. lastly, picked up mk11 at the first store and lucked out with getting the tin and the mask. i'll pickup the other two pre-sells later this week.

that worked as expected, and I will figure out what I am keeping/gifting/returning after the b2g1 active offer drops on 4/29 and has been used.

As an aside, the third store had a jerk employee trying to force me to use all of the 20% boost towards the days gone pre-order. After some discussion and debate (POS or GTFO :D ), he decided to allow me to only put $5 down.

Anyone experience this before? I almost had to take my 15 switch trades to a fourth store...I almost exclusively trade during boosts and bumps and have never had to do this.

Is it worth trading in nsw games with the b2g1 free today? Towards 20% days gone?
I would use PUR points to buy Days Gone and then trade it back in 48 hours later after you take/redeem the preorder bonus items.

Got my MK11 and was only able to use 1 of the $10 rewards cash coupons.  System didn't allow more than 1

Store had plenty of masks and posters.  They said the the tins were the hot item in short supply

Got my MK11 and was only able to use 1 of the $10 rewards cash coupons. System didn't allow more than 1

Store had plenty of masks and posters. They said the the tins were the hot item in short supply
You can only use rewards coupons together if they are different denominations. So like a $10, a $20, and a $50 will work fine together.

Got my MK11 and was only able to use 1 of the $10 rewards cash coupons. System didn't allow more than 1

Store had plenty of masks and posters. They said the the tins were the hot item in short supply
Was the mask cool? I didn't even try to get on because I expected a plastic halloween style pos.

Thanks everyone for the tip on trading 1 day only here in California. Hard not to pass up dumping some backlog games for more than I had originally purchased them for.

That said..how are people racking up so much PUR points? Is PUR multiplier even higher for Elite than Pro? Did $123 in trade-ins yesterday and I think that results in almost 2500 points..not the much larger numbers people are talking about. 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back